[Dead] GoHastings Buy 2 Used, Get 3rd for $1 is Back!

Kylearan

CAGiversary!
Feedback
20 (100%)
Dangerous times ahead - GoHastings' Mix & Match Used Sale just went live.

Buy 2 Used Books, CDs, DVDs & Games, Get the 3rd for $1

Promo Code is MM123

Excludes Blu-Ray, Previously Viewed Movies, Previously Viewed Games & Game Accessories. $1 item of equal or lesser value.

Standard shipping is $2.28 per item - this includes your $1 game.

Codes are NOT stackable. One code per transaction.

As noted about, Previously Viewed titles do not qualify for this offer.

Though experiences vary, most titles come complete. Some even arrive new, with DLC codes intact. Be sure to read the item description.

If any of your B2 items is canceled - which does happen - you will still get your $1 item for $1. If your $1 item is canceled, you will need to call GoHastings customer service for positive resolution.

RE: Customer Service: do not bother emailing GoHastings.com - they will just direct you to call the CSR.

Last edited by a moderator:
Does gohastings games usually come in original cases? I want to order a few older games (Gears of War 1 and 2, maybe MGS4) but I don't want the platinum hits or greatest hits versions.

I don't know if it would be luck or not or if there's a good chance of getting the original version.

g45822pg4xy.jpg

Call of Duty: Black Ops

Activision, Inc.
Used - Wii
Discount: One for $1.00
Usually Ships Within 48 Hours.

In Progress $44.99
$1.00 1 $1.00
g46547y0wmq.jpg

Killzone 3

Sony Computer Entertainment America, Inc.
Used - PlayStation 3
Out of Stock.

Canceled $53.99 0 $70.78 ... 1$ still go on?

[quote name='onyzukae']
g45822pg4xy.jpg

Call of Duty: Black Ops

Activision, Inc.
Used - Wii
Discount: One for $1.00
Usually Ships Within 48 Hours.

In Progress $44.99
$1.00 1 $1.00
g46547y0wmq.jpg

Killzone 3

Sony Computer Entertainment America, Inc.
Used - PlayStation 3
Out of Stock.

Canceled $53.99 0 $70.78 ... 1$ still go on?[/QUOTE]

Usually, yes. It's a little silly, but they do count the lowest-priced game as $1, so if you get something else canceled, it's essentially B1G1$1.

As for me, I was unlucky enough to get 2 games canceled...but I made sure that the $1 game was least likely to get canceled. Hence, if it the order actually goes through, it's essentially buy 1 game for a $1 (well, technically $3.28).

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Don't bother to try understanding some folks reasons for stuff being a dealbreaker. Even though it's been explained innumerable times that GH ships from individual stores and that's the reason behind the individual shipping charges for each game, people still want the company to lose money to ship stuff to them.:whistle2:#

As for the tax thing, it might be a law that someone's individual state may have passed requiring ALL internet sites to charge sales tax, regardless of if they have a physical presence in the state or not. It's up to the consumer to be informed on such things, though they always fault the store/site for not informing them.[/QUOTE]

Since you typed "some folks" as opposed to referring to me, I'll go ahead and assume you weren't including me in your opinion of "some folks" thought process, considering those opinions weren't mine.

As far as the deal goes, we have an 8.75 percent tax rate here in Austin, and the shipping pushed it just a liitle over what I was wanting to spend. I'm going to gamble on the idea that within 1 to 2 months, amazon will have all 3 of them at 39.99 each or less as part of a sale or DOTD. And I'm not sure if THQ or EA went with that online pass BS this time around, but getting them new will eliminate that issue.

[quote name='DesertLeo']Mortal Kombat PS3/360:

59.99 new
62.29 USED

stay classy, gohastings.[/QUOTE]

Whatever pricing algorithm goHastings uses sometimes leads to non-sensical prices. Case in point: Call of Duty: Black Ops Hardened Edition for $180. Other examples:

My Horse and Me: Riding for gold (Wii) - $67.40
Pokemon Ranger (DS) - $94.95
Dynasty Warriors 3 Xtreme Legends (PS2) - $68.31

[quote name='tossin']As for me, I was unlucky enough to get 2 games canceled...but I made sure that the $1 game was least likely to get canceled. Hence, if it the order actually goes through, it's essentially buy 1 game for a $1 (well, technically $3.28).[/QUOTE]

Yup, this is the way to go - if you can tailor your order to put the 'least likely to be canceled item' as your $1 item, do it that way.

