[DEAD] GameStop Treasure Hunt Thursdays Challenge - Free $5 Xbox credit

Looks like I got late to the party this week. Wanted to get at least two codes to trade in for PSN credit. Last week I got one code myself and asked two friends who do not have an Xbox to help me get codes for me too. I was busy this morning so didn't have time to plan for this day's codes. 

well im not sure what facebooks method was to lock some of my fake facebook accounts or not.....but half got locked the other half didn't.

oddly my 2 legit facebooks got a code that had already been used so had it not been for 5 fake accounts that didn't get locked I would have been screwed.

yep I don't feel bad for trying to game the system.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like I got late to the party this week. Wanted to get at least two codes to trade in for PSN credit. Last week I got one code myself and asked two friends who do not have an Xbox to help me get codes for me too. I was busy this morning so didn't have time to plan for this day's codes.
You still have another week to prepare and flourish

Have any of the people who got tons of codes been banned? I remember a troll last week posting that he did, but haven't heard any other people that got a bunch say it

I had $43,000 worth of codes this week, but due to the already redeemed error I ended up with $12 in codes at the end.

Glad it came back up, managed to get 6 codes legitimately. Had my wife, dad, etc... use their facebooks to get codes. Excellent!

With all of the people bragging or complaing that their other multiple accounts don't work on CAG as well as on the actual twitter and facebook page of Gamestop I highyl doubt we will see another free credit promo like this again. Some are bragging about getting 10-20 codes which is crazy.

still many folks reporting problems on Tweeter, when I check my codes they seem to fine.
yeah. have to check my newest codes. but tested around 10 and they are working. i dont want to redeem them but i am not sure if someone else got those codes too. so they might be working now but i do not know if they gonna work in near future.

With all of the people bragging or complaing that their other multiple accounts don't work on CAG as well as on the actual twitter and facebook page of Gamestop I highyl doubt we will see another free credit promo like this again. Some are bragging about getting 10-20 codes which is crazy.
you must be new here, read the previous pages. Some report 200-400 just from one promo, now that is somewhat crazy if not outrageous.

It's dead for good now. I think the reason it died quick earlier is because they noticed they were giving out used codes. Don't think anyone has gotten a used code from when they put it back up.

It's dead for good now. I think the reason it died quick earlier is because they noticed they were giving out used codes. Don't think anyone has gotten a used code from when they put it back up.
I think it was just an overload...

People were way more aware than last week

you must be new here, read the previous pages. Some report 200-400 just from one promo, now that is somewhat crazy if not outrageous.
Why would that make me new? I've been here awhile.. I'm asking because it's not that hard to tell if someone added $100+ to their account on one day in $5 increments and it may seem weird to Microsoft.

your reason is indeed valid: used codes. That could be one of the explanation why so many ppl have problems with their codes.

The two QR codes I screen shot only leads to a website saying "you claimed the reward" or whatever but it doesn't add it to the Microsoft profile when using the Kinect. Those are a waste right?

Why would that make me new? I've been here awhile.. I'm asking because it's not that hard to tell if someone added $100+ to their account on one day in $5 increments and it may seem weird to Microsoft.
We had this discussion before, ....and I bat peeps claimed even more that 100 in one day and so far so good. No serious problem reports.

2 of my codes were used....so far

It looks like all the used codes were from before it went down initially, after 10-15 minutes from when it started it.

My voucher came without a redemption code AND my QR wont scan. I clicked the QR by mistake and now it's sayng the voucher was redeemed. Anyone else feeling my pain too?

[quote name="Hatty Hattington" post="11891333" timestamp="1404394892"]I've seen you complain about Facebook twice now. If you don't like it
A) do something about it
B) stop talking[/quote]Oh, sorry for complaining. I'll stop talking, I mean, typing now.

Got a few codes. The first one I got before the fake expiration didn't work and I had like 1 or 2 more that were duds. But hey its free

I got a few, but most were 'already redeemed.'

They actually posted the treasure hunt box on the XBOX One page before 1pm and it said 'the offer you tried to access hasn't started yet.'  Might be useful info for next week (would've posted sooner, but forgot password to this site and then 1pm hit).

Nice!  Gamestop just DM'ed me on twitter with a fresh code.  It's not the two I lost out on, but kudos to them for working to fix it.

Did you guys get one by tweeting to them? Because there was no option for me to dm as they don't follow back

bread's done
Back