Dead Island $19.99 @ Gamestop

greg8920

CAGiversary!
Haven't seen any one else post about it. It went on sale today. Both 360 and PS3. Been waiting for this to drop to 20 for a while now. Picked it up this morning.

[quote name='Brother Daz']Is the community still active? And this didn't have a online pass right?[/QUOTE]

There's still quite a bit who play. I for one was able to find loads of others playing. Also f/r a few so I could play with them later on. And no it did not.

[quote name='Geco17']There's still quite a bit who play. I for one was able to find loads of others playing. Also f/r a few so I could play with them later on. And no it did not.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the quick relpy

Great, unique (though somewhat buggy/unpolished at times) game for anyone who hasn't played it. At least, at this price point. It was a lot of fun on release, but I understand they've patched it a bit since I've played.

I rented this a while back but only used one character. Are there any differences between the characters?

I just rented it from gamefly and a ton of people show up to jump in game with. I'm going to buy it, super fun, lots of credit at GS

I've tried to join some games, but I cannot seem to play an actual online multiplayer game. When I join, I see the other player, but then that person leaves or gets kicked off within a minute. Not sure if it is a connection issue, or perhaps the person just doesn't like me.

Am I doing something wrong?

Seems like a great deal by the way.

[quote name='silentevil']I rented this a while back but only used one character. Are there any differences between the characters?[/QUOTE]
A little bit in the character tree.
One specifies in sharp weapons so you'll have more bonuses with sharp weapons.
One specifies in blunt weapons and etc.

It's not really a big thing (for me) and what characters you choose doesn't really effect the game play story much either.

[quote name='Enuf']Seems to be the price that everybody was waiting for gotta give credit where credits due GS actually beat BB to the punch. Thought this would be a $20 game after @gamer coupon but hasn't happened yet...but then again BB could come along & it becomes a $5-$10 game LOL

OP here's the link
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-dead+island[/QUOTE]
Wasn't it like $5 at BB because of some checkout glitch with a Gamer Coupon back in March?

This game is pretty fun, but I'd recommend doing all the quests your first time through since the replay value is crap (same story for all characters, not much incentive for second playthrough).

You can do every quest in around 40 hours of play.

[quote name='iduncurr']Wasn't it like $5 at BB because of some checkout glitch with a Gamer Coupon back in March?[/QUOTE]used but the main Dead Island request has been $20 new. There's deals that would've netted it for $20ish used several times already.

Damn, just paid $34.XX! But at least I found the SE version and the guy swore the code still worked. And he was right ...

I pricematched Fry's $19.99 price last week and combined it with the Target B2G1F sale ... getting Dead Island for $13.

Thanks, OP. I will appreciate any additional feedback here about how active the online is on 360, because the drop-in co-op feature seems unique and the main reason to purchase now rather than wait.

[quote name='flix1']I pricematched Fry's $19.99 price last week and combined it with the Target B2G1F sale ... getting Dead Island for $13.[/QUOTE]

Awesome! Can everyone else post how they bought the game too?

Rented this and had a pretty great time, for those with GS credit it's worth it, other cheap arses like me will wait for $10 or less. Pissed I missed out on the BB deal...

[quote name='greg8920']Haven't seen any one else post about it. It went on sale today. Both 360 and PS3. Been waiting for this to drop to 20 for a while now. Picked it up this morning.[/QUOTE]

It didn't go on sale today, it went on sale on Monday lol

Thanks for sharing OP. I've been waiting on Dead Island for a while, not sure if $20 is my buying point, but maybe if I've got something to trade in.

[quote name='jiggyteddy']I've tried to join some games, but I cannot seem to play an actual online multiplayer game. When I join, I see the other player, but then that person leaves or gets kicked off within a minute. Not sure if it is a connection issue, or perhaps the person just doesn't like me.

Am I doing something wrong?

Seems like a great deal by the way.[/QUOTE]

I know for me, people were always joining my game when I didn't want them to, so I had to keep leaving before I figured out how to play privately. Probably offended a bunch of people.

