[DEAD] Gamestop daily deal - spend $80 save $20 (works on many pre-orders)

[quote name='petersa1d']im trying to get demon souls and starcraft 2 and it says you can't combine coupons with the 80save20[/QUOTE]

odd try clearing your cookies or something and try clearing your cart and trying again because I got Saver to work with 80save20

After taking too long, I only placed one order.

Valkyria Chronicles 2 (Playstation Portable)
Metroid: Other M (Nintendo Wii)

Subtotal: $69.98
Estimated Tax: $4.37
Total: $74.35

Codes used: 80SAVE20, SAVER

Last edited by a moderator:
Yay, my filler game just got shipped. Looks like I'm going to get Dead Rising 2 CE for $60.31 when it comes out.

[quote name='dz00mb1e']Yay, my filler game just got shipped. Looks like I'm going to get Dead Rising 2 CE for $60.31 when it comes out.[/QUOTE]

Very close to doing this.

[quote name='Fatbot3']Very close to doing this.[/QUOTE]

Just do it. I'm about to place another order of preorders.

[quote name='dz00mb1e']Just do it. I'm about to place another order of preorders.[/QUOTE]

Done, thanks for the push. Now to find the money!

[quote name='Fatbot3']Done, thanks for the push. Now to find the money![/QUOTE]

No problem. That's what I'm here for.

Last edited by a moderator:
Decided to go ahead and bite:
Madden 11 (pre-order)
God Of War 3 (new)
$74.18 shipped

Plus Madden comes with $10 GC and 20,000 coins code.

Quick question... I have not ordered off of gamestop in over a year...I am about to place an order for the 80-20 deal... It says apply gift card, than saids my account number and $18.92 x.. Than it says "add another gift card" So does that mean I have a gift card for 18.92??? I know for a fact I have nothing on my edge card rite now... so hrm? Any idea? Thanks.

I could not resist so I ordered the following:

:psp: Y's Limited Edition $49.99
:ds: Etrian Odyssey 3 $29.99
:xbox: Perfect Dark Zero (used) $2.49

Using 80SAVE20, SAVER and Edge discount, the total was $62.22 + tax.

[quote name='jd10984']Quick question... I have not ordered off of gamestop in over a year...I am about to place an order for the 80-20 deal... It says apply gift card, than saids my account number and $18.92 x.. Than it says "add another gift card" So does that mean I have a gift card for 18.92??? I know for a fact I have nothing on my edge card rite now... so hrm? Any idea? Thanks.[/QUOTE]

it means u have 18.92 on it

How long are the daily deals good for? Til midnight or noon Central? I'm looking to get in on the deal, but if I can get an accessory with the TRU deal tomorrow, then that changes my order a bit.

EDIT: Duh, checked the deal on the Gamestop.com page. 11 AM CST. Nevermind.

[quote name='killer9']it means u have 18.92 on it[/QUOTE]

Weird, because I know I spent the rest of the trade in credit on my edge card last month... I also just checked my balance and it says I have 0 on it... Your current balance is: $0.00... So I have no idea where the 18.92 is coming from.. hrm.

Can't quite pull the trigger on this with Fable 3 LE, but I'm sure there will be another bugged code within the next couple months. Maybe by then they will have a better offer like a $10-$20 code. One can hope!

Why isn't it letting me use the coupon for Starcraft 2 preorder + a WoW game card? I don't understand. The total is $89.98 but it says:
"The coupon entered will not provide a discount based on the current contents of your shopping cart. You may continue checkout without a discount or read the coupon description below and make the appropriate changes to your shopping cart or shipping method selected. Coupon description :
Coupon:20FROM80 - $20 off any in-stock order of in-stock merchandise totaling $80 or more. Excludes consoles, bundles and special editions. May not be combined with other offers. Expires 7/31/2010 11:59PM"

Is it just because SC2 isn't in stock yet?

When I put just Starcraft 2 in the cart it allows me to get free shipping but when I combine Starcraft 2 with another game (3D Dot Game Heroes) then it shows up as it's charging me shipping costs.

It's not a HUGE deal but I'd like to get my free 3 day shipping...

Pre-ordered the Rock Band 3 bundle. Better than paying the full price and tax. Hopefully I can rock out by that weekend.

[quote name='herro']Why isn't it letting me use the coupon for Starcraft 2 preorder + a WoW game card? I don't understand. The total is $89.98 but it says:
"The coupon entered will not provide a discount based on the current contents of your shopping cart. You may continue checkout without a discount or read the coupon description below and make the appropriate changes to your shopping cart or shipping method selected. Coupon description :
Coupon:20FROM80 - $20 off any in-stock order of in-stock merchandise totaling $80 or more. Excludes consoles, bundles and special editions. May not be combined with other offers. Expires 7/31/2010 11:59PM"

Is it just because SC2 isn't in stock yet?[/QUOTE]

Make sure you didn't set it to where you pick it up in stores, apparently that voids the coupons

[quote name='Jackie Chandler']Thanks for reminding me about Rock Band. I just put in a few orders:

Rock Band 3 Pro Wireless Guitar- $142.66
Rock Band 3 Wireless Keyboard- $66.08
Rock Band 3 360- $49.55

All prices after shipping+tax. Overall I'm saving nearly $55. :D[/QUOTE]
How did you use it on RB3? It's only $60.

