Dead Island

My initial reaction was IGN trolled us by hyping some unknown game up. Then, my interest rose when people from neogaf were pulling old details off wikipedia, things like open world and rpg elements.

Then I read the IGN preview and saw that it's being designed for 4 players. Any interest I had dropped to 0. So tired of everything needing co-op or multiplayer, it really dumbs the experience down. Think about creeping around with nothing but a crowbar, trying not to alert any zombies, suspense really getting to you...you can't get that with other people barking in your ear "COME ON BRO WHY U SO SLOW LET'S CHARGE!!!!"

ah bastard you beat me to it lol i want this game !!!!!!!!!!!!! that trailer was very impressive i really hope they stick with the basic zombie formula but also add in interactivity with the world.

[quote name='tmacairjordan87']My initial reaction was IGN trolled us by hyping some unknown game up. Then, my interest rose when people from neogaf were pulling old details off wikipedia, things like open world and rpg elements.

Then I read the IGN preview and saw that it's being designed for 4 players. Any interest I had dropped to 0. So tired of everything needing co-op or multiplayer, it really dumbs the experience down. Think about creeping around with nothing but a crowbar, trying not to alert any zombies, suspense really getting to you...you can't get that with other people barking in your ear "COME ON BRO WHY U SO SLOW LET'S CHARGE!!!!"[/QUOTE]

I might have to disagree with you. I think co-op is what makes zombie games thrive. Its always funner with more players.

Watching that video gave me chills because my niece looks just like that young girl on that video *blonde* .

I dont even think i am high, and that still scared the shit out of me.

[quote name='iKilledChewbacca']Watching that video gave me chills because my niece looks just like that young girl on that video *blonde* .

I dont even think i am high, and that still scared the shit out of me.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I like how realistic it looks.

The room, people and the zombies. Let me roam around a world like that with a couple of my close friends killing zombies and I will be happy.

I dont get why they made such a big deal about using hand to hand weapons that degrade over time. Sounds like Dead Rising to me. But I will say the graphics look nice and I love killing zombies as much as the next guy.

If anything it's like Condemned, but open world and with other people with you to suck away any form of suspense or fear. It sounds like it'll be all arcadey and lame like the L4D games

So are we looking at a third person left 4 dead with multi support? ::Snore:: If it's open world like GTA then I'll bite, but I need more info.

I'll stick with Dead Nation for now.

[quote name='wrencrest']I dont get why they made such a big deal about using hand to hand weapons that degrade over time. Sounds like Dead Rising to me. But I will say the graphics look nice and I love killing zombies as much as the next guy.[/QUOTE]

yeah but in dead rising how often were you ever without any decent weapons? its going to be a bigger deal with this game because what youll have access to is what youd expect to find at a resort hotel. and if theres no respawns of any of it that could make playing a big challenge.

i wonder how item acrrying will work though will you be limited to how much you can carry by weight like in demon souls or will it be the usual item slots.

I thought this game was Vaporware. I remember it being teased last year, or maybe even the year before.

Trailer looks awesome - very tragic; almost heartbreaking. I'll probably end up picking it up, but I'm not really interested in L4D clone without guns.

It doesn't look like there's online multiplayer, so my interest in this will be determined by reviewers and how much enjoyment they say can be gotten from single player. I don't have local friends I play video games with so split screen co-op doesn't do anything for me. I just hope they aren't building the entire game--objectives and such--with a hard slant toward split screen co-op.

bread's done
Back