Inadvertently got Fallout: New Vegas for $1 during a sale last year this way, though I actually thought it was likely to be canceled - so it's doesn't always work the way you think!

Honestly, they should keep a backlog of orders for at least a week instead of canceling them outright, and give us the option to keep our order on hold and in queue. This whole 'instant cancelation' thing isn't very good business. At the very least, they should allow us to fill in gaps in our orders, so if the $1 item gets zapped, we should be able to add one on the phone.

[quote name='ppunk0']Learned my lesson the last time they ran this promotion. I ordered 3 games with 1 getting cancelled almost immediately. I contacted support and they said it was too late to cancel and I would have to ship the 2 games back with a prepaid shipping label. I shipped them back over a month ago and goHastings says they have no record of my return, so it looks like I threw $40 out. [/QUOTE]

Complain some more, file a BBB complaint. If you're loud enough eventually they'll give in and make it right for you. Giving up is what they want you to do.

Gah, both my full price games have shipped, but not the $1 game, so I'm getting nervous. At least the $1 game isn't showing OOS on the website, so I'm hopeful it will ship at some point.

[quote name='kodave']Gah, both my full price games have shipped, but not the $1 game, so I'm getting nervous. At least the $1 game isn't showing OOS on the website, so I'm hopeful it will ship at some point.[/QUOTE]

Does it show "In Progress" on the Order History? Should be OK if it does, but no guarantee.

As for sale duration, no idea - was never announced.

ordered
2 of killzone 3 35.xx each
3rd black ops $1

canceled 2 of killzone 3

shipped black ops

wth..? r they gonna charge only 1+shipping cost?

my visa card show up 78.xx - in progress...

[quote name='onyzukae']ordered
3rd black ops $1

canceled 2 of killzone 3

shipped black ops

my visa card show up 78.xx - in progress...[/QUOTE]

i think they will take your $78 until you call them, they will probably tell you to send the $1 game back to them in order to get your refund

[quote name='VaultDweller']i think they will take your $78 until you call them, they will probably tell you to send the $1 game back to them in order to get your refund[/QUOTE]

i need to get rid of stress..........

stupit gh ... WHY NOT JUST CANCELED THEM ALL..

[quote name='VaultDweller']i think they will take your $78 until you call them, they will probably tell you to send the $1 game back to them in order to get your refund[/QUOTE]

Um...that's why it's called in progress.

They will only charge you $1 + $2.28 shipping once the charge goes through.

Don't complain, you just got Black Ops for $3.28!

[quote name='onyzukae']ordered
3rd black ops $1

canceled 2 of killzone 3

shipped black ops

my visa card show up 78.xx - in progress...[/QUOTE]

The 78.xx charge is an automatic "hold" placed on your card immediately upon placing your order.

My guess? In the end, you'll get charged $1 + shipping (+ tax, if applicable), and end up with Black Ops for about $3.28 total.

Has happened before. I got Fallout: New Vegas for $3.28 last year when the other two items were canceled.

It's really a result of GoHastings' fragmented shipping and order system. Because they ship from separate stores, whichever store winds up with your Black Ops order may not even know about the other canceled titles. (I have no way of knowing this, but an organized inventory and shipping system don't seem to be strong suits of GoHastings.)

So, good luck on joining the $3.28 Club!

When they had the last buy 2 get 1 for $1 deal I was able to pick up Red Dead Redemption: Undead Nightmare, Raiden IV and Alan Wake all for $45. Up until then I ordered about 50+ DVDs from them. Most of them come in excellent condition, but they only come in these snug bubble wrap envelopes, which do not protect the cases. None of my previous DVDs were ever broken or had their cases broken. However, when I got my Alan Wake, the entire side of the case was crushed and when I opened the bubble pouch, all the pieces fell out. The game was in excellent condition and so was the manual and insert, but the case was just smashed. The Red Dead case was also in pieces, but for the price, you can't go wrong. I just swapped out the cases and upon completion, sold them to GS. Was able to get all my money back due to a promotion.

Most of the DVDs and games sold by Hastings are in excellent condition, it's just that the bubble mailers don't protect it from being smashing while in transit.

GoHastings must have a vindictive mailman/postal sorting facility near them or the workers there must punt the damn packages for there to be so many reports of damaged/destroyed cases.

Even when sending games out in snug mailers I've typically had them arrive in one piece and like I sent them.

Hell. I squished 4-5 games into a flat rate Priority envelope to ship out to IL to SecondSpin for trade-in the one time and those still arrived in great shape.

