[DEAD] Indigo Prophecy Deal at Gamestop.com

[quote name='Legolas813']::SIGH:: Remind me why I post here again.[/QUOTE]

Don't worry, Scorch is an ass to everyone who posts a deal that he doesn't like.

I've actually never heard of this game. Is it supposed to be good? Hopefully they do free overnight shipping for titles I'm interested in, because I'll be going to college soon and it'd be a pain to go to a store to get them....

Thanks, OP. I was going to buy this no matter what--and at full price because of the reviews so far and I want to support the publisher. Might as well get it the day after it comes out.

[quote name='Dead of Knight']Don't worry, Scorch is an ass to everyone who posts a deal that he doesn't like.

I've actually never heard of this game. Is it supposed to be good? Hopefully they do free overnight shipping for titles I'm interested in, because I'll be going to college soon and it'd be a pain to go to a store to get them....[/QUOTE]

the demo is really really cool. Its about this guy who gets posessed and kills someone. You get to see how this murder relates to people such asa detective covering the case and I think the killer's brother. The first time this game sees a price drop I will probably pick it up because I really liked the demo.

It kind of plays like a cross between shenmue and a point and click adventure

Hmm, quick shipping and no tax or switch over from my Zelda preorder at GameRush as I had previously planned?.... It's a good deal, I just wish I had more disposable money to maximize my savings. Funny how that works.... Ugh. When does this ship? Early September? I'll probably wind up biting on it. I loves me my adventure games.

^ Wow, another CAG from Orlando. I go to UCF.

I'm a big adventure gamer. Indigo Prophecy is not one in the traditional sense, but it still looks good.

I'm a big adventure gamer. Indigo Prophecy is not one in the traditional sense, but it still looks good.

I'm a big adventure gamer. Indigo Prophecy is not one in the traditional sense, but it still looks good. I believe it comes out September 20.

BTW, there is supposedly a demo of the game in the latest OXM.

[quote name='Legolas813']^ Wow, another CAG from Orlando. I go to UCF.

I'm a big adventure gamer. Indigo Prophecy is not one in the traditional sense, but it still looks good.[/QUOTE]
I go there, too. I'm a third-year DM, IIS major.

It's been really interesting to see how adventure games are evolving (or sometimes not evolving) from their last form as point & click PC games. Maybe I'm overlooking something major (I don't doubt I am), but I think the last solidly great non-traditional new-age adventure game was Eternal Darkness. (I will defend to the death how it is an adventure game and not survival-horror.)

[quote name='bostonfrontier']That ain't no good deal........... WTF.......... you could just go to the store and buy it the day it comes out at full price[/QUOTE]
Saving on tax and gas is a deal over picking it up in-store, although you could probably do a slight bit better using a GGC at Best Buy or smart trading with a preorder at GR (a store Orlando is certainly not lacking in locations). Getting a package in the mail might be worth the extra dollar or two to have it delivered to your door, though, if you don't want to be bothered.

Either way, nothing wrong with getting a little discount at the expense of the retailer for supporting a genre/publisher. A deal's a deal if the end price is lower than normal.

Looks like they decided to continued the deal for another two days.

[quote name='kojubat']Either way, nothing wrong with getting a little discount at the expense of the retailer for supporting a genre/publisher. A deal's a deal if the end price is lower than normal.[/QUOTE]

Exactly my purpose in posting this thread. I want to support Quantic Dreams and buy the game at full price, but I'm also a CAG and want to get some kind of a deal. Yes, I know about the GGC, but they aren't always easy to find anymore, and anyways I'd rather order my games online. Is that so wrong.

[quote name='kojubat']Saving on tax and gas is a deal over picking it up in-store, although you could probably do a slight bit better using a GGC at Best Buy or smart trading with a preorder at GR (a store Orlando is certainly not lacking in locations). Getting a package in the mail might be worth the extra dollar or two to have it delivered to your door, though, if you don't want to be bothered.

Either way, nothing wrong with getting a little discount at the expense of the retailer for supporting a genre/publisher. A deal's a deal if the end price is lower than normal.[/QUOTE]

dude, who buys games at full price anyways on thie site????

[quote name='bostonfrontier']dude, who buys games at full price anyways on thie site????[/QUOTE]
I'd pay full price to support a genre or publisher that I enjoy, if there aren't other deals to be had. Paying full price for an EA rehash is silly. Full price for a unique adventure game from Quantic Dreams isn't.

If Game X dies on release and only sells at a clearance sale, there is no incentive to make another one like it, and the just-barely-making-it publisher then has to make Generic Game Y to make ends meet if they don't outright fail as a business.

[quote name='bostonfrontier']dude, who buys games at full price anyways on thie site????[/QUOTE]Please stop posting in this thread, you aren't adding anything. Thanks.
That being said, I paid full price for Hulk last weekend and don't regret it all.

Glad to hear that there are other people out there who still appreciate a good adventure game. Is Eternal Darkness worth picking up over Shenmue? I haven't tried either, but I really enjoyed Still Live and hope to pick up a few more adventure games.

I got a feeling this game is gonna drop to $20 REALLY quick, though, especially on the PC and Xbox. Adventure games don't sell like they used to, ya know.

Haha, haha, haHA! Bostonfrontier FINALLY got yelled at. All he does is go into threads and crap in them anyway thinking he's a badass. Anyways, this game looked pretty cool but I might wait.

[quote name='aoLat']Haha, haha, haHA! Bostonfrontier FINALLY got yelled at. All he does is go into threads and crap in them anyway thinking he's a badass. Anyways, this game looked pretty cool but I might wait.[/QUOTE]

My reputation proceeds me

[quote name='punkprincess']Is Eternal Darkness worth picking up over Shenmue?[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I'd say so. Shenmue has plenty of tedious parts and lots of wandering. Eternal Darkness is a much more "funneled" (linear) game, but it has excellent pacing. Except for maybe three or four battles in the game, you are never in any real danger in combat (which is one of the primary reasons I hesitate to call it survival-horror). Here's a hint to help you out: don't even bother using guns except for the little Trapper creatures.

About the game price-dropping quickly, I agree completely. But I've been awaiting a good adventure game for a long time and think it would be better to show my support financially than to worry about my pocketbook, lest there be no more adventure games to buy with the money I would have saved.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']the demo is really really cool. Its about this guy who gets posessed and kills someone. You get to see how this murder relates to people such asa detective covering the case and I think the killer's brother. The first time this game sees a price drop I will probably pick it up because I really liked the demo.

It kind of plays like a cross between shenmue and a point and click adventure[/QUOTE]

I played the demo as well, this game looks great in all respects and I will order it through gamestop, thanks for the link OP.

Really wish I had the money for this right now, but I'll have to wait unfortunately. Not like my backlog isn't killing me right now anyway.

Was going to preorder TLJ2 also, but I guess it isn't coming out until next May now? :?

[quote name='EstoyLoco']Was going to preorder TLJ2 also, but I guess it isn't coming out until next May now? :whistle2:?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, Dreamfall was delayed until Spring 2006. The reasoning behind this was that they will be better able to sell it after the holiday rush of games has died down, as well as they will have had more time to polish up the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back