DEAD Metal Gear Solid HD Collection $39.99 w/ free shipping Preorder 11/02 only DEAD

Almost, but I have amazon and best buy credit, not to mention I dont NEED these at launch, since I will have skyrim in a little over a week :)

Only want this for Peace Walker and MGS3, $40 is still a bit too much considering the release window they've chosen.

Just checked out Amazon's price on the Xbox 360 and its back up to 49.96. Don't hesitate if you want this game at this price, you can always cancel later on if you find a better deal somewhere else. Newegg doesn't charge till they ship.

In for 1 for PS3. Never purchased from Newegg before, are they generally pretty good on having enough stock to ship? (I got the "UPS Guaranteed 3 day Free Shipping)

I ask because I bought the Sotc/Ico collection from Fry's Online (first time purchase with Fry's) and it ended up getting put on backorder and I canceled it long before it ever got to ship and just bought it from Best Buy for $25.

Also, thanks for posting OP. I'll take $10 off over $15 caming coupon at Kmart.

[quote name='tylerh1701']In for 1 for PS3. Never purchased from Newegg before, are they generally pretty good on having enough stock to ship? (I got the "UPS Guaranteed 3 day Free Shipping)

I ask because I bought the Sotc/Ico collection from Fry's Online (first time purchase with Fry's) and it ended up getting put on backorder and I canceled it long before it ever got to ship and just bought it from Best Buy for $25.[/QUOTE]

I've only purchased one game from them (Rage for $42.xx) and it arrived at my house that Friday after being released Tuesday. I've read others that live closer to the distributing centers getting it release day or Wednesday YMMV. Personally I'm willing to wait to save some money but if you have to have it on release day, you could always buy it from somewhere then when your Newegg copy arrives, return that to the store.

[quote name='Bosamba']I've only purchased one game from them (Rage for $42.xx) and it arrived at my house that Friday after being released Tuesday. I've read others that live closer to the distributing centers getting it release day or Wednesday YMMV. Personally I'm willing to wait to save some money but if you have to have it on release day, you could always buy it from somewhere then when your Newegg copy arrives, return that to the store.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I can definitely be patient and wait til the Friday after it releases to get it, I just don't want it to get put on back order and have to wait multiple weeks for it.

by the time I get around to playing, it will probably be in the $20-$29 range. not a bad deal, but I just may wait.

Just pre-ordered the PS3 version on NewEgg. I've ordered from NewEgg a few times before and don't remember ever having a problem, but I never pre-ordered from them before. They don't charge until it's shipped, correct? And for anyone who has pre-ordered from them before, how long did it take after the release date for it to arrive?

They don't charge until its shipped.

And, well, I got Uncharted 3 today, and it shipped out Monday. So, at worse, a day after release (which is better than Amazon's current week-long shipping estimate for MGS HD...for my 2 day prime shipping)

This is very tempting....but I don't want my $45 bucks in Amazon credit to get used on something else because, well, I'm not sure what else I'd use it on..

[quote name='plutoknight']They don't charge until its shipped.

And, well, I got Uncharted 3 today, and it shipped out Monday. So, at worse, a day after release (which is better than Amazon's current week-long shipping estimate for MGS HD...for my 2 day prime shipping)

This is very tempting....but I don't want my $45 bucks in Amazon credit to get used on something else because, well, I'm not sure what else I'd use it on..[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I feel a little better now :)

bread's done
Back