So it must be some asshole employee of the PO at their end doing so much damage to these cases.

Now watch, because I said my shit always arrives at it's destination in one piece my next shipment of whatever will get absolutely trashed.:roll:

shipping kills this on cheap games...only worth it for new expensive games. 28 dollars used for tactics ogre for PSP sounds great but plus tax and shipping, might as well just wait for price drop

So on the website the staus of my order is "Shipped via standard shipping" but I've had not shipping confirmation emails.

I've had shipping emails with all my other orders, should I be worried ?

[quote name='FlyingMonkey9']shipping kills this on cheap games...only worth it for new expensive games. 28 dollars used for tactics ogre for PSP sounds great but plus tax and shipping, might as well just wait for price drop[/QUOTE]

It's so ridiculous when people say this. No, it doesn't kill the deal. What it does is basically gives you free shipping on a few $8-$10 games that are already much lower than you'd get them for at gamestop used anyway.

ordered RDR, Skate 3, and season five of DBZ on sunday. all three of them arrived in today's mail.

every one is in near perfect condition, no marks on any of the cases, all booklets included, the dvds even have their extra sleeve cover thing on them.

heres a picture of RDR, the map was even included!

rdrhasting.png

[quote name='JaylisJayP']It's so ridiculous when people say this. No, it doesn't kill the deal. What it does is basically gives you free shipping on a few $8-$10 games that are already much lower than you'd get them for at gamestop used anyway.[/QUOTE]
:applause:

changed my mind, didn't realize they dont tax to NY. That makes up for shipping:

For 56 shipped I got:

Tactics Ogre: Let us Cling Together
Monster Hunter Tri (Wii)
MGS: Portable Ops

Anyone know how long it takes to process returns? I sent back two damaged games last week that should have been there by now(return service provides no tracking, but postal estimate was saturday/monday). Kind of want my $45 back already.

[quote name='edson13']Anyone know how long it takes to process returns? I sent back two damaged games last week that should have been there by now(return service provides no tracking, but postal estimate was saturday/monday). Kind of want my $45 back already.[/QUOTE]

your better off just buyin the same game on gamestop and swap the discs

Finally pulled the trigger after pondering about 9 games...ended up with these on PS3.

Lord of the Rings Conquest
Wanted Weapons of Fate
Saboteur

$32 dlvd....can't imagine any of these getting canceled, either.

All 6 of my games shipped.

I wish I knew how to play the system better. I would try to get $1 games consistently. I think with some thought, this is probably fairly easy to do.

Got all three games today (Dead Space 2, Portal 2, and Black Ops) and all of them are in "like new" condition if you ask me. I am definitely satisfied after being a little wary thanks to some comments in this thread.

[quote name='SkankButta']All 6 of my games shipped.

I wish I knew how to play the system better. I would try to get $1 games consistently. I think with some thought, this is probably fairly easy to do.[/QUOTE]

What do you mean?

When the MM123 code is valid, you maximize your money spent by ordering three games at the same price or as close to the same price as possible. Obviously the more expensive the games, the greater the savings per game.

[quote name='onyzukae']black ops -PS3
The amount of
$3.28
has been charged to your preferred method of payment.
= )[/QUOTE]

And here you were worried. Have faith, grasshopper!

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
Heavy Rain
Super Street Fighter IV

got all these for $45, not bad, I hope they dont cancel COD MW2, thats the $1 game

[quote name='kodave']What do you mean?

When the MM123 code is valid, you maximize your money spent by ordering three games at the same price or as close to the same price as possible. Obviously the more expensive the games, the greater the savings per game.[/QUOTE]

He means "try to figure out which game will be canceled, order one or two of those as your B2 games, and get the third for $1 + shipping/tax."

It's a definite gamble and would certainly force GoHastings, over time, into changing their system (which they should do, anyway, without having to be exploited to force the issue).

The gamble, of course, is if you expect a game to be canceled and it isn't - so long as you're prepared to pay for the entire thing if your gamble doesn't work, or to have to deal with sending back two games you bought because the $1 game is the one canceled. It's a weakness in GoHastings' system that, thus far, we've accidentally, sometimes had the advantage of. His consideration is trying to game the system, which could work, and could fail. No way to know.

Frankly, I just wish GH would change the way it cancels orders. If a game isn't in stock as part of the B2G$1 order, they keep the order in the system until it's fulfilled. Simple and not exploitable. If you cancel one of your B2s, then you get hit the price of the $1 game at the time the order was placed.

