DEAD - How to order 'backordered' items from Gamestop.com - updated 4/6/08

Ok, well if anybody hasn't noticed, GS.com is working again. HOWEVER, I think they may have fixed the glitch. Items are no longer "backordered". They're simply "not for sale". I tried to get the trick to work with Stubbs the Zombie, but it tells me the page can't be found. Damn, seems like I got to the party a little too late.

It seems that the old method is now dead. The new gamestop.com uses a JavaScript method to add items to the cart, and I'm not sure how to rip a new add-to-cart URL or if its even possible. Anyone have any expertise in this?

I wonder if you called the 800 number if they would help you place an order for the items you wanted? It will be interested to see if any of our backordered things are actually fulfilled.

[quote name='davyd']It seems that the old method is now dead. The new gamestop.com uses a JavaScript method to add items to the cart, and I'm not sure how to rip a new add-to-cart URL or if its even possible. Anyone have any expertise in this?[/quote]

This is where I'm stuck too. To me, it almost seems blatantly intentional though, especially since the wording was changed from "backordered" to "not for sale". It's not like the warehouse will be acquiring used copies of old games, and I'm sure it's a hassle to pull them from individual stores. I really hope we can find a way around this though.

I wonder how many people from here placed backorders, mine is still in the verifying stage, although the order hasn't been up for very long and my order still shows up on the website. It does seem intentional that they changed the site right after we figured out how to backorder stuff. I really don't care if it takes them 6 months to fill my backorder because I am willing to wait.

[quote name='SaraAB']I wonder how many people from here placed backorders, mine is still in the verifying stage, although the order hasn't been up for very long and my order still shows up on the website. It does seem intentional that they changed the site right after we figured out how to backorder stuff. I really don't care if it takes them 6 months to fill my backorder because I am willing to wait.[/QUOTE]

I had one from before the site was redone... it just says backordered.:whistle2:|

crap... i thought i could wait for the edge discount... but again... no... should have placed my order before the site when online.

Has anyone received any of their recently placed backordered orders? Also, has anybody found any other way to order backordered items? Or is this for sure dead? Just trying to figure out an update on the situation.

My order is still on the website as backordered, the website said it would take 6-8 weeks or maybe longer to fill the order so prepare to WAIT a long time. I wonder if they will even bother to fill these orders?

[quote name='SaraAB']My order is still on the website as backordered, the website said it would take 6-8 weeks or maybe longer to fill the order so prepare to WAIT a long time. I wonder if they will even bother to fill these orders?[/QUOTE]

They will as (and if, depending on what you ordered) get them in. From what I've been by an EB employee I've become buddies with, they call out for games from their B&M stores and if the B&M store has any copies in stock they send them in to the warehouse. And from there, they fill still standing back orders, and whatever they have left is sold online.

There are stores near me that have the items in stock that I ordered, ok except for maybe my 2$ gameboy printer and 1$ gameboy game genie which I really don't expect to get, I just have to hope the items work when I get them, if not I can take them back to the store but then I have lost my items for cheap. I don't care if it takes 6 months to get these items I will wait.

My order is still on the website as backordered, the website said it would take 6-8 weeks or maybe longer to fill the order so prepare to WAIT a long time. I wonder if they will even bother to fill these orders?

[quote name='SaraAB']My order is still on the website as backordered, the website said it would take 6-8 weeks or maybe longer to fill the order so prepare to WAIT a long time. I wonder if they will even bother to fill these orders?[/QUOTE]

They will as (and if, depending on what you ordered) get them in. From what I've been by an EB employee I've become buddies with, they call out for games from their B&M stores and if the B&M store has any copies in stock they send them in to the warehouse. And from there, they fill still standing back orders, and whatever they have left is sold online.

There are stores near me that have the items in stock that I ordered, ok except for maybe my 2$ gameboy printer and 1$ gameboy game genie which I really don't expect to get, I just have to hope the items work when I get them, if not I can take them back to the store but then I have lost my items for cheap. I don't care if it takes 6 months to get these items I will wait.

I know this is dead as Gamestop.com overhauled their site but has anybody received their backordered items yet? Still waiting for a DVD I ordered and it's been 2 months. I don't mind if it comes or not though (if it comes, it's good and if not, oh well - it wasn't charged).

Didn't get mine, either. I will leave the order on there, though, just because I can't pass up the slim potential for a $3 copy of The Document of Metal Gear Solid 2.

bread's done
Back