[DEAD] Half Life 2 29.99 at Newegg

That's definitely a good price... I got mine for $35 from BB already but anyone who hasn't picked it up, do so now! Best game of 2004 IMHO.

quick question, since Valve is so paranoid about piracy, would I have any problems if I bought this since it is the import version?

Just want to make sure before I pull the trigger

just before i was about to get on this deal, i didn't notice about it being the import version of hl2. thanks for the heads up, casey!

i never even heard of a half life 2 import before. it sounds fake.

[quote name='guerrila_gamer']just before i was about to get on this deal, i didn't notice about it being the import version of hl2. thanks for the heads up, casey!

i never even heard of a half life 2 import before. it sounds fake.[/quote]

a lot of companies get import PC games because they are cheaper (gogamer.com does this a lot).

I just want to make sure that my CD key will be ok, and that I will be able to play counter strike: source

i've looked for some info about this version and what I found sounds alot like what you just said:

http://forums.anandtech.com/messageview.aspx?catid=40&threadid=1450006&STARTPAGE=2&enterthread=y

"IMO you don't have anything to worry about with this being the import version. I have bought many games from gogamer that were the international version A.K.A. Import....whatever. The box may be slightly different than the official US version artwork wise and the product key may be located in a different location. i.e. the Doom III import had the cd key on the manual instead of of the back of the jewel case on the insert, at least that's how my friends Doom III was. The game is exactly the same so no need to worry! "

"GoGamer is a little shady on this, but here is how they do it. They are able to get lower prices because they buy the Canadian or European (English) version of the game. That's all it is. It is legal and all, it is just game costs less in other countries than the USA."

Looks like I'll be ordering it now. Thanks CAG! =)

[quote name='guerrila_gamer']i've looked for some info about this version and what I found sounds alot like what you just said:

http://forums.anandtech.com/messageview.aspx?catid=40&threadid=1450006&STARTPAGE=2&enterthread=y

"IMO you don't have anything to worry about with this being the import version. I have bought many games from gogamer that were the international version A.K.A. Import....whatever. The box may be slightly different than the official US version artwork wise and the product key may be located in a different location. i.e. the Doom III import had the cd key on the manual instead of of the back of the jewel case on the insert, at least that's how my friends Doom III was. The game is exactly the same so no need to worry! "

"GoGamer is a little shady on this, but here is how they do it. They are able to get lower prices because they buy the Canadian or European (English) version of the game. That's all it is. It is legal and all, it is just game costs less in other countries than the USA."

Looks like I'll be ordering it now. Thanks CAG! =)[/quote]

yea sounds like I will be ordering as well. thanks for the deal OP, plan on getting it when my mom comes home (seeing as I may be able to con it out of her as a late christmas present)

I probably would order it, if not for the fact that I absolutely loathe the idea of Steam and don't want to support Valve by buying their game.

It sounds fun, but forcing people to use Steam is horrible.

damn! i so regret missing it...but i hope other etailers start offering the same kinds of deals. one things for sure - i'm not buying hl2 for anything more han 35 bucks now!

bread's done
Back