(DEAD) Mel Brooks Blu-ray Collection $55.99 @ Bestbuy.com w/FS..

Raven6009

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Corrected link.

9 Disc movie collection on sale today only (2/22) for $55.99 ($89.99 on Amazon). Free shipping. Set includes:

History of the World
Young Frankenstein
Silent Movie
High Anxiety
Robin Hood: Men In Tights
Spaceballs
To Be Or Not To Be
The Twelve Chairs
Balzing Saddles

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for posting this. I wanted this set but 90 was too high. This is much better. I just wish it was cases instead of the book. But for the price I'll live.

Mel Brooks, probably one of the best great comedic movie makers who can bring funny ass racism to an great movie art form until America got all politically correct.

I might just pick this up, even though I already own a copy of Young Frankenstein on Blu-ray. Maybe I'll give that copy to my dad.

i have a crapload of rewardzone points coming that would cover this if it stayed this low, but thats not going to happen....hmmmmm maybe i will order for pickup and wait to see if Amazon matches it.

Thanks much, OP, but I might have to pass on this one. Like the previous poster said, too much good stuff coming out this week. Tempting but I already have a budget set up for myself so straying from that will kill me.

Damnit. I already have Young Frankenstein and Blazing Saddles. Still tempting for me as I've never seen Twelve Chairs. Hmm... wonder if my parents would pay for those two....

Bing cashback for BestBuy right now is listed as 8-15%, so this actually might beat Amazon if they match it, if the Bing cashback exceeds your local sales tax.

And yes, that's money you're not seeing for 60 days.

Not sure on the percentage back from Bing on this, as I'm waiting on the email from Bing.

[quote name='BuckinKaeding']I would if the packaging wasn't so horrible. Its such a big book.[/QUOTE]

I went for it -- will experiment with custom covers and put each movie in its own case.

Also got the 8% Bing, doesn't quite help with the 9.75% LA tax but it brings it to a much more reasonable level. Thanks for posting about this, hadn't even heard of this collection but couldn't pass it up at this price!

I was about to purchase but then I realized it doesn't have Life Stinks. Without that movie this can in no way be considered a collection of Mel Brook's best.

Thanks anyhow OP. This came so close to being an awesome deal for me.

Took Amazon time to match it, though Best Buy is sold out of it now. :lol:

In other news, hello shipping notification for my BB.com order.

Anyone know what the "In stock but may require an extra 1-2 days to process." flag showing up on a lot of stuff from Amazon today is all about? I don't remember seeing it before..

[quote name='Justin42']Anyone know what the "In stock but may require an extra 1-2 days to process." flag showing up on a lot of stuff from Amazon today is all about? I don't remember seeing it before..[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I noticed that as well. They are saying that my Mel Brooks Collection won't ship until March 2nd. I guess they don't have it in and awaiting more stock (even though it says they do, but need more processing time)?

I just received my package from BB and it was damaged in shipment or was damaged before it was shipped out.

They packed it in a bubble mailer :bomb: and there's some dents and tears in the outside packaging, plus a squished corner of the packaging. I had to call and set up a return shipment back to them, plus a reshipment of the item to me. I also asked to have it shipped in a box and not just in a bubble mailer.

Not saying everyone will have this issue, though keep it in mind when opening up the package.

^^ yea, i picked up the last copy at a BB that day for that reason. Either way ill be returning something, but with experience the mostly likely scenario will be a damaged copy from the .com.

[quote name='shrike4242']I just received my package from BB and it was damaged in shipment or was damaged before it was shipped out.

They packed it in a bubble mailer :bomb: and there's some dents and tears in the outside packaging, plus a squished corner of the packaging. I had to call and set up a return shipment back to them, plus a reshipment of the item to me. I also asked to have it shipped in a box and not just in a bubble mailer.

Not saying everyone will have this issue, though keep it in mind when opening up the package.[/QUOTE]

Can it be exchanged in-store?

[quote name='FrankTheFrowner']Can it be exchanged in-store?[/QUOTE]Unfortunately, no, since I think the stores don't have them available. None of my local stores do when I checked the inventory.

Oh, and it's backordered from BB.com. :wall:

I think I'll toss in an order at Amazon for the $55.99 price to lock it in and if the Amazon order ships first, then I'll call them to cancel the reshipment and change the return shipment to be a return order.

bread's done
Back