(dead)Metal Gear Solid 3 Pre-played $12.99 at ebgames.com (good in store as well)

[quote name='Zmonkay']woot, I hope it stays that price, and isn't a fluke[/QUOTE]

I read the first posting in the EB morning thread.

I had it in my cart at about 6:30 and I checked to see quantity and 7 were in stock. A few minutes later I updated to see any CAGers had bought any before I checked out and all 7 were gone . . . I don't see how that many copies would have been purchased so quickly . . .

I suspect it was a pricing error and they pulled it . . . usually a $29.99 game is $24.99 used

[quote name='MaxBiaggi2']I'm still waiting for the inevitable Greatest Hits value release.[/QUOTE]

Why? This price kicks the ass of even what the used price would be after a GH price-drop.

[quote name='Ledhed']Why? This price kicks the ass of even what the used price would be after a GH price-drop.[/QUOTE]
Plus its the best game of 2004. Do yourself a favor and play it (goes out to anyone who hasn't played it, not you Led.)

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']Confirmed, $13 in store.[/QUOTE]

thanks, I edited the title

anyone who has not played this game, should do so. This game is amazing

Aww man...I knew I shoulda got on my comp this morning. Hope I can find this instore, it would be much easier than waking up early and competing with all the lurkers who have the link now. Thanks Strider/wlau.

Dang, I saw it instore . . . but the only copy had a disc that was fairly scratched . . . but it actually had a $12.99 sticker on it.

Most likely a price drop error that will be corrected tomorrow. Get it while you can!

AWESOME AWESOME price on a kick ass game. I paid $50 for this and it was worth every penny. Best game of 2004.

[quote name='spin03']i called my eb and they said it was 34.99 used. can anyone help me out?[/QUOTE]

Call them again and tell them to scan the box. Then yell at them for not doing morning price changes :)

[quote name='Scahom1']Call them again and tell them to scan the box. Then yell at them for not doing morning price changes :)[/QUOTE]

called them back. he scanned it and it is 12.99.

it only makes a $3 profit, but this is good trade in credit for gamerush. (dont own a ps2). if i tell them that i left my edge card at my house, do you think they will give me 10% off?

[quote name='spin03']called them back. he scanned it and it is 12.99.

it only makes a $3 profit, but this is good trade in credit for gamerush. (dont own a ps2). if i tell them that i left my edge card at my house, do you think they will give me 10% off?[/QUOTE]

Haha yeah I'm sure. Maybe you can try telling them that you will be paying for it with your credit card, which you left at home too.

[quote name='thegamer4787']Thanks a ton OP, I just picked it up B&M. Now that penny guide can be put to use![/QUOTE]

Game at launch $49.99
Player's Guide $15.95
Total price $65.94

Waiting 7 months to get both for $13.00

Value of being a cheapassgamer . . . priceless

If the price is good in-store does that officially mean that it won't go back up? Or is there any chance that this is a price error and will be fixed tomorrow?

Because if possible, I'd like to wait and get it online for a couple bucks cheaper with cag15. Or should I run out and buy it right now?

I just went and grabbed a copy. I visited 3 stores on the way home and only one store actually had the new price stickers on it.

If the price stays down you can always just return it. If not then you just scored MGS3 for $12.

I read about Subsistence at gamespot earlier; they actually had it written as a compilation of MGS1, 2, and 3. But it seems they were wrong and have corrected their story.

[quote name='Mr Durand Pierre']If the price is good in-store does that officially mean that it won't go back up? Or is there any chance that this is a price error and will be fixed tomorrow?

Because if possible, I'd like to wait and get it online for a couple bucks cheaper with cag15. Or should I run out and buy it right now?[/QUOTE]

Well like it's a price mistake. It happens from time to time.

I picked one up.

And yet I'm not feeling the rush I usually get when I find a great deal, probably due to the fact that I could probably get it $2 cheaper tomorrow morning. So now I'm hoping it was a price error to justify my impatience. Oh well. At least instore you can check out the condition of the game, and mine looks pretty nice.

I really need to stop buying games a launch. This same thing happened with Onimusha 3 for me.

[quote name='Mr Durand Pierre']I picked one up.

And yet I'm not feeling the rush I usually get when I find a great deal, probably due to the fact that I could probably get it $2 cheaper tomorrow morning. So now I'm hoping it was a price error to justify my impatience. Oh well. At least instore you can check out the condition of the game, and mine looks pretty nice.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I got it online for $9.74 before tax . . . but they sold out within 5 minutes of update :whistle2:0 I get up by 6 CST anyway, so it was no sweat to get it this morn. The one I saw instore was scratched . . . hopefully the one I bought is nice.

About the above comment . . . I only buy a select few games at launch now . . . so, I'm waiting for drops on . . . God of War, Psychonauts, RE4, Doom 3 . . . But I have soooo many games to play that there is no hurry. Plus, I'm not likely to buy any of the new systems at launch . . . I think I can wait a year while playing my backlog.

if you are willing to wait a few more months this will get even cheaper with the new version coming out.

[quote name='62t']if you are willing to wait a few more months this will get even cheaper with the new version coming out.[/QUOTE]

Good point!

I bought Mario 3 for .99 cents at Goodwill a few days ago (need to get together an old-school tradelist). Many other like this . . . Castlevania 3 for $1.99 . . . Illusion of Gaia for $1.99.

Wait long enough and everything goes down in price :) Of course there's no accounting for the high value of some things . . . I sold a 50 cent copy of the Skies of Arcadia guide for over $50 on ebay last year!!!!!

I just picked up one copy yesterday at EB B&M. The reason I don't buy used games online is because I can't check the disc condition (they might send me a copy that works but scratches all over). The MGS3 copy I bought doesn't have any scratch at all; it seems the previous owner didn't even bother to play it. Even the cover is fresh. :)

[quote name='VGI-Shinobi']I just picked up one copy yesterday at EB B&M. The reason I don't buy used games online is because I can't check the disc condition (they might send me a copy that works but scratches all over). The MGS3 copy I bought doesn't have any scratch at all; it seems the previous owner didn't even bother to play it. Even the cover is fresh. :)[/QUOTE]

You can return them (via store or they will send you a prepaid mailer). I've had good experiences with EB online.

I've been slacking on checking CAG this week (due to the E3 frenzy), but I was in-store today and the manager of my EB told me about this deal. Said he just snagged a copy of it yesterday when it dropped, and when I asked if they had more he said they had a ton. His best guess as to why it dropped so low was due to the huge number of trade-ins they've had on it - he said he imagined it was just too hard for some people.

If they are dropping prices on games that have had a ton of trade-ins, judging by their shelf look for a price drop on GTA:SA soon. ;)

I'm not too sure about GTA:SA since that game is still full price and it's one of the best seller. On the other hand, MGS3 has not been sold very well, it's been dropping from 50 bucks to 40 bucks, and now 30 brand new.

Confirmed over here as well. $12.99 for used MGS3 and there were about five or six copies near me (Lakewood Mall in Lakewood, CA).

bread's done
Back