[quote name='Namerson']It's not on a magazine is it? I want to pm to Bestbuy[/QUOTE]just show the clerk the price on your smartphone they'll confirm the price on their pc's & match it. They may call to confirm stock as well but usually only CS goes that far but since you'd be in line they usually just do it.

[quote name='gantt']Thanks, OP. I will appreciate any additional feedback here about how active the online is on 360, because the drop-in co-op feature seems unique and the main reason to purchase now rather than wait.[/QUOTE]

It let's you know and gives you the option to join someone who is around the same area/quest as you. The online is still vary active and finding someone shouldn't be hard. I ran through the campaign over the weekend with 3 randoms(2 with mics!). I started another campaign and was able to join others games. I bought the game for $5 used from BB and I gotta say it's well worth $20.

I'll pick it up from gamefly...cause if I go to GameStop it'll be the last copy already opened but sold as new.

I guess i'M going to be in on this deal. I bought Dead Island last week when BBY had it on sale of like $6 after the gamer mag coupon. I finally opened it today and NHL 12 for the 360 was inside the case. I'm not even going to try to take it back since I bet they would give me a hassle AND I've been wanting NHL 12 Anyway.

Couple of quick questions. Anyone played 360 & ps3 version? Which has a bigger community? Second, is TIV for Arkham City still $19? If so, I'll trade one of mine in and pay the extra.

got the game during release and it was so buggy. i would save after playing a bunch with friends, and the next day i would be 4 levels behind what it was. it would bring me back to previous save states over and over again. eventually wasted about 20 hours total with it and decided to sell it on ebay. i will never buy a game from this company again, even if the issues have been resolved, for that fact.

to anyone that doesnt have the issues occur, enjoy the game. it's not half bad.

[quote name='IanKazimer']Apparently the PS3 version was the most bugged of the three.[/QUOTE]

Thanks.

[quote name='Brother Daz']Is the community still active? And this didn't have a online pass right?[/QUOTE]

I hate it when those guys who use some kind of glitch, join your game, kills you, take all your money and leaves the match. What the fuck!?

This game was really, really good but you should take that with a grain of salt since I am a zombie genre fan. A lot of fun and a lot to explore. I would recommend it big time.

I"ll probably go to GS tomorrow and pick one up. It is part of their Spring Sale they are having so it should be available tomorrow, too

So tempting... Almost bought it at $30 so this is definitely a deal.

Pricematched this at BB. Anyone know what the patch did? When i started up it gave me some weird message about the patch enabling a new mode with co-op and that it was recomended...

It seemed like the new version has enemies scale with you in co-op somehow but the old version does not? If thats the case I will definitely play it the old way. I hate scaling enemies in games

Def a good buy at $20. Slightly OT: Any thoughts on the Ryder White DLC? Looking for a reason to play this game again for a bit.

[quote name='Kenshindono']Pricematched this at BB. Anyone know what the patch did? When i started up it gave me some weird message about the patch enabling a new mode with co-op and that it was recomended...

It seemed like the new version has enemies scale with you in co-op somehow but the old version does not? If thats the case I will definitely play it the old way. I hate scaling enemies in games[/QUOTE]
Before the patch, the enemies would be at the level of the person hosting the game, but after the patch, the enemies will be at YOUR level for you.

It was so boring to join a newbie's game and have the zombies die in one or two hits. It's much better now that the zombies are equally difficult for everyone.

[quote name='Tsel']Before the patch, the enemies would be at the level of the person hosting the game, but after the patch, the enemies will be at YOUR level for you.

It was so boring to join a newbie's game and have the zombies die in one or two hits. It's much better now that the zombies are equally difficult for everyone.[/QUOTE]
Didn't they also patch the kicking thing?
How kicking didn't effect stamina until they patched it and now it does?

Kicking was the go-to defense when you were running out of stamina :(

Strange. I was at gamestop today and it had a $29.99 sticker on it. Is it a sale where you need your powerup card?

bread's done
Back