(DEAD) Labor Day BOGO Bluray Sale @ DeepDiscount

[quote name='mitnosi']Is deep discount known to sale repackaged items? Paprika and Resident Evil Degeneration came in today. Paprika has a Y fold seal, while RE: Degeneration looks like it was shrink-wrapped.[/QUOTE]

let me guess - no top sticker either?

it's hard to tell because as mentioned before, some come packaged like that now, even as far as having no sticker seal up top. just have to take a leap of faith on it.

unless you want to become an old man filled with regret, waiting to die alone.

[quote name='exRounder']let me guess - no top sticker either?

it's hard to tell because as mentioned before, some come packaged like that now, even as far as having no sticker seal up top. just have to take a leap of faith on it.

unless you want to become an old man filled with regret, waiting to die alone.[/QUOTE]
It does have the top seal sticker on it, I guess I should of noticed that before :whistle2:#

[quote name='exRounder']let me guess - no top sticker either?

unless you want to become an old man filled with regret, waiting to die alone.[/QUOTE]

I had a run-in on Ebay with an old man filled with regret waiting to die alone. He claimed I sold him a bootleg DVD even though he never actually opened it. He based it on the case it came in, even though I've seen it at stores in that exact same case. Left me neutral feedback too, that fossil.

[quote name='Indiana Jones']I had a run-in on Ebay with an old man filled with regret waiting to die alone. He claimed I sold him a bootleg DVD even though he never actually opened it. He based it on the case it came in, even though I've seen it at stores in that exact same case. Left me neutral feedback too, that fossil.[/QUOTE]

did you perform inception on him so that he would give you good feedback?

also ironically enough, all my back ordered stuff all shipped already.

[quote name='Indiana Jones']I'm still waiting to hear about my Chuck season 2 I ordered four weeks ago!!![/QUOTE]
Its like maybe $1 more at Amazon if you want to cancel your order, thats what I did.

I've never done business with Deep Discount before, so I'm not sure how their stuff works, but I got an e-mail yesterday saying one of my orders shipped, but the order still says open/available to cancel on the site. Also, all 4 of the items I ordered still say they are OOS.

Did the items really ship, or are they just jerkin' my chain?

Supposedly my Ninja shipped on Saturday before Labor Day and I still haven't got it. Of course DD is too cheap to pay for 17 cent delivery confirmation too.

[quote name='lolwut?']I've never done business with Deep Discount before, so I'm not sure how their stuff works, but I got an e-mail yesterday saying one of my orders shipped, but the order still says open/available to cancel on the site. Also, all 4 of the items I ordered still say they are OOS.

Did the items really ship, or are they just jerkin' my chain?[/QUOTE]

their website never updated in my case; all of my six BD's arrived around Tuesday, so yeah, they probably are already en route

I got an email that my Snakes on a Plane shipped out last Friday, then yesterday I got one about Boogie Nights. No tracking numbers, nothing. I'm pretty much just expecting to get home from work one day and BOOM, there they are.

I have one order that was split into two with a week between notices and the first shipment still hasn't arrived. I wonder if the second shipment will get here first.

Since DD doesn't offer a good twice-a-year sale anymore, I think I'm done with them. Waiting for a good price on their sister site DVD Planet so I can use up my points and stop using them too.

I wonder how much money Deep Discount loses/wastes on their free shipping. Granted, media mail is cheap, but they split my order up in two, they were sent a week apart, and they arrived at the same day.

How is DD's customer service. My fears came true when I got my copy of the General today; the art is crushed and I hear pieces of plastic (likely from the hub) bouncing around inside. Probably a combination of a shitty over-sized bubble mailer and weak Eco-Casing.

It's not sold in any store around here, so online is my only choice. Also, should I call or e-mail? Which usually has better luck?

Thank you

I really hate DD. I keep giving them a chance every 6 months or so, and nothing changes. Their site/inventory management is horrible. The movies I ordered were reported as in stock but didn't ship until over a week after ordering. It's not black friday or the damn biannual 25% sale. It should not have taken that long to ship a couple BDs. It's been nearly 2 weeks and they still haven't shown up because of this media mail shit. The assholes want $7 for expedited so it's never worth doing unless you're ordering a couple hundred dollars worth of shit in a big sale. How they can want $7 to ship a single title or 2 first class is beyond me. It's insane. I hope they don't have any really good deals come xmas time, cause I don't want to deal with them anymore.

[quote name='Viper187']I really hate DD. I keep giving them a chance every 6 months or so, and nothing changes. Their site/inventory management is horrible. The movies I ordered were reported as in stock but didn't ship until over a week after ordering. It's not black friday or the damn biannual 25% sale. It should not have taken that long to ship a couple BDs. It's been nearly 2 weeks and they still haven't shown up because of this media mail shit. The assholes want $7 for expedited so it's never worth doing unless you're ordering a couple hundred dollars worth of shit in a big sale. How they can want $7 to ship a single title or 2 first class is beyond me. It's insane. I hope they don't have any really good deals come xmas time, cause I don't want to deal with them anymore.[/QUOTE] You must be very happyy that after a week of order, they shipped your movies. It's already been 4 weeks now since i ordered and still haven't received mine. it still says processing. I called them and a rude CS guy just told me and it's in backordered and i have to wait till they have it in stock. This is my last order with them. I would never order again. Since I'm not in a hurry to watch those movie. I will just wait for it until i find another deal from different online site before i cancel it.

