Dead Like Me: Life After Death

Lice

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Huge fan of the tv series. I think it was a true shame that it was canceled. News that a film was coming out got me excited because I thought that finally they are going to tie up loose ends; being that the show kind of ended on a random episode.

A year later, walk into a video store that broke street date, tadaaa!

Ill just say, this film had no need to be made. Its such a disappointment.

Here is my amazon review, may have a spoiler in it, but really, the only spoiler is the pos movie.
If a show has been over for 3 years, and didn't have a proper ending, WHY WHY WHY would you make a movie that doesn't tie up loose ends?

Once the film ended the only words we could think was "WHY did that need to be made."

I absolutely love the show. One of my top ten.

Why this movie fails:
-Loss of Rube. No characters seemed to even care that he was gone.
-Loss of Daisy and replaced by someone doing a bad impression of her.
-Dry boring script.
-Emotionless dialogue being delivered by cast.
- Different locations trying to be passed off as the originals.
- Threw out old reaping rules and stomped all over what was set up.
- 25 person cat funeral.
- Different cinematography didn't match old aesthetic.
- Wasn't made for fans, new comers wont enjoy.

Just bottom of the barrel production. I don't know why there are so many gleaming reviews. I think once more true fans see this wreck of a great show, the true ratings will come out.

Rewatch the series and pass on this.

Im so annoyed that this is how it ended. A shame. Maybe some of you will like it, but only if you where drinking at the time.

That was the show with the girl that was killed and became a reaper, right? I watched it the first season it was on, and kinda forgot about it by the time they started the next season (I don't watch a lot of TV). I really liked it though, and should go back to it...

Plume, you might want to wait for a sale or rent it if you dont really remember it. Make sure its your cup-o-tea. Give it another shot.

[quote name='Lice']Plume, you might want to wait for a sale or rent it if you dont really remember it. Make sure its your cup-o-tea. Give it another shot.[/quote]

Yeah, I just checked, and it is the one I remember. I have the first season on DVD - I forgot I bought it.

I'll probably netflix the rest of it. I did really like the show, though...

Yea, I thought it was a pretty crappy way to finish off the series, but damn I gotta say that the girl that played Reggie aged well.

They wanted to use the movie to see if the show could return.

However if that was a pilot to a newly back from the dead show I wouldn't watch it. I thought it was horrible. The characters didn't act correctly at all, George's narration made it seem like she was bored. The whole thing storyline was iffy, and i think wrecked the nice ending on the show.

[quote name='bigdaddy']They wanted to use the movie to see if the show could return.

However if that was a pilot to a newly back from the dead show I wouldn't watch it. I thought it was horrible. The characters didn't act correctly at all, George's narration made it seem like she was bored. The whole thing storyline was iffy, and i think wrecked the nice ending on the show.[/quote]

:lol::lol: What nice ending??!?!? The show ended on the Halloween episode.

[quote name='Jek Porkins']I just watched it too, and while it's not great, it's not awful.

The show was amazing, for anyone who hasn't seen it![/quote]

ehh... bi-polar much?

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']:lol::lol: What nice ending??!?!? The show ended on the Halloween episode.[/quote]

Yes and it was open ended however Reggie saw Georgia and they had that nice moment. The movie destroyed that.

[quote name='bigdaddy']Yes and it was open ended however Reggie saw Georgia and they had that nice moment. The movie destroyed that.[/quote]

Seriously!

The whole show was building up the tension of how George could not get near reggie, but could only in affect haunt her from affar. You could really get a sense of the pain reggie was going through that she lost her sister, it affected her deeply, and it was ruining many apsects of her life.

The show teased us the entire time about how george was so close but so far from just telling reggie. The move came to that point, it was pure gold oppurtunity for an good emotional scene. We got something to the affect of:
" Im george" " no your arent".. " yes I am".. cut to: " Remember when mom sucked" .."Yeah"...

really? Thats it? No emotion. Just ohh, yay a grim reaper, I understand, hooray, roomates.

The whole movie lacked emotion. " Rube is gone, the waffle house burnt down, ohh well, Lets get in this random limo and never speak of Rube again." Who was the main tie of the group, the only reason why the show held together so well.

Ugh.

It wasn't as good as the show, but imo it wasn't horrible. Alot of things happened in it that I never expected in the show, George and her sister and all the screwed up reapings so it was ok in that aspect. What was up with the ending anyway with the post its falling from the sky.

[quote name='snookie_wookums']ehh... bi-polar much?[/QUOTE]

No. First line was about the movie, like in the topic header. Second line specifically says show.

bread's done
Back