Dead Island - A Trailer You MUST See!

I....I...just.....wow.

Not because of the involvement of a little girl, not because it doesn't show gameplay, I just....

This trailer hits you. There doesn't even have to be an actual game, series, tv show, movies, etc. behind it and it hits you. I feel for this.

Bravo.

~HotShotX

That was incredible. I need to play this to see what happens to that family. I feel like I'm already attached to them (unless this family is there just to establish the mood of the trailer and won't actually be in the game).

Agreed even if the game is complete shit. That trailer is the greatest piece I think I've ever seen.

depending on what their goal with the trailer was and/or what you want out of a trailer is what determines how good it was.

for me it was a shitty trailer, because i know nothing about the game other than it looks like a rip-off of left 4 dead.

[quote name='crystalklear64']depending on what their goal with the trailer was and/or what you want out of a trailer is what determines how good it was.

for me it was a shitty trailer, because i know nothing about the game other than it looks like a rip-off of left 4 dead.[/QUOTE]

The trailer conveyed a lot to me. It showed me there's an emphasis on the characters, not just the action or co-op ala L4D.

[quote name='crystalklear64']decent video. i can guarantee the game will be nothing like it.[/QUOTE]

How can you guarantee that?

I want a zombie survival game so I will definitely be looking to buy this. I've never even heard of this game before this trailer and now I'm super excited

[quote name='urmomlikesme']How can you guarantee that?

I want a zombie survival game so I will definitely be looking to buy this. I've never even heard of this game before this trailer and now I'm super excited[/QUOTE]
When has any mmorpg ever made you care about characters? Its just not possible with so many players. This game will not change that. You will not be fighting zombies in slow-mo with piano music gently playing as you rescue your daughter. You will be grouped with xXSephirothSlasher69420Xx grinding out zombie levels while he calls you a $$$$$$ for making a normal looking character.

And Ebert says games can't be/aren't art. That was awesome and highly cinematic. This game has definitely come up on my radar and I look to see more of what was shown in the trailer in the actual finished product.

[quote name='crystalklear64']When has any mmorpg ever made you care about characters? Its just not possible with so many players. This game will not change that. You will not be fighting zombies in slow-mo with piano music gently playing as you rescue your daughter. You will be grouped with xXSephirothSlasher69420Xx grinding out zombie levels while he calls you a $$$$$$ for making a normal looking character.[/QUOTE]

The game's not an MMO, dunno where you got that idea. RPG's have made me care about characters before.

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']And Ebert says games can't be/aren't art. That was awesome and highly cinematic. This game has definitely come up on my radar and I look to see more of what was shown in the trailer in the actual finished product.[/QUOTE]

To be fair, I'd hardly call a trailer for a game a game. I think he dislikes the interactive experience.

[quote name='Hydro2Oxide']The game's not an MMO, dunno where you got that idea. RPG's have made me care about characters before.[/QUOTE]
I dunno, that's the sort of info i should be able to get from a trailer. Since this didn't tell me anything I just picked a genre at random.

From the Article IGN has up, the game will be plays through the FPS perspective, with assorted RPG elements thrown in. All that's known on the RPG side is that the player can gain levels to increase traits and traverse a skill tree to learn new moves. It's also been mentioned that the game is being built for 4-player co-op, with drop-in/drop-out. Wikipedia mentions sandbox-style gameplay, but who knows when that was added/if it's currently accurate.

The trailer showed none of that. It was created purely for the purpose of generating buzz for the game, and it's assuredly succeeding in that purpose. I'm refraining from getting hyped until there's actual gameplay trailers.

[quote name='javeryh']Not sure I want to play a game where a father watches his little girl get killed. Thanks but no thanks.[/QUOTE]

You say that as if he stands there and just watches going "oh well".

The trailer is awesome. They really get a lot of emotions across. I will wait to see actual gameplay footage though before I decide whether I want the game or not though. Its looking pretty good though based on the trailer alone.

[quote name='javeryh']Not sure I want to play a game where a father watches his little girl get killed. Thanks but no thanks.[/QUOTE]

But will you watch a movie where that happens?

bread's done
Back