[dead] HP IPOD $69.50 Clearance at Staples (YMMV)

jcp4322

CAGiversary!
I work at staples and just to let everyone know they have dropped the price on the 40gig HP Ipod to 69.50. This is a clearence item and is extremely YMMV, but I thought I'd let everyone know. This Ipod comes with the dock, ac adaptor and software.

I know nothing about Ipods, so I'm a bit in the dark here. Ipods are Apple, so would this be just HP's own Ipod knockoff, or is this a real licensed Ipod? And shouldn't it be like 200 bucks if it is?

[quote name='The Cheapest Ass Gamer']I know nothing about Ipods, so I'm a bit in the dark here. Ipods are Apple, so would this be just HP's own Ipod knockoff, or is this a real licensed Ipod? And shouldn't it be like 200 bucks if it is?[/QUOTE]

Its an iPod that is pre-configured to work with windows basically, where as the regular Apple iPods need to be formated for PC use

Yes they scan 69.50 at the store, I work in the cincinnati area and did a search for other stores and most stores only had 1 in stock, if any at all. we had 5 at our store and they sold very quickly. The one that is $300 online is only a 20 gig, it is the 40 gig that is on clearance. Again this is extremly YMMV as I only found two other stores in the district that had any.

At least you got through; I've been on hold with my Staples for 6 minutes.

Only to find out they don't carry iPods.

I just hit 2 NYC stores close to my office - no dice. They didn't even carry iPods but they said I could order them (the 20GB only).

[quote name='javeryh']I just hit 2 NYC stores close to my office - no dice. They didn't even carry iPods but they said I could order them (the 20GB only).[/QUOTE]Which ones...so I don't waste a trip ;)

weak... mine doesn't even carry them :(

I will be the first to request one from someone who lucks out if anyone! OP or ayone else who if fortunate enough to get one should PM me so we can work something out! I really need an Ipod for my sisters birthday

[quote name='CheapyD']Sweet...I'll hit up the ones further south on my lunch break.[/QUOTE]

Good luck! ... and if they have extras let me know - I'd love to get one ;)

Talked to 2 stores in Columbus Ohio. They are aware of the deal but NONE of them have it in stock.

If anybody finds one I want one if you can get one.

This price is seroiusly unreal, but unfortunately nobody seems to have it in stock. I've called 4 different stores in my area and everyone I talk to keeps telling me that they are not available in store. Bummer.

[quote name='CheapyD']Which ones...so I don't waste a trip ;)[/QUOTE]

Just got back from the East 34th St. store in NYC. Had the fellow do a district wide (City-wide) look up, and there are no 40s or 20s in any store.

Apparently the 20giger is only $209 in stores if you can find that - still a good deal.

He gave me the same info - can only be ordered online, and you can only order the 20gig for $299.

Sucks... sorry Cheapy.

[quote name='jcp4322']Yes they scan 69.50 at the store, I work in the cincinnati area and did a search for other stores and most stores only had 1 in stock, if any at all. we had 5 at our store and they sold very quickly. The one that is $300 online is only a 20 gig, it is the 40 gig that is on clearance. Again this is extremly YMMV as I only found two other stores in the district that had any.[/QUOTE]

Ooohh, Cincinnati area. Mind letting me know what stores still have them in stock for this price? It would be much appreciated.

i just called the staples by me in old bridge,nj, only to find out they dont sell them in store...humm funny. i used to work there..and they had them once, so i talked to the manager who remembers me and likes me alot still, wants me to go back there big time cause their computer dept is major suckage now...flukin csr lied to me..just got him ritten up..HAHAH. and i have a 40 gig waitin for me

[quote name='Day1221']i just called the staples by me in old bridge,nj, only to find out they dont sell them in store...humm funny. i used to work there..and they had them once, so i talked to the manager who remembers me and likes me alot still, wants me to go back there big time cause their computer dept is major suckage now...flukin csr lied to me..just got him ritten up..HAHAH. and i have a 40 gig waitin for me[/QUOTE]
Do they have any more in stock? If so, pick them up. :D

So if your staples has it...the price isn't YMMV?

Edit: Just realized I already have a Zen Micro and that I don't need this. But can't hurt.

[quote name='suko_32']So if your staples has it...the price isn't YMMV?

Edit:Just realized I already have a Zen Micro and that I don't need this.[/QUOTE]
It looks like its $70 across the board, IF you can find it.

No luck around here either :cry:

just got someone to hold one in the mnrgs office for me
said retail is 400
if I come up with it tonight it could one of the best if not the best deal i have grabbed of CAG since dec 2003 and that is saying alot

If you find a store that still has them in stock, the employee that answers the phone is going to grab what's left before you get there. It's a futile effort.

sorry guys, mine had one left..going to my girl since i know she wants an mp3 player...i personally think they are worthless but hey, it'll definitly be a nice gift for her

I love the customer service at the stores around here (not to say all Staples employees are bad!). *picks up* "Staples, what do you want?"

geez, she must have been having a bad day or something...

On hold now

EDIT: None here. "We sell them online only bye."

Maybe her boyfriend broke up with her or something...

EDIT AGAIN: Looks like stores in the Seattle/Everett area either don't carry them or are out of stock. Same for the ones in the San Diego area and the ones in Oakland.

no luck in cinncinnati, all stores sold out. CSR clerk said he called stores all the way to CA and no one had them in stock.

bread's done
Back