*DEAD* NES Classic Controller - Amazon (Limited Availability)

SpraykwoN

CAGiversary!
Feedback
455 (100%)
Yea I know it isn't a deal, but I wanted to share this with anyone having a hard time finding a second controller for the NES Classic:

https://www.amazon.com/Nintendo-CLVACNES-NES-Classic-Controller/dp/B01JT77EDK/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8

Out here in SoCal I have NEVER seen these out in the wild.  Plus it is a limit of 1 per customer so that helps.

ALSO, I am not worried about the negative reviews.  This is shipped and sold by Amazon so I don't think it is a 3rd party knockoff.  

Last edited by a moderator:
Is this one the officially liscensed by Nintendo because I was reading some of the reviews and they say it's the knock off.
Did the reviewers buy from Amazon or a 3rd party? The problem with many reviewers is they mistake a review of the product with a review of the seller. This is shipped and sold by Amazon so I'm 99% sure it's not a knockoff

It's super confusing. Some say it's third-party and others claim it to be legit Nintendo. Who knows. I jumped all over it for 10 bucks.

Did the reviewers buy from Amazon or a 3rd party? The problem with many reviewers is they mistake a review of the product with a review of the seller. This is shipped and sold by Amazon so I'm 99% sure it's not a knockoff
The negative reviews are from like 2016, so my guess is the shit sold out after the initial run, and Amazon suggested replacements, that people bought from third-party sellers, that were knockoffs. That's the problem with reviews on products that are suggested. Either way, I think these are legit, moreso because of the ship and sold from Amazon, and also because there is a time limit.

I have 2 of these that I'll send to anybody here for cost plus shipping. Just an FYI in case anyone is having trouble.

Are you sure? I can add a second order to cart but fail at checkout due to product limit per person
It got taken off the lightning deals now. I bought one when it was on it and couldn't add anymore. Now I can add it to my cart and then go to the cart and edit how many I want all the way to 10+.

Only issue I see is how the fuck do you charge it without opening it up each time? Lol
8bitdo says this on the video on their site:

"You can recharge it just like normal controller. We designed a custom component that fits in your original controller's wired cable hole. Rechargeable batter right on the PCB. Includes a special cable with a USB plug on the end that allows you to recharge. Bringing the 90's to 2018."

Maybe put the special cable into the port that lights up that covers the hole the original wire came out of?

If any of you need original Nintendo NES Controllers let me know. I disassemble and clean them and put back together. You'd be surprised and amazed at how gross 30 years of hand sweating does to those things. $10 plus ship.

I bought one for the 8BitDo Mod Kit.
Would love if you'd report back on how well the finished product works. Many people think the D-pad issues on 8bitdo controllers are due to the way they lay out their PCBs.

If any of you need original Nintendo NES Controllers let me know. I disassemble and clean them and put back together. You'd be surprised and amazed at how gross 30 years of hand sweating does to those things. $10 plus ship.
How well do you find the average controller is holding up inside after all those years, dirt/grime aside?

Would love if you'd report back on how well the finished product works. Many people think the D-pad issues on 8bitdo controllers are due to the way they lay out their PCBs.
The only issue i've had with the D-pad was on my NES30 with the game Double Dragon 4 (Steam). It would drift to the right and it drove me nuts. I'm not sure if its the controller or the game. I played Bloodstained after and it worked correctly. I did update to the newest firmware so hard telling.

That's cool. Still interested in how the modded Classic pad ends up working. They play perfect as-is and I'm not expecting the modded version to be 1-1 without some firsthand reports.

Just an update:

I saw a photo fro someone who ordered one of these and they are the legit Nintendo controllers.  Just wanted to throw that out there for anyone who was worried.  Mine should be arriving today.

Man I didn't think these were super hard to find. I live in central IL and there's always at least 3-4 in the game case at the WM I work at  :???:

Man I didn't think these were super hard to find. I live in central IL and there's always at least 3-4 in the game case at the WM I work at :???:
People say they are easy to find. However in SoCal, I have never seen one in the wild. Hell, I just saw some NES Classics at Target the other day for the first time lol

I received my Amazon order last night and the controller is legit. also in SoCal and I only saw controllers on launch day and re-stock at GameStop.

Yea I know it isn't a deal, but I wanted to share this with anyone having a hard time finding a second controller for the NES Classic:

https://www.amazon.com/Nintendo-CLVACNES-NES-Classic-Controller/dp/B01JT77EDK/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8

Out here in SoCal I have NEVER seen these out in the wild. Plus it is a limit of 1 per customer so that helps.

ALSO, I am not worried about the negative reviews. This is shipped and sold by Amazon so I don't think it is a 3rd party knockoff.

Like others have said, I just got mine from Amazon and its official. Man, first time seeing one and that tiny box is cute. LOL
When I received mine from Best Buy I too was amazed out how small the box was and yes it is very cute. Lol! I do wish however that the cardboard wasn't so thin. I ripped it.

bread's done
Back