I finally received my copy of CJ7 yesterday after it shipped out on 09/08/10. I'm still waiting for Paprika to come back in stock and wait a few more weeks for it to finally make it to me.

If it hadn't been for CJ7 with a free movie then I wouldn't deal with DD. This will probably be my last purchase with them.

Yeah, I feel no incentive to ever buy from Deep Discount again since their twice-a-year sale has vanished. They didn't even try to pull a 40% off MSRP fast one this year.

[quote name='Kazaganthi']In for Get Smart & Kung Fu Hustle (upgrade my DVD) = $7.49 each shipped, thanks OP!

Some of the prices are odd though. Paul Blart: Mall Cop for $32 wtf?[/QUOTE]

Wow, I posted this 9-02, it's 9-22 now and still not shipped. This is ridiculous...

I too am waiting for my deal to come in. What's funny to me is that the email that I used to order on this deal gets no advertising anymore. It's like they just stopped. Although my other email set up since who knows when, still gets the advertisements.

M

First time I've used DD. Three movies (from two different orders) arrived about a week ago, and the final movie arrived two days ago.
Weird, but I'd give them another shot if a good deal came around.

i still have both of my orders "open"

order 1: boogie nights & The professional
order 2: The Messenger & Groundhog Day

its been like 23 days... any idea who i can email about it?

edit: found this page (doesnt show up normally, had to google for it)
http://www.deepdiscount.com/contactus/
sending them an email now...

I got Snakes on a Plane about 2 days after I posted (so the 20th, or something like that). Boogie Nights shipped out on the 17th, so I HOPE that I have it by tomorrow or Friday at the latest, because that would be 10 business days. Either way, fuck YOU DEEPDISCOUNT.COM. I'm done with you for the foreseeable future.

Yeah, I've only received one of the ten movies I ordered off this sale. This is typical for DD but I don't recall it being this bad, even for their Criterion sales in the past. I don't see myself using them again unless it's some mind-blowing amaza-crazy deal!

[quote name='chimpster1313']I got Snakes on a Plane about 2 days after I posted (so the 20th, or something like that). Boogie Nights shipped out on the 17th, so I HOPE that I have it by tomorrow or Friday at the latest, because that would be 10 business days. Either way, fuck YOU DEEPDISCOUNT.COM. I'm done with you for the foreseeable future.[/QUOTE]Don't count on it. My order of Paprika shipped out on "9/10/10." I use the quotation marks because it allegedly shipped out on 9/8/10, but has now changed to 9/10/10. Just expect a good three week wait, as the 5-10 business days shipping just doesn't happen from what I've seen.

Hopefully Paprika will be in the mail today, if not then I'll have to contact them about it.

[quote name='XxFuRy2Xx']Don't count on it. My order of Paprika shipped out on "9/10/10." I use the quotation marks because it allegedly shipped out on 9/8/10, but has now changed to 9/10/10. Just expect a good three week wait, as the 5-10 business days shipping just doesn't happen from what I've seen.

Hopefully Paprika will be in the mail today, if not then I'll have to contact them about it.[/QUOTE]

Mine now 6 weeks and counting and still "processing"... I tried to cancel it online and no go coz it's processing... WTF! I have to call them. What a BS company...

WHY do people still put up with DD!? Is it really worth saving 2 bucks on something over Amazon!? If people quit accepting that insane slow shipping and service, DD would either have to start doing it right or go the hell away. I wish people would quit letting them get away with this crap cause everyone who just sits idly by and waits for months to get stuff makes it worse for the rest of us because these bastards know they can get away with it.

[quote name='XxFuRy2Xx']I finally got my copy of Paprika on Friday. This will most likely be my last purchase from DD.[/QUOTE]

This the exact same quote for me, except replace Paprika with Boogie Nights. Maybe if they have a legitimately great Criterion Bluray sale (like, Sub-$20 per) which is unlikely. Otherwise, no more of this waiting more than a month for an order. fuck that.

Thought I'd share this. My order was placed Sept 02, and I just got this email on Oct 04:
Thank you for your recent order. Due to an overwhelming demand for the
item(s)listed, we are temporarily out of stock. If you ordered with a credit
card, you will not be charged until the item ships. We expect to receive this
merchandise and ship your order within twenty-one days.

If you do not wish to wait, please contact our Customer Service department
via email at [email protected] to cancel. We apologize for the delay and
thank you for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,
DeepDiscount.com

30 Day Notice
[address/order number omitted]
Item # Description
BLR : KUNG FU HUSTLE
BLR : GET SMART

2 months to get my 2 blurays delivered to me? BRILLIANT

I just got that same e-mail for 7 or 8 of the ones I ordered! I guess I'll keep them...not in a huge rush to view most of them.

Still haven't had two of mine even sent yet, Glory and Ajami. Ajami, for the price I paid, will be worth the wait, Glory, not so much.

It's pretty normal for DeepDiscount to take 1-2 months to get your items. That's the risk of shopping at DeepDiscount, but at least the prices are always nice.

bread's done
Back