[quote name='$hady']Decided to go ahead and bite:
Madden 11 (pre-order)
God Of War 3 (new)
$74.18 shipped

Plus Madden comes with $10 GC and 20,000 coins code.[/QUOTE]

What are the coins for? I might switch places to preorder mine from. I got the amazon $20 credit thing going. I still got $10 from ncaa 2011 which was a bust from the AI.

I think I'm going to order:

:360:Fable 3 (LE)
:ps3:Mafia 2 (CE)
:360:Dead Rising 2 (CE)

With an order of ps3 triggers on each. Comes to about $69 each after taxes. Not huge savings, but if I find a better deal I can just cancel I suppose. Actually still debating on Mafia 2 cuz I already have it pre-ordered at amazon.

[quote name='petersa1d']Make sure you didn't set it to where you pick it up in stores, apparently that voids the coupons[/QUOTE]

Nope, it's set to ship, not in-store. Still won't let me apply the coupon.

^^ I noticed you put 20FROM80 as the code; try 80SAVE20

Edit: Just bit on Fable 3 LE and Tiger 07 as my filler. I've been holding onto a $25 giftcard for an occassion just like this. Ended up being $44.43 w/tax & shipping for both games.

don't know if this is common knowledge but i added a few used games to get my total to $81 and applied the 80save20 BEFORE logging on to my acct which brought my total to $61 then logged in to apply the edge and it knocked it down to $52 and some change so saved around another $9 doing it that way. don't know why i never thought of that before.

Yea just FYI it won't work for pre-orders (like the Move bundle) if you choose In-Store pickup. It works if you use shipping, including SAVER for free value shipping.

Move bundle + extra Move + Navigation controller for ~$148 shipped spread over two orders with a $1.50 used game as filler. Not bad.

[quote name='SelmaBlair']When I put just Starcraft 2 in the cart it allows me to get free shipping but when I combine Starcraft 2 with another game (3D Dot Game Heroes) then it shows up as it's charging me shipping costs.

It's not a HUGE deal but I'd like to get my free 3 day shipping...[/QUOTE]

Maybe because the three-day shipping offer is specific to Starcraft 2, and not Starcraft 2 with whatever else you want to throw in? Just a guess here, but I'd imagine the the three-day shipping only applies with order containing only Starcraft 2.

[quote name='pete5883']How did you use it on RB3? It's only $60.[/QUOTE]
I made a post I don't think anyone read. XD Because of the way the coupon distributes the discount, making orders of ~$81 will make $60 games just over $45. That said, it makes more sense to make orders of $81 and cancel the other portions of the order to get $60 games at that price, than say, two $60 games - the $20 off. You can even cancel the filler game before it ships with no problem.

[quote name='FNL 4EVA']Can i just add 2 preorder games to hit $80?[/QUOTE]

Yes, the reason you don't see people doing that is that they're trying to hit as close to 80 as possible to maximize percentage saved.

[quote name='Anexanhume']Yes, the reason you don't see people doing that is that they're trying to hit as close to 80 as possible to maximize percentage saved.[/QUOTE]

Cool but now it no longer will let me get 20 off 80 when i do batman ark 2 and medal of honor for the 360. I placed a order for DR2 360 CE fine about a hour ago but i can not get it to work anymore. It fails at the end saying no consoles or CE's but none of them are that in my cart. Is this dead?

[quote name='FNL 4EVA']Cool but now it no longer will let me get 20 off 80 when i do batman ark 2 and medal of honor for the 360. I placed a order for DR2 360 CE fine about a hour ago but i can not get it to work anymore. It fails at the end saying no consoles or CE's but none of them are that in my cart. Is this dead?[/QUOTE]
Just to make sure, you are using 80SAVE20, aren't you?

I want a PS Move and Navigation controller, but it wont let me do it.

I don't want the bundle because I already have a PSEye, and I don't care for a Wii Sports rip-off.

[quote name='Jackie Chandler']Just to make sure, you are using 80SAVE20, aren't you?[/QUOTE]

Yup i copy and paste and triple checked if that was the problem. I took out MOH and put in reg halo reach with batman ark 2 and still a no go. I remember someone saying they used this code on batman ark 2 preorder so i have no clue what is wrong. I even added instock items and once i put about 60 bucks or so in it then it let me do $20 off.

clear.gif
Handling Options Product Description Availability Qty. Remove Price
clear.gif

clear.gif
Ship to Address In-Store Pick-Up

Batman: Arkham Asylum 2 - Xbox 360

Pre-order Ships 1/3/2011
overlay_arrow_vert.gif
Close This product has not yet been released. Pre-ordering a product is the best way to ensure that you'll receive it promptly when released. The date listed is usually the date we pick up the product from the vendor and ship to you.

Available for in-store pick-up
Update
Please enter a valid quantity.
$119.98
clear.gif

clear.gif
View Handling Rates and Information

Sub-Total: $119.98
clear.gif

clear.gif

clear.gif
Coupon SAVER - Free Value Shipping on your order.
clear.gif

clear.gif
Coupon 80SAVE20 - $20 off any order $80 or more. Not valid on consoles or collector’s editions. Other restrictions may apply. Expires July 22, 2010.

I get this on everything i try to buy on a 2nd order with the code. I wonder if it is dead or they added a limitation of one per address or account now? I try checking out it fails saying it has a console or CE in the order.

bread's done
Back