(DEAD) GoHastings: PS3 Only - Catherine $11.99 NEW (Free Shipping)

cheapest catherine has been for a long time.  I think it was $10 way before but hasn't hit that price in awhile now

Yep, missed it.  Well, that's what I get for sleeping.

This is just making it increasingly hard to see that used copy for 15 sitting in the video shop every time I go it.

I always miss when this game gets put on sale because I went to sleep early. It has to be a sign that I don't need the game in my backlog.

Well, it's a moot point now and it may be common knowledge, but in case anyone hadn't heard - Hastings is " gutting" new games these days. I ordered a "new" clearanced Risen 2 and it came opened, with a note explaining the new policy. I don't really care, but it's something to be aware of.

Well, it's a moot point now and it may be common knowledge, but in case anyone hadn't heard - Hastings is " gutting" new games these days. I ordered a "new" clearanced Risen 2 and it came opened, with a note explaining the new policy. I don't really care, but it's something to be aware of.
Bleh, seriously? :/

Must be a pretty recent development. When I got Anarchy Reigns from them not that long ago it was still sealed.

Do you have a web link for reference? On GoHastings site do they have that somewhere hidden?

Do you have a web link for reference? On GoHastings site do they have that somewhere hidden?
No, I don't think they mention it online, but I saw a few people discussing it in the main gohastings thread and then my copy came gutted. I don't think it's all new games, but it's probably more likely with clearance games because you will be getting one of the last ones from a store.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think it's on their main website but they've commented about it on their official Facebook page. They say they are basically doing the GameStop model of gutting games because people like to handle the boxes in-store and this way they don't have to invest in ridiculous security devices to keep the discs in the box. (I don't personally agree with this method, this is just what they said.) When they send you the game, they seal it in their own baggie that acts like the security stickers normally would.

My order just shipped, suppose to come in Saturday. If this thread is still around, I'll let you guys know if it's sealed or not.

As long as there's no stickers all over the game itself it'd be fine.

I fear it won't be the case though :whistle2:(
The game I got didn't come with any stickers on it, just a note slipped in the front that says:

"Dear valued goHastings Customer

The game that you have purchased is Brand New.

In our retail locations, we remove the original packaging so that we can securely display the box. This box has been repackaged with all of the original contents.

Thank you for shopping with us, we look forward to serving you in the future! *100% Product Guarantee.* if you have any questions, contact Customer Service at (877) 427-8464."

So, hopefully they aren't putting stickers on any of them.

I just received the game today and can confirm that the game is sealed.  Surprisingly, the Catherine sound disc and art book was included with the game. :D

Ugh, I keep holding off because this has to be coming to NA PS+ eventually.
Don't hold your breath for a NA PS+ freebie. Many EU PS+ freebies don't show up in NA, like Dead or Alive 5, Motor Storm, etc... The NA market has far less appreciation for these games and Catherine is one of them.

I just received the game today and can confirm that the game is sealed. Surprisingly, the Catherine sound disc and art book was included with the game. :D
Yeah same here, I wasn't expecting to still get the bonuses that came with the game.

Thanks again OP!

One can never have enough sadomasochistic eroge.

(unless you're in a relationship/good at talking to your preferred sex)

bread's done
Back