[DEAD] GameStop Treasure Hunt Thursdays Challenge - Free $5 Xbox credit

Guys, we've had exploits from Smarterchild (several times), Deadliest Catch, Bing rewards, etc, etc. These things every so often and bannings don't occur.

Back in like 2008 heads were getting $100+ daily from Smarterchild. Those were good times.

Guys, we've had exploits from Smarterchild (several times), Deadliest Catch, Bing rewards, etc, etc. These things every so often and bannings don't occur.

Back in like 2008 heads were getting $100+ daily from Smarterchild. Those were good times.
I remember in 2012, I had running like 20 gold Bing reward accounts (yes I wanted to get CoD maps so bad back then), in like than a month I made like ~$200 in MSpoints, I bought a lot of content with that. After a while MS started banning all of my bing accounts but my Xbox account is still intact.

I'd be worried if you redeemed more than 100$, I don't think anyone will get banned but I think that gamestop will do something to prevent that the next week

I remember in 2012, I had running like 20 gold Bing reward accounts (yes I wanted to get CoD maps so bad back then), in like than a month I made like ~$200 in MSpoints, I bought a lot of content with that. After a while MS started banning all of my bing accounts but my Xbox account is still intact.
same here, though i only had like 5 bing accounts and all but 1 got locked

Did someone really get that marketplace fraud email for this promotion? I mean this has got to be a GS or FB problem.

Did someone really get that marketplace fraud email for this promotion? I mean this has got to be a GS or FB problem.
I don't know, I spend thousands a year on xbox live, and I got 20 of my family members ready for this promotion this week to get me some free credit. Just because someone is lucky to have a hook up shouldn't mean microsoft should ban and punish the account that redeemed the codes. If so I would fight them to death over that sh*t :boxing:

How did people make so many FB accounts? They require phone numbers now.

Not that I tried to make a new account or anything. I'd never do that.

Damn that went quickly.. didn't even get a chance
It went on for around an hour and a half. I was kinda surprised, I thought it would have ended sooner. I used my lunch break for it :<

can't wait to do it again next week!

I'd be worried if you redeemed more than 100$, I don't think anyone will get banned but I think that gamestop will do something to prevent that the next week
You would think so, but I don't think that's the case, otherwise they would have changed it this week. The only way for them to really blow this up would be to restrict new accounts from entering the promotion, something im not sure they can do.

Last edited by a moderator:
How did people make so many FB accounts? They require phone numbers now.

Not that I tried to make a new account or anything. I'd never do that.
To be honest I'm not entirely sure, I had a social project at my college last year where some girl wanted to make a ton of facebook accounts and try this theory of hers on social media. She waited last day before class and came to explain to the teacher how it fell apart because she couldn't make more then six facebooks before they started asking for phone numbers.

If you have any friends or family that don't hesitate to help than that's the best bet I'd say. I had to prepare my family all week for today =P

To be honest I'm not entirely sure, I had a social project at my college last year where some girl wanted to make a ton of facebook accounts and try this theory of hers on social media. She waited last day before class and came to explain to the teacher how it fell apart because she couldn't make more then six facebooks before they started asking for phone numbers.

If you have any friends or family that don't hesitate to help than that's the best bet I'd say. I had to prepare my family all week for today =P
You know you can bullshit a phone number and just confirm it with your own phone number and its good to go

Exactly. FB asks for your verification through phone number, and you can't use one # on multiple accounts.
3 actually lol found this out as I made 10 to get 50 bucks to help buy titanfall... Thankful for the wife's phone and a buddies

But shhhhhh don't tell anyone

3 actually lol found this out as I made 10 to get 50 bucks to help buy titanfall... Thankful for the wife's phone and a buddies

But shhhhhh don't tell anyone
glad it worked out for you. Titanfall,! I would never pay 50 for that game. I didn't like it at all. Gameplay is very repetitive and predictable. And it's multilayer only, no story based campaign. I would suggest to rent Titanfall, try it out first before spending your hard earned money(promo$) lol

Yeah fb started asking for a phone number after a couple of accounts, but i used the same number on atleast 2 of the accounts i'm sure.

glad it worked out for you. Titanfall,! I would never pay 50 for that game. I didn't like it at all. Gameplay is very repetitive and predictable. And it's multilayer only, no story based campaign. I would suggest to rent Titanfall, try it out first before spending your hard earned money(promo$) lol
Nah I like it a good bit... Played it at a friends house a good bit. Plus I mean... It was free lol

Does anybody have an extra $10 they can loan me until next Thursday?

