DEAD: Metal Gear Rising Revengeance $9.99 Aliens Colonial Marines $7.99 free ship Gamefly

That 2 copies per account, flipper heaven.
I don't understand why people waste time flipping crap like this. If you're not making $50 to $100 profit per item, what's the point? Say your items sell a week apart, and you're making $12 profit on each. You're spending part of that on gas for each individual item. Is your time really worth less than $12? Get a damn job... :rofl:

Wow I'm about 12hrs late on this deal, would've grab MGR. That's what I get for playing Diablo 3 and not checking CAG during the day.

I don't understand why people waste time flipping crap like this. If you're not making $50 to $100 profit per item, what's the point? Say your items sell a week apart, and you're making $12 profit on each. You're spending part of that on gas for each individual item. Is your time really worth less than $12? Get a damn job... :rofl:
You can't spend gas buying a gamefly game... :dunce:

How did I miss this deal yesterday?  I've been wanting a PS3 copy of MGR for dirt cheap.  I played it on Xbox 360 and it was really good.  I hope it comes back in stock before the sale ends.  Next I'll probably miss the chance to grab a PS3 copy of DMC at $10 as well.

However, the last few games I've received from Gamefly have had the chipped edges that people are talking about.  I remember getting games from them in the past that were in flawless condition.  I would return the chipped games, but that just gets you a refund.  I still want to actually own the game and the $10 price tag of most of their games makes the condition acceptable because they still come in 100x better condition than a used Gamestop game.  Especially the game case since it doesn't appear to have been shat on and vandalized with price tags and missing artwork/manuals.

How did I miss this deal yesterday? I've been wanting a PS3 copy of MGR for dirt cheap. I played it on Xbox 360 and it was really good. I hope it comes back in stock before the sale ends. Next I'll probably miss the chance to grab a PS3 copy of DMC at $10 as well.

However, the last few games I've received from Gamefly have had the chipped edges that people are talking about. I remember getting games from them in the past that were in flawless condition. I would return the chipped games, but that just gets you a refund. I still want to actually own the game and the $10 price tag of most of their games makes the condition acceptable because they still come in 100x better condition than a used Gamestop game. Especially the game case since it doesn't appear to have been shat on and vandalized with price tags and missing artwork/manuals.
I wouldn't worry about the chips if they aren't too bad. Every game I've purchased from Gamefly has had them, and all of them play just fine. It may hamper your ability to resale it if you're into that kinda thing, but I almost always keep all my games. Doesn't bother me.

I wouldn't worry about the chips if they aren't too bad. Every game I've purchased from Gamefly has had them, and all of them play just fine. It may hamper your ability to resale it if you're into that kinda thing, but I almost always keep all my games. Doesn't bother me.
I've never even had any issues reselling them. Honestly the average person is not going to notice them (I never would have noticed them until someone brought it up in a Gamefly thread a long time ago) and since the game plays fine and everything else is usually in great shape, I really don't feel bad when I sell one of my Gamefly games. I don't trade in to Gamestop much, but if you trade in to Best Buy they rarely even both to open the case to make sure the game is in there, let alone pop it out and look at its condition.

Last edited by a moderator:
Apparently someone can't comprehend written English... I know I don't teleport to the post office when mailing an item. Do you? :dunce:

I think most people were flipping to BestBuy and dumping 2-3 copies making $15- per copy.

I've never even had any issues reselling them. Honestly the average person is not going to notice them (I never would have noticed them until someone brought it up in a Gamefly thread a long time ago) and since the game plays fine and everything else is usually in great shape, I really don't feel bad when I sell one of my Gamefly games. I don't trade in to Gamestop much, but if you trade in to Best Buy they rarely even both to open the case to make sure the game is in there, let alone pop it out and look at its condition.
I've traded Gamefly games to Amazon without a problem as well.

Apparently someone can't comprehend written English... I know I don't teleport to the post office when mailing an item. Do you? :dunce:
I have this cool thing called a mailbox. Also if using a service such as UPS, I'm sure most people don't have to go very far out of the way to find a drop-off box. I usually try to ignore chumps like you, but it's getting really annoying seeing your posts in every thread I read. You talk about nothing that is relevant/helpful. Why are you even here?

