[DEAD] Max Payne 3 $40, Endless Ocean 2 $10, Civ 5: GOTY $30, Sony 3D Display $20

Bosamba

CAGiversary!
Last edited by a moderator:
can't decide if I want that display or not...

edit: damn I was too tempted and pulled the trigger on the display. Sony will fix the black screen problem whenever it happens right?

Great finds op..already grabbed max payne @ BB with 39.99 price match and display @ gamestop which is amazing! with all these retailers dropping the price of the display it makes me wonder if sony is planning on coming with another one.

I'm considering Endless Ocean: Blue World, but I'd really be paying just for the Club Nintendo code (assuming it has one being a first-party title) since I could easily borrow the game from my local library for free. :whistle2:k

[quote name='Vigilante']I'm considering Endless Ocean: Blue World, but I'd really be paying just for the Club Nintendo code (assuming it has one being a first-party title) since I could easily borrow the game from my local library for free. :whistle2:k[/QUOTE]
You mean so you can get another extremely bad platinum reward next year, too? :p

i got the PS 3D display this week from Gamestop. So far it's working fine. No weird issues people complained about (knock on wood). Wish NewEgg posted this sooner. I would've liked free shipping and no tax.

just cancelled my playstatin 3d display order. While it would be nice to have, I feel like I don't need it and the $200 can be placed elsewhere. Was very tempted though...

[quote name='SpartenOmega117']just cancelled my playstatin 3d display order. While it would be nice to have, I feel like I don't need it and the $200 can be placed elsewhere. Was very tempted though...[/QUOTE]
I'm thinking along the same lines. Plus there really aren't any upcoming 3D games. And anything I would play I've already beaten, so I feel I would get a few hours of 3D use and no more for some time.

[quote name='Vigilante']I'm considering Endless Ocean: Blue World, but I'd really be paying just for the Club Nintendo code (assuming it has one being a first-party title) since I could easily borrow the game from my local library for free. :whistle2:k[/QUOTE]

No offense, but that's not a good reason to get a game. Also, you'd get 30 coins, if you were curious, not the 50. https://club.nintendo.com/coin-values.do

To anyone who wants Brink, it's on sale at Walmart.com for $4 with either $1 shipping to home or free site to store shipping. I'd say it's definitely worth it at that price.

For those wondering about the 3D Display...I picked one up at BB w/ the same deal of 199.

1. Knock on wood, I have not experienced a single issue w/ the flickering black screen. From all reports I've read online, those power fluctuations occurred on early models. I wonder if newer stock had already resolved that issue. I left it on last night for TV use and long periods of game time w/ the 360 and no flickers. The day I got it, I ran motorstorm in 3D with no issues.

2. No Remote control but any Sony branded remote will work w/ it. I have a Sony sound system, and it automatically worked w/ the monitor w/o having to do any universal remote set-ups.

3. No TV Tuner

4. 3D DOES NOT WORK with PC. You can hack it and make it work but the two versions of working on PC are either very slow and half resolution or 2 using a hack of nVidia's 3DVision system which is hit-or-miss.

5. For use as PC monitor you'll need either hdmi port on pc or dvi->hdmi adapter. If you have fuzzy or blocky text, drop sharpness down to 0.

I am going to test it as a PC monitor tonight because that's mainly why I bought it. I figured it'd be cool to have as a pretty monitor and also have 3d capability on my ps3 whenever I wanted to try it. After tonight's tests, I'll decide on whether or not I'll keep it or return it.

[quote name='KryllFood']For those wondering about the 3D Display...I picked one up at BB w/ the same deal of 199.

1. Knock on wood, I have not experienced a single issue w/ the flickering black screen. From all reports I've read online, those power fluctuations occurred on early models. I wonder if newer stock had already resolved that issue. I left it on last night for TV use and long periods of game time w/ the 360 and no flickers. The day I got it, I ran motorstorm in 3D with no issues.

2. No Remote control but any Sony branded remote will work w/ it. I have a Sony sound system, and it automatically worked w/ the monitor w/o having to do any universal remote set-ups.

3. No TV Tuner

4. 3D DOES NOT WORK with PC. You can hack it and make it work but the two versions of working on PC are either very slow and half resolution or 2 using a hack of nVidia's 3DVision system which is hit-or-miss.

5. For use as PC monitor you'll need either hdmi port on pc or dvi->hdmi adapter. If you have fuzzy or blocky text, drop sharpness down to 0.

I am going to test it as a PC monitor tonight because that's mainly why I bought it. I figured it'd be cool to have as a pretty monitor and also have 3d capability on my ps3 whenever I wanted to try it. After tonight's tests, I'll decide on whether or not I'll keep it or return it.[/QUOTE]

Alright thanks for the review. Let us know how it goes. iSight place an order again.

[quote name='mitnosi']You mean so you can get another extremely bad platinum reward next year, too? :p[/QUOTE]I know, right? :roll:

[quote name='TotalHenshin']No offense, but that's not a good reason to get a game. Also, you'd get 30 coins, if you were curious, not the 50. https://club.nintendo.com/coin-values.do [/QUOTE]Yeah, I agree; I was just saying that if I did decide to buy it, that would be the main reason given how easily I could get it from my library. In other words, I'm not buying it. :razz:

Bought the original Endless Ocean and the sequel on release date. It is a relaxing game with very good underwater graphics, (for the Wii ). Outside of the water, where only about 5-10% of the game takes place looks ok, but character models are a little stiff.

Still, this is a great game. Improvement over the original in every way. If you think exploring an abyss, deep underwater caverns, and photographing and reading about all kinds of sea life is fun, (like me) you can't beat it. You can spend hours swimming around and just taking in the sights. There's a story too, but it's nothing special.

There's very little action, this is a relaxing exploration type game. Good music too. If you happen to know someone else with the game you can use WiiSpeak as well. The original release came bundled either it actually. I have never tried this feature, however.

Hope this helps anyone on the fence.

bread's done
Back