I wanna get Black Ops II bit I was only able to score $50

Wow ... and to think I felt guilty about getting 3 codes this week O:)   Well, the small print stated that - and I am paraphrasing - one code per person.  So, I used myself, my wife, and my nephew.  Real people who use my Xbox account ... well, not nearly as much as me, but semantics :D/

Thanks 400 dollar dude ... I don't feel bad anymore.

[quote name="MetalMegaGio" post="11876146" timestamp="1403847397"]Why would you pay $60 for Black Ops 2 when I'm sure its half of that in any store.[/quote]

I've seen it on Craigslist like for $10, don't waste $60 on a 3 year old game man.

It asks you for a phone number twice, one that is assigned to the account, and one that is needed to be verified
It isn't that hard to get the verified code in
You don't need to put in 2 numbers. Just one that it sends a code to. I've never had to add a number to any of my fake accounts unless it asked for verification. Putting in your address and phone number on the about you thing is optional. Bit by all means go make a million accounts if you know how.

Why would you pay $60 for Black Ops 2 when I'm sure its half of that in any store.
Right on, just get physical copy for half price. If you'll get digital title you'll be stuck with it, you can't trade it or sell it.

(I'm extremely picky when it comes to digital games + we have GwG which tend to put out games that were on sale not so long ago.)

Hence I doubt that BlackOps 2 will be on GwG, but you can't go wrong with a physical copy.

I did manage to get 3 codes last thursday, but only because someone posted a link in the free xbox live trials thread... But how exactly do you find the links to get to the "here's your code, enter your email/facebook account" page? Any help?

I did manage to get 3 codes last thursday, but only because someone posted a link in the free xbox live trials thread... But how exactly do you find the links to get to the "here's your code, enter your email/facebook account" page? Any help?

Right on, just get physical copy for half price. If you'll get digital title you'll be stuck with it, you can't trade it or sell it.

(I'm extremely picky when it comes to digital games + we have GwG which tend to put out games that were on sale not so long ago.)

Hence I doubt that BlackOps 2 will be on GwG, but you can't go wrong with a physical copy.
Free >>> Paying any amount of money

Gamestop twitter feed they put up some easy hints. Like last tuesday it was "hint: xbox 360". All you had to do was go to the main 360 page on gamestop.com ( http://www.gamestop.com/xbox360 ) and at the very bottom was the box to fill out.

shouvle started making accounts sooner than Tuesday but oh well Im ready for this. its really stupid facebook starts blocking new accounts and you cant just do it all in one day....like really wtf does it matter?

also gmail wanting a phone number verification? its freakin email. I remember the password to one of my alternate emails but I couldn't access it because my backup email for that account is something I cant remember.

whatever happened to the old days you could make 1000000 emails and no one cared.

I'm glad you can't make hundreds of Facebook accounts in one day anymore. Sure go ahead and grab more then one code and make multiple accounts, but you don't need 100. C'mon now. That being said......about 12 hours to go.

shouvle started making accounts sooner than Tuesday but oh well Im ready for this. its really stupid facebook starts blocking new accounts and you cant just do it all in one day....like really wtf does it matter?

also gmail wanting a phone number verification? its freakin email. I remember the password to one of my alternate emails but I couldn't access it because my backup email for that account is something I cant remember.

whatever happened to the old days you could make 1000000 emails and no one cared.
Uh...I know, because Facebook doesn't want a flood of fake/inactive accounts. They don't need to bend their policy because you just want more codes from this giveaway. The entitlement in your post is ridiculous.

Facebook sucks. I wish GS would've used a different method of how you could get these codes.

/Complaining Rant

if GS really wanted ot stop this, they could just have you sign in with xbox live. But other than that my body is ready. Is it gonna be at 3pm EST? last time it was like 1:25pm EST 

ah nvm its only a 1 hour difference... i'm tired lol

if GS really wanted ot stop this, they could just have you sign in with xbox live. But other than that my body is ready. Is it gonna be at 3pm EST? last time it was like 1:25pm EST

ah nvm its only a 1 hour difference... i'm tired lol
It's going to be @ 1pm est.

bread's done
Back