(Dead) Joy ride Turbo free on Japanese marketplace (Gold required)

It's shittily impossible unless you have a paypal and use free month promotion on it and get the game  (ofcourse stupidly paying is an option too)

And that's not possible for me :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Works, got a free download of Joy Ride Turbo. Not complicated at all. If you need help, follow these steps:

1. Create a new email account (Live, Hotmail, Outlook) with your current location as the address (Doesn't matter yet)
  2. Go to Xbox.com and create a free Live account using your new email. (Make sure the location is set anywhere in the US)
  3. After your free Live account is up and active, click TedBundYzcoa's link to acquire a free month of Gold. You're going to need to input a payment option (Paypal works) but they definitely won't charge you. Just make sure to immediately set the auto-renewal off, you might forget to do so later (I did once...such a hassle to get a refund)
  4. Now, this is when you change your account's region. Should be in your My Profile section of the site. Choose Japan as your new region (you can only change it once every three months). Confirm it and you should be good to go.
I suggest using Google Chrome when navigating the site, since Google has a pretty good automatic translater. Also, if at any point they ask you to update your address or zip code AFTER changing your region to Japan, just google any sort of shop or Hotel in Japan and use their address.

Enjoy the free game and obscure Japanese releases!

has anyone tried using a ! month code from Bing searching yet? I'm like 2 days from having enough points to do this. Anyone know if those prepaid codes are regional?

I know this is dead now, but do you just use your real name address, etc for making this new account? Billing Address and name for paypal? Just wondering if that is how people are doing this, and could this put my main account in danger? Otherwise I don't know how you would get a fake name etc past paypal since you need a real bank account.

Really want some free Joy Ride since it was originally supposed to be a free to play game, before they co-opted it for Kinect and decided to make it a retail release.

bread's done
Back