I've traded Gamefly games to Amazon without a problem as well.

I have this cool thing called a mailbox. Also if using a service such as UPS, I'm sure most people don't have to go very far out of the way to find a drop-off box. I usually try to ignore chumps like you, but it's getting really annoying seeing your posts in every thread I read. You talk about nothing that is relevant/helpful. Why are you even here?
The entire international community apparently lives in a neighborhood exactly like yours. Go away forum troll...

By the way, who the hell drops a bubble mailer in a mailbox and expects it to be shipped?

The entire international community apparently lives in a neighborhood exactly like yours. Go away forum troll...

By the way, who the hell drops a bubble mailer in a mailbox and expects it to be shipped?
I think you're confused on who the troll is here...

It's hard to waste gas on a bicycle :cool:

I also drop bubble mailers in a mailbox 90% of the time and have never had an issue. If it fits, it ships.

Far Cry 3 is $10 for both consoles.  Weird that they just kind of added the deal, since new deals don't usually go live til 1 my time, and yesterday's deals aren't expired yet.

I actually didn't notice the chips either until someone had pointed them out and like both of you have said, they do play fine. Even doing a Google search on the issue really only brings up a thread from CAG. So, it doesn't sound like anyone has any real issues with them. I rarely trade games in, my main concern is really just keeping my collection in the best possible condition.

Damn, missed Farcry 3 for PS3 while looking at a video review for it to push me over the edge since my backlog is pretty big. Eh what the hell, bought the XB360 version anyway to see what all the hype is about.

Damn, missed Farcry 3 for PS3 while looking at a video review for it to push me over the edge since my backlog is pretty big. Eh what the hell, bought the XB360 version anyway to see what all the hype is about.
You shan't regret it. Definitely one of the best games of last year.

It bugs me that there are 3 active Gamefly threads now.  That would be the benefit of changing the OP every day instead of starting a new thread every day.

It bugs me that there are 3 active Gamefly threads now. That would be the benefit of changing the OP every day instead of starting a new thread every day.
Agreed, I didn't really know where to go to see if someone had made mention of the price on The Walking Dead.

I on the other hand think it is easier for people to see the topic by games than by one gamefly thread. Maybe that's just me. Esp. Since there are new specials every day. Don't really see it as a big deal . Is it really?

If the mods think otherwise I will change the way I do it.

Geez

I on the other hand think it is easier for people to see the topic by games than by one gamefly thread. Maybe that's just me. Esp. Since there are new specials every day. Don't really see it as a big deal . Is it really?
It's not a big deal, but to me it clutters the main page. I mean, why have the same discussion going on in 3 threads when it could be just going on in one? I don't understand how anybody could miss any of the deals as long as you update the title of the thread and the OP on a daily basis when the new deals go live. Seriously, what's the difference, besides the extra clutter?

I personally don't like clutter, but I guess I'm in the minority because every time I mention a thread doesn't need to exist I get immediately reamed by others. I could seriously post a picture of my dog on the main deals page and there would be CAGs making an argument that the thread belongs on the front page.

If the mods think otherwise I will change the way I do it.
Mods. Haha. That's a good one!

In all reality, do whatever you want. That's what everyone else does here anyway. People love pointing out that I'm not a mod, as if it somehow completely invalidates my entire opinion.

The upside to having separate threads is that this can be moved to the Deal Graveyard after it's finished.

Like two days ago.

I'm still waiting.

It confuses people.

I came here for MGR but looks like I'm too late. Now this Farcry3 deal.. I'm really tempted to play mine now
See what I mean?

The upside to having separate threads is that this can be moved to the Deal Graveyard after it's finished.

Like two days ago.

I'm still waiting.

It confuses people.

See what I mean?
I see your point. But, maybe having a thread titled "Gamefly Deals: XX/XX/(date) Game Title Here- $XX.XX" and updating the OP and title when the deals go live would cut down on the confusion more. Wikify so if one isn't able to update right away, someone else can. Sounds like a good idea to me at least.

bread's done
Back