[DEAD] Mass Effect 2 $12.97 NEW (360)

[quote name='strait edge follower']Since its a sealed copy its a good price imo. I've never played the mass effect series before[/QUOTE]

You should really try it out...at least Mass Effect 2.

[quote name='strait edge follower']Since its a sealed copy its a good price imo. I've never played the mass effect series before[/QUOTE]

same here. actually i hate to admit this but ive never played a assassin's creed game in my life. Does mass effect provide tons of gameplay? PS i heard from a friend that went to comic con that a mass effect movie is already into production.

I have always heard that it has a good amount of gameplay, but can be beaten fairly quickly. At this price you'll definitely get your money's worth, especially if wanting catch up before ME3 (which is why I am getting it).

Unfortunately due to the seller is won't let me use my Amazon credit....was hoping to get it for $2.97. Oh well.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']same here. actually i hate to admit this but ive never played a assassin's creed game in my life. Does mass effect provide tons of gameplay? PS i heard from a friend that went to comic con that a mass effect movie is already into production.[/QUOTE]

Well...

The first is more RPGish while the second is more focused on combat. I personally prefer the first over the second, but they are both absolutely amazing games. The story is great and will keep you interested, and the universe is pretty fun to explore.

For that price, it's a steal.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']same here. actually i hate to admit this but ive never played a assassin's creed game in my life. Does mass effect provide tons of gameplay? PS i heard from a friend that went to comic con that a mass effect movie is already into production.[/QUOTE]

Gotta play the ass creed games (make Sure you have meth on hand while playing part 1), great series

Really guys? Maybe its just me but I absolutely hated the first AC. Even considering that I got it used for $8. I thought it was beautifully designed, but it was the most repetitive game I have ever played! It made it so that I won't play any future ones, maybe I am missing out.

Anyway just confirmed my order of ME2 and the Orange Box for $22.96 :). Might not be the best deal but I've been on the fence about both, and they should keep me busy for a while.

[quote name='Jurassic425']I have always heard that it has a good amount of gameplay, but can be beaten fairly quickly. At this price you'll definitely get your money's worth, especially if wanting catch up before ME3 (which is why I am getting it).

Unfortunately due to the seller is won't let me use my Amazon credit....was hoping to get it for $2.97. Oh well.[/QUOTE]The two playthroughs of ME2 that I've done, including all off the DLC and all of the side missions, weighed in at about 53-55 hours each.

And I only have one achievement left in the game, which is beating it on Insanity.

If you blow through the main storyline, don't do any of the DLC and don't do alot of the side missions, yes, you can do it in about 15-20 hours.

There's potentially six different playthroughs to be had with the game via the six classes, as well as Renegade / Paragon permutations.

The main bit for multiple play-throughs is to see how different in-game decisions manifest themselves in ME3

[quote name='shrike4242']The two playthroughs of ME2 that I've done, including all off the DLC and all of the side missions, weighed in at about 53-55 hours each.

And I only have one achievement left in the game, which is beating it on Insanity.

If you blow through the main storyline, don't do any of the DLC and don't do alot of the side missions, yes, you can do it in about 15-20 hours.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info, that's pretty much what I've heard. Its currently in my queue with a game rental service, but at this price there was no reason for me to not pick it up. It sucks playing through awesome RPGs with multiple endings as a rental. I did this with Dragon Age Origins and felt extremely rushed so that I could get my next game. Now I just have to find a cheap copy of the original ME.....

[quote name='Flame Killa']Already have the game, but I don't have a case for it.... Is $12.97 worth it...[/QUOTE]
Check ebay for a case and booklet. That's where I bought my MW2 one for $3 :)

[quote name='Flame Killa']Already have the game, but I don't have a case for it.... Is $12.97 worth it...[/QUOTE]

Ask your gamestop for a case. I do it all the time and they give them and the manual if I don't need the case to me all the time. They can care less about them

Wow Amazon's prices really do change quickly! Just checked the link and it's already back up to $19.96. Glad I got a copy. I'll update the OP.

[quote name='Jurassic425']Wow Amazon's prices really do change quickly! Just checked the link and it's already back up to $19.96. Glad I got a copy. I'll update the OP.[/QUOTE]

3rd party seller, that's why

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='shrike4242']The two playthroughs of ME2 that I've done, including all off the DLC and all of the side missions, weighed in at about 53-55 hours each.

If you blow through the main storyline, don't do any of the DLC and don't do alot of the side missions, yes, you can do it in about 15-20 hours.

There's potentially six different playthroughs to be had with the game via the six classes, as well as Renegade / Paragon permutations.

The main bit for multiple play-throughs is to see how different in-game decisions manifest themselves in ME3[/QUOTE]

Do you still have to beat ME2 three times to get all the achievements, like in ME1?

It's really strange that Mass Effect 2 dropped so drastically during release, but has steadily increased in price since. I remember getting the game for $9.99 (free shipping) sealed on Amazon during Black Friday 2010. Haven't opened it.

For those who have never played either ME1 or ME2 and you have a PS3, you really might want to consider getting ME2 on the PS3....Not only does it come with additional 3 DLC packs on the disk vs the 360 version, you can also download off the PSN a interactive 'previously on Mass Effect 1' comic (called mass effect genesis) that lets you choose your path from the ME1 without having to play through ME1, which isn't possible on the PS3 since ME1 was never released on it.

ME2 for the PS3 has recently dropped to $20, which means after edge, you can pick it up used for $16-ish at gamestop.

[quote name='gamingdroid']Do you still have to beat ME2 three times to get all the achievements, like in ME1?[/QUOTE]For me, yes, I will, though you could probably do it in two passes, one on Hardcore and one on Insanity.

Did anyone else end up taking advantage of this deal? The game that they sent me was NOT new, it was not even sealed. If anyone else had to deal with this, call Amazon customer service. The refunded half ($6.50) of the price, so I effectively got a like new copy of Mass Effect 2 for $6.47. Still has a DLC code that I need to check to see if it works. I gave the third party seller bad feedback, and looking at other negative feedback they pull this trick quite often.

bread's done
Back