Dead Island: Riptide $14.99 New (PS3, 360) @ GameStop

This was a good follow up to the first one however on the 360 --->  make sure you copy ur save file to a USB drive frequently because it is known to glitch and corrupt ur save file.   Happened to me and I had to replay the whole game from the start

It's really the same.
Expected. Got the 1st one on BF to play co-op with my brother. Playing co-op saved what was otherwise a steaming piece of shit. This game really needs to go down as one of the worst games in videogame history (or just this gen) next to Aliens: CM.

Last edited by a moderator:
^I loved the game, jerk. Nothing wrong with it and it is really the only zombie coop RPG. I had a blast playing both. Only gripe I can possibly mention is the graphics which aren't that bad.

^I loved the game, jerk. Nothing wrong with it and it is really the only zombie coop RPG. I had a blast playing both. Only gripe I can possibly mention is the graphics which aren't that bad.
Good to know. For me, the game was beyond horrible.

The controls were clunky, missions (both side and main) were stall and boring, Zombies were all the same (even bosses offered little differences), graphics shouldn't be a problem but it is here since the areas look the same with small differences in tone, the voice acting is horrible, glitches ran everywhere; from not being able to start a mission cause the character has gone missing to being stuck into walls.

Only reason I finished it is b/c at the time it was the only game my brother and I could play co-op with. Only thing that saved it for me was it was so bad that it was enjoyable just to see what else this game could mess up.

But this is just my opinion. I'm sure there are a few people out there that enjoyed this. Nothing against you though, I'm hopeful the 2nd is better but not paying too much to find out. Heck even Dying Light looks like it's going to be a repeat of Dead Island.

Bought this for $10 during gamefly sales, I played through about 8 hours of it. I can't suggest it/recoomend it unless you really love Dead Island!

Good to know. For me, the game was beyond horrible.

The controls were clunky, missions (both side and main) were stall and boring, Zombies were all the same (even bosses offered little differences), graphics shouldn't be a problem but it is here since the areas look the same with small differences in tone, the voice acting is horrible, glitches ran everywhere; from not being able to start a mission cause the character has gone missing to being stuck into walls.

Only reason I finished it is b/c at the time it was the only game my brother and I could play co-op with. Only thing that saved it for me was it was so bad that it was enjoyable just to see what else this game could mess up.

But this is just my opinion. I'm sure there are a few people out there that enjoyed this. Nothing against you though, I'm hopeful the 2nd is better but not paying too much to find out. Heck even Dying Light looks like it's going to be a repeat of Dead Island.
I was being sarcastic BTW. But in your case I would not bother with Riptide at all. It is literally exactly the same and more of a continuation. It felt like a huge expansion DLC which kind of makes sense since this did not retail at $60 and dropped in price really quick.

So for others if you liked the first then get this. If not then don't even bother as this is more of the same. For $15 it offers a good amount of hours of gameplay.

I'm still waiting for it to drop a little more or maybe the Rigor Mortis edition to drop more.  I loved the first one.  It wasn't perfect, but I didn't run into any game breaking bugs at all.  

Expected. Got the 1st one on BF to play co-op with my brother. Playing co-op saved what was otherwise a steaming piece of shit. This game really needs to go down as one of the worst games in videogame history (or just this gen) next to Aliens: CM.
While not perfect this game is hardly one of the worst in video game history. There are so many more that are way worse.

bread's done
Back