There is a way to game the $1 thing. Use a wishlist and you'll figure it out. Their site is coded horribly and they have many glitches on there.

[quote name='V3rtigo']There is a way to game the $1 thing. Use a wishlist and you'll figure it out. Their site is coded horribly and they have many glitches on there.[/QUOTE]
V3rtigo should be banned for even suggesting this. The people only get more pitiful...so pathetic.

I'm reporting the post now.

[quote name='ImStillNumber1']V3rtigo should be banned for even suggesting this. The people only get more pitiful...so pathetic.

I'm reporting the post now.[/QUOTE]

Make sure you go round and check each thread for people abusing deals, you have a lot of spare time on your hands right ? :roll:

[quote name='ImStillNumber1']V3rtigo should be banned for even suggesting this. The people only get more pitiful...so pathetic.

If it forces goHastings to update their system...

The "exploitation" isn't reliable. There is no way you can fully predict a game will be canceled. I'd rather have something more reliable than rare chance to get a game for $3.28.

Couldn't even post with your real ID? GH employee I'm guessing? At least have have the balls to post with your actual account not just one that you made today.

1. I didn't suggest it, someone else did.
2. I never mentioned how to do it.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='hwmusic']Buy 2 Used, Get 3rd for $1, and be out some money when you ship them all back because they look like they went through a wood chipper![/QUOTE]

I've bought 9 or 12 games form GoHastings (I always buy in 3s thanks to these nice deals!) and for all but 1 or 2 the discs have been in perfect condition, and all but one of the cases have been in great condition.

YMMV, sure, but overall their stuff is in good shape, and all of my games from them have worked perfectly.

[quote name='Kylearan']He means "try to figure out which game will be canceled, order one or two of those as your B2 games, and get the third for $1 + shipping/tax."

It's a definite gamble and would certainly force GoHastings, over time, into changing their system (which they should do, anyway, without having to be exploited to force the issue).[/QUOTE]

Basically it means that people like him are going to screw it up for all of us.

Just be careful with anything that has a peripheral with it. The one bad experience I've had with GH was when I ordered the "You're in the Movies" bundle (yes, it was listed as a bundle, separate from the game-only version!) and they only sent me the game, and because it was the $1 game, that's all they'd give me back for it if I paid the shipping to return it.

It's what's stopping me from trying out DJ hero now (the bundle is listed as quite cheap for that...but it's probably not really the bundle).

[quote name='benjamouth']Make sure you go round and check each thread for people abusing deals, you have a lot of spare time on your hands right ? :roll:[/QUOTE]

i actually sort of agree with his post though. gohastings is a great site for used games. i'm not for killing the golden goose.

WE ARE NOT SLICK DEALS people. There's a reason CAG deals die the second it hits those festering monsters who try and weasel their way into abusing deals to resell on ebay.

If you think its ok to be scheming on here for something like this, you're dead wrong. Its one thing to return and rebuy if somethings out of stock, but to screw up a surprisingly good and consistent place to get used deals so you can get ONE game for cheap is moronic

[quote name='Skydude']Just be careful with anything that has a peripheral with it. The one bad experience I've had with GH was when I ordered the "You're in the Movies" bundle (yes, it was listed as a bundle, separate from the game-only version!) and they only sent me the game, and because it was the $1 game, that's all they'd give me back for it if I paid the shipping to return it.

It's what's stopping me from trying out DJ hero now (the bundle is listed as quite cheap for that...but it's probably not really the bundle).[/QUOTE]

I recently bought Guitar Hero Warriors of Rock PS3 with guitar from them and the guitar usb dongle broke after 5 minutes. They paid to have it return shipped to them and credited me what I paid back on my card...plus they said they would offer me 30% off my next game since this was during their 30% off sale.

I know everyone has different experiences but I've never ever had an issue with hastings or their customer service.

[quote name='Skydude']Just be careful with anything that has a peripheral with it. The one bad experience I've had with GH was when I ordered the "You're in the Movies" bundle (yes, it was listed as a bundle, separate from the game-only version!) and they only sent me the game, and because it was the $1 game, that's all they'd give me back for it if I paid the shipping to return it.

It's what's stopping me from trying out DJ hero now (the bundle is listed as quite cheap for that...but it's probably not really the bundle).[/QUOTE]
Define really cheap for the DJ Hero bundle, as I believe several stores have the original bundle for $20 now.;)

If you can find it at Sears, it may be as low as $10 or under too.

bread's done
Back