[DEAD] Mr. Driller DS JPN version $29.90 (weekly deal at Play-Asia)

Better because it allows single-cart multiplayer, while the U.S. version doesn't? Or was that another game?

eurenix is right, the asia version has single cart multiplayer.

It also has an additional game style, I think.

[quote name='Venkman']eurenix is right, the asia version has single cart multiplayer.

[/quote]

Um, then why is this in the description at Play-Asia:

"Battle head-to-head with as many as four players via the DS wireless capability (multiple game cards required)"

I'd bite but I already picked up the US version.

Damnit! I just bought this for 50 bucks three weeks ago. Anyway it is single cart multiplayer and it comes with an extra mode called Doristone which alledgedly translates to Dristone. All the menus are in Japanese but the actual gameplay is in english and if you do have a problem with the japanese writing there is an FAQ at Gamefaqs to help you navigate the menus.

So, US DS can play Japanese DS games ?? Also, Mr. Driller (import version) have English Language in the game or Option like US version ??

Thanks

[quote name='whiteboy']Damnit! I just bought this for 50 bucks three weeks ago. Anyway it is single cart multiplayer and it comes with an extra mode called Doristone which alledgedly translates to Dristone. All the menus are in Japanese but the actual gameplay is in english and if you do have a problem with the japanese writing there is an FAQ at Gamefaqs to help you navigate the menus.[/quote]

...um, is the additional RPG like mode in English as well? I thought it wasnt translated

[quote name='Masterkyo']So, US DS can play Japanese DS games ?? Also, Mr. Driller (import version) have English Language in the game or Option like US version ??

Thanks[/quote]

Most portable systems don't have a region lockout. Even the PSP will be able to play imports, but UMD movies will be region-locked for some reason.

Yeah, I'd be ordering that if I didn't have it already. The Japanese version also has an additional single-player mode, Dristone Mode.

before possibly ordering...is there anything that the US version has that the JPN version doesn't

also could you set the japanese version to english, can't read jap

thanks for your input, good deal i think thanks op

[quote name='neonglow']How long does a shipment usually take if you select the cheapest shipping method?[/quote]
For me, shipments usually take around 7 business days. My most recent order of Chokkan Hitofude was placed on December 23 and I received it on January 4, very good IMO because of holiday shipping.
[quote name='Mind_n_Soul']is there anything that the US version has that the JPN version doesn't[/quote]
I'm pretty sure that the US version is only missing modes.
[quote name='Mind_n_Soul']also could you set the japanese version to english, can't read jap
[/quote]
Most likely notm although you will only need to navigate menus, which should not be very hard.

I was about to pick Mr.Driller up today but I dunno how much I'd play it. Is the JPN that much of an improvement? I might just be desperate for another DS game since all I have is Mario and Feel the Magic...they look lonely on my shelf next to the other games :cry:

Ok, the Japanese version of Mr. Driller is vastly superior to the US version. Not only does it feature multiplayer with only one cart, but an extra quest mode which is where the core fun of the game really lies.

In their haste to get Mr. Driller out as a US launch title, Namco left out the best two parts of the game. Get the JP version if you want Mr. Driller.

Does this still come with the special DS pouch? I don't see it mentioned on the page.

bread's done
Back