*DEAD* Mountain Dew's Old School/New School Sweepstakes! *DEAD*

wonfreeshoeswi0.jpg

w00t, I was watching TV while playing
when I looked back, I was surprised to see I had won!

I'm 1/18 :p
That doesn't seem too bad at all :)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='xGunCrazyx']

That doesn't seem too bad at all :)[/quote]

Why no. No it isn't.

alotvl5.jpg

It has to be adding up to something.

[quote name='AkariK']Edit: wtf gay... I still have to pay tax? This is the lamest instant win prize ever.[/QUOTE]

I don't know if there is something within the rules for your particular state, but I didn't pay a dime for both pairs of shoes I won.

[quote name='Liquidx01']I don't know if there is something within the rules for your particular state, but I didn't pay a dime for both pairs of shoes I won.[/quote]

Maybe it's only California? I got charged 5.38 tax for my shoes (and the gift certificate was 69.75, so I had to pay 60 cents). Not a lot, but certainly defeats the purpose of an instant win prize. I emailed them to complain, hope I get a good response.

[quote name='AkariK']Maybe it's only California? I got charged 5.38 tax for my shoes (and the gift certificate was 69.75, so I had to pay 60 cents). Not a lot, but certainly defeats the purpose of an instant win prize. I emailed them to complain, hope I get a good response.[/QUOTE]

Well most parts of CA have a higher tax rate than the rest of the country, so maybe they calculated with an average tax rate or something. Well, still got most of it for free right?

[quote name='xGunCrazyx']
wonfreeshoeswi0.jpg

w00t, I was watching TV while playing
when I looked back, I was surprised to see I had won!

That doesn't seem too bad at all :)[/quote]

I think I could post the same picture without winning, as it is easy to get the winning video without actually winning.
I hate the other two videos. They lift up the bottom of their shoes as if looking for dog poop on them. Maybe it's just because I used to be a petsitter.....:drool: I'm SO tired of losing!!!!

[quote name='xGunCrazyx']I think I'm going to play for the other pair of shoes after winning the Superstar 2's lol[/quote]

Remember its 1 win per category. That means only 1 pair of shoes (old or new).

Prize winners are responsible for any applicable federal, state or local
taxes on prize; if applicable, winner may receive an IRS Form 1099 for
tax purposes for the value of the prize. Any difference between actual
value of prize and approximate value of prizes as stated in these
Official Rules will not be awarded.

Guess it's my fault for not reading the fine print. Suck.

[quote name='Coyotezeye']Remember its 1 win per category. That means only 1 pair of shoes (old or new).[/quote]

Ah didn't realize that
Guess I'll go for the little prize pack Arcade Machine they have then :)

[quote name='the_fibbler']Reached 0/200 on the superstars. Might give up soon...[/quote]

eh, I wouldn't. It takes less than 5 minutes a day to do it. Plus I'm sure you'll win eventually, and it will be so much more satisfying than if you went like 1/20 and won. Plus you'd have some snazzy shoes. :p

Wait a sec... I got my shipping notification for the shoes, and it's shipping from Ohio. Now there's doubly no reason to charge tax. Honestly, it's just baffling and stupid. Stupid, stupid, rat creatures.

[quote name='AkariK']Wait a sec... I got my shipping notification for the shoes, and it's shipping from Ohio. Now there's doubly no reason to charge tax. Honestly, it's just baffling and stupid. Stupid, stupid, rat creatures.[/QUOTE]

Still though, these promotions have to obey all state laws... Either California has a law requiring some kind of tax on promotional winnings or ADIDAS may have some sort of business tie within California.

Either way, you're on the hook for the tax if you live in a state that falls into one of those categories.

I won a pair of Superstar 2 old school sneakers on July 8th and received my email code this morning. So all those waiting for their codes should have them or should get them soon.

Won a second pair of old schools for a friend on their account!:bouncy::applause::bouncy:I'm so happy. His shoes are so worn out that the tops are separate from the bottoms in the front, so his shoes "talk".:lol::lol:

One of the videos for the Old School Shoes shows a guy dancing on a piece of cardboard with a boombox, but I never get any audio with that one! Does anyone else get music with it?

[quote name='Gladler']Won a second pair of old schools for a friend on their account!:bouncy::applause::bouncy:I'm so happy. His shoes are so worn out that the tops are separate from the bottoms in the front, so his shoes "talk".:lol::lol:[/QUOTE]

My shoes are beggining to do that too -_- Very minor, but honestly, I dont care >_>

still no luck for me. I think I would be pressed if I saw winners for the xbox but for some reason I can't really remember to enter my 6 free points a day. Oh well I figure I will dump 100 or so in a week and give up.

After entering too many invalid codes my account was closed for 24 hours so i wait for 72 and now my account is banned WTF!?

They give me a number to call but fuck that

[quote name='Metalic']After entering too many invalid codes my account was closed for 24 hours so i wait for 72 and now my account is banned WTF!?

They give me a number to call but fuck that[/quote]

I had a bunch also almost as if they are getting wise to the freebie codes and starting to eliminate them

Anyone notice that guy sitting next to the little character on the Xbox 360 one looks alot like Cliffy B lol

[quote name='Liquidx01']And... I've won a 3rd pair. This time New School kicks... :D

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v469/LiquidX01/untitled.jpg

They've definitely changed the way the page looks after you've won. Not only is the URL different, but a piece of it actually shows up on the winning screen.[/quote]

Could you, uhh.. help the rest of us out and tell us when you are winning them so we actually have a chance to win even one pair?

Just now starting...0/5 on the xbox, 0/1 on the classic arcade game.

Are you supposed to play, or is it just some weird "every 15 minutes" deal?

BJ

I see the car has been won. That $75,000 would have been nice.
Now I've been playing for quite some time and suddenly won shoes one evening and then again the next morning. And then, again, lots of nothing.

finally.jpg

Finally.. after trying entries at all times of night and day, I finally won at around 11:50pm EST tonight. (In case that helps anyone else as to when to play.)

[quote name='draigun']
finally.jpg

Finally.. after trying entries at all times of night and day, I finally won at around 11:50pm EST tonight. (In case that helps anyone else as to when to play.)[/quote]
I'm glad you won!!:applause::applause:

[quote name='Link927']Wooo, up to the 0/190 mark now.[/quote]

It's so weird. My husband's account is like 0/250, yet my son's friend won the shoes after only 14 tries!!!!

Won the old school kicks after about 50 tries. When you place the order thru addidas it lets you choose from a few diffrent colors of superstar 2's. I ordered the black w/ white stripes. I like the whites more, practically all i ever wear but I got the black cause they wont dull out as quick like the white / black stripes.

Trying to win new school shoes now! The gym here wont let anyone wear outside shoes.

Good luck mateys!

bread's done
Back