[DEAD] Gamestop daily deal - spend $80 save $20 (works on many pre-orders)

pretty good deal if you plan on pre-ordering at full retail and then picking up darksiders for $20, essentially getting the game for free

[quote name='ShockandAww']use coupon code 80SAVE20

working on pre-orders currently.

Does not work on some such as GT5 CE, Halo Reach CE, Fallout New Vegas CE..[/QUOTE]

Hmm. Is working on Fable 3 LE, which might be nice since Amazon isn't offering $20 credit on that version.

Doesn't seem to work on buying 2 copies of Starcraft 2.

Nvm works in internet explorer.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='chocula87']Or you can cancel the pre-order when Darksiders arrives

thus getting the game for free[/QUOTE]

It doesn't work that way. The discount spreads evenly across them all.

[quote name='chocula87']pretty good deal if you plan on pre-ordering at full retail and then picking up darksiders for $20, essentially getting the game for free[/QUOTE]
Awesome idea. Thanks!

No go on StarCraft 2 CE

Per the coupon:

Coupon 80SAVE20 - $20 off any order $80 or more. Not valid on consoles or collector’s editions. Other restrictions may apply. Expires July 22, 2010

If you want that Fable 2 LE, might want to jump on it before they change it.

I am using it to preorder the PS move motion controller and navigation controller, with Madden 07 for 1.49 as filler. 61.97 before shipping

EDIT: Might change it to PS move bundle plus navigation controller

*Edit: it doesn't work on any Playstation Move stuff, it shows the discount in your cart but gives you an error at checkout.

[quote name='randomthinker']No go on StarCraft 2 CE

Per the coupon:

If you want that Fable 2 LE, might want to jump on it before they change it.[/QUOTE]

No go for me.
Just tried with Fable 2 LE, and the coupon removes itself when you submit payment.

tried using it for arc rise fantasia and metroid other m, but it rebuked me on the payment confirmation page, now in my cart the 80save20 code is reading as "save $10 on your next order"

EDIT: refreshed a few times, and it went through.

Worked fine for me for Infamous 2 + CoD Black Ops pre-orders. $107 after tax.

I had some credit I needed to use up and it allowed me to cancel my Amazon pre-order of Infamous 2 and free up some cash which is better than GS credit anyway so overall it worked out very well for me.

Getting the error below when trying to preorder COD Black Ops and Gran Turismo 5 all standard editions:

"The coupon entered will not provide a discount based on the current contents of your shopping cart. You may continue checkout without a discount or read the coupon description below and make the appropriate changes to your shopping cart or shipping method selected. Coupon description :
Coupon:80SAVE20 - $20 off any order $80 or more. Not valid on consoles or collector’s editions. Other restrictions may apply. Expires July 22, 2010. "

EDIT: I also tried it with COD Black Ops and Call of Duty 4 new. Got the same error. Does it matter that I'm selecting In Store Pick-up?

Just placed my order.
iconxbox360.gif
Dead Rising 2 CE (79.99) and
iconps2_r2.gif
Stuntman (1.49) as a filler. Total came up to be $65.62 after 80SAVE20, SAVER, & edge card discount. Hopefully it goes through.

Lets say that I order COD4 for 29.99, and preorder Gran Turismo 5 for 59.99 and use the promo code, does it charge all at once? If not, will the discount go towrds the COD4?

I need some advise.

Should I go ahead and pre-order FIFA 2011 + Black Ops ? Turns into $50 each.

I have Reach pre-ordered in store. Should I cancel that , Pre-Order it online with Fifa 11. Turns into $50 each and $20 coupon for Halo : Reach and get Black Ops for $40 ?

So many options :(

would of kicked ass if they match amazon deals..

Picked up 2 copies of FF light for 35 each pick up a cheap 10 buck filler game

80 bucks - 20 - 20 gift cards

40 bucks for a FILLER game and 2 Final Fantasy: The 4 Heroes of Light
would of kick major ass

[quote name='warpedsoul'] Does it matter that I'm selecting In Store Pick-up?[/QUOTE]

Yes it wont work with in store pick up. You'd have to have them shipped and it should work ok then with those games.

[quote name='Crimson']Deadspace 2 Limited Edition PS3 and Fable 3 LE still seem to work.[/QUOTE]
Is DS2 on the PS3 really a limited edition? It appears to be the only version available on the PS3 at the moment.

For those interested, it works with power saver sale stuff too. I added AC2, Bioshock 2, demon's souls and condemned to check and it was fine.

is there any advantage to using 80save20 vs. 20from80 or vice versa? can one code be stacked with some other code whereas the other can't or something? just wondering which is best.

[quote name='PublikDefender']so i guess this essentially replaces the 20from80 code? weren't people that used the 20from80 code getting their orders cancelled? it is weird that this new code is ok to use w/ the power save sale.[/QUOTE]
I used 20from80 but I had non-Power Saver items in my order too. Demon's Souls :ps3: and Dark Void :360: both arrived today with some PSP stuff.
80save20 is the only current code that is working with preorders, to my knowledge. It expires tomorrow.
20from80 only works on in-stock items and expires on 7/31. The expiration date could have changed with the addition of this new code.

[quote name='randomthinker']@Vader582: love the Gamestop ad/CAG Blog screenshot :)[/QUOTE]
Thanks! :D

I have a question , can somsone please answer fast.

It sucks having to wait a week for a new game but Saver helps a bunch.

Lets say I use Saver now and pre-order 2 games. What if in a week there is a free 2 day shipping coupon with orders over $50 or something ?

Can I cancel the saver and use that coupon ?

[quote name='deadandbrok3n']I have a question , can somsone please answer fast.

Lets say I use Saver now and pre-order 2 games. What if in a week there is a free 2 day shipping coupon with orders over $50 or something ?

Can I cancel the saver and use that coupon ?[/QUOTE]
No, well at least not easily. You'll have to call CS and see if they will add it to the order. Most times they will tell you it's one or the other not both codes. ie: You can't save $20 and get free overnight shipping.
Saver is pretty quick imho. If a game comes out on a Tuesday I have it by Thursday.

[quote name='warpedsoul']If I preorder a game, and purchase an instock game, does the full amount withdraw from my account now?[/QUOTE]
No, not the full amount, only what's needed to cover the in-stock item.

[quote name='deadandbrok3n']I have a question , can somsone please answer fast.

Can I cancel the saver and use that coupon ?[/QUOTE]

No sorry, you can't edit any orders once they have been completed, you can only delete them.

[quote name='warpedsoul']If I preorder a game, and purchase an instock game, does the full amount withdraw from my account now?[/QUOTE]

No. Stuff should only be charged as it ships. So you'd be charged for the in stock, but not the pre-order game.

[quote name='ShockandAww']No. Stuff should only be charged as it ships. So you'd be charged for the in stock, but not the pre-order game.[/QUOTE]

Which part does the discount cover?

too bad doesnt worth with any other deal had

MySims Racing - Nintendo DS
Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days - Nintendo DS
Band Hero - Nintendo DS
Monster Rancher DS - Nintendo DS

before 80off20

70 bucks if another 20 came off that i would of grabbed in a second not worth 70

major steal at 50 luke warm deal at 70

THOUGH COULD DO A

Dungeon Siege: Throne of Agony - Sony PSP would pay 10 for it anyways
Monster rancher DS
GOLDEN SUN DS (who knows when or if this will ever come out ) or toss in one of the FF 4 lights
junk 5 buck filler for shipping

60 bucks break it down
10 for throne
20 for monster rancher
25 for Golden sun or FF 4 lights
5 for shipping

Tempted Very tempted

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAA i broke my coupon no longer works LOL

[quote name='slidecage']too bad doesnt worth with any other deal had

MySims Racing - Nintendo DS
Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days - Nintendo DS
Band Hero - Nintendo DS
Monster Rancher DS - Nintendo DS

before 80off20

70 bucks if another 20 came off that i would of grabbed in a second not worth 70

major steal at 50 luke warm deal at 70[/QUOTE]
So you were trying to stack 2 $20 coupons? If it went through, that order would be canceled.

Tempted to bite on:
Dead Space Ltd Ed. :ps3:
Patapon 3 :psp:
and some Real Triggers.
Kind of like getting Patapon 3 as a preorder bonus...:lol:

Does anyone know if Gamestop has a 1-2 day shipping code ? Or if they will release another overnight shipping code for Halo: Reach?

Just pre-ordered almost all the games I want for Nintendo consoles for the rest of the year! :D

Order #1:
Wii - DKC Returns
Wii - Kirby: Epic Yarn

-$86.58 shipped

Order #2:
Wii - Sonic Colors
DS - Sonic Colors

-$70.34 shipped

Order #3:
Wii - Disney Epic Mickey
Wii - FlingSmash

-$86.58 shipped

Thanks for the heads up about pre-orders, OP! :)

*EDIT* Didn't realize the Move bundle worked with the coupon! Pre-ordered one of those too! :D

*EDIT 2* I pre-ordered an extra Move controller, a Move Navigation controller, and ordered some Real Triggers to bump the total just over $80. I'm done!

[quote name='deadandbrok3n']Does anyone know if Gamestop has a 1-2 day shipping code ? Or if they will release another overnight shipping code for Halo: Reach?[/QUOTE]
Nope and don't know.

[quote name='Vader582']So you were trying to stack 2 $20 coupons? If it went through, that order would be canceled.

Tempted to bite on:
Dead Space Ltd Ed. :ps3:
Patapon 3 :psp:
and some Real Triggers.
Kind of like getting Patapon 3 as a preorder bonus...:lol:[/QUOTE]

no 15 would came off first cause every new Ds game you buy takes 5 bucks off the total

so 15 would came off then the 20 off 80 to make it 50

Too bad Gamestop doesnt have the 10 buck code for the FF 4 lights

I would grabbed

FF 4 lights and Monster rancher and tossed in a junk 5 buck game to reach 80

would knocked it to 60 and then the free 10 would knocked it to 50

but when you look at those figures it doesnt seem that good since you can get it right now via amazon for
55 after gift card

Hummm where im i going wrong
FF lights 35
Monster rancher 30
OOO I need 15 buck game so toss in Throne and a junk 5 game
60 would been 50 take 10 off for the throne 40 man that would rocked getting FF lights and monster rancher for 40 BUT will never work so BLAH

So lets see the better deal :)

amazon
Final fantasy lights 35
monstrer rancher 30
Throne 10
Junk 5 buck game 5
Total 80 bucks - 10 buck gift card 70 tax free

Gamestop
Final fantasy lights 35
monstrer rancher 30
Throne 10
Junk 6 buck game 6
81 bucks - 20 off code 61 bucks + tax 5.70 TOTAL 66.70

blah only saving less then 4 bucks pass i guess

Crap if i didnt grab persona 3 psp off amazon could of done

Persona 3
Monster rancher
Throne
for 60 took 10 off for throne (50) took 30 off for persona would gave me monster rancher for 20 butim sure monster rancher will be 20 within a month anyways

[quote name='slidecage']no 15 would came off first cause every new Ds game you buy takes 5 bucks off the total

so 15 would came off then the 20 off 80 to make it 50

Too bad Gamestop doesnt have the 10 buck code for the FF 4 lights

I would grabbed

FF 4 lights and Monster rancher and tossed in a junk 5 buck game to reach 80

would knocked it to 60 and then the free 10 would knocked it to 50

but when you look at those figures it doesnt seem that good since you can get it right now via amazon for
55 after gift card

Hummm where im i going wrong
FF lights 35
Monster rancher 30
OOO I need 15 buck game so toss in Throne and a junk 5 game
60 would been 50 take 10 off for the throne 40 man that would rocked getting FF lights and monster rancher for 40 BUT will never work so BLAH[/QUOTE]
DS game? There's no DS game in that order...I'm not sure you know what you're talking about their chief.

bread's done
Back