[DEAD]@Newegg; 72 Hour Sale w/Free Shipping

@Newegg;

White Knight Chronicles II (PS3): $15.99

Prince of Persia Trilogy HD (PS3):$15.99

El Shaddai: Ascension of the Metatron (PS3): $9.99 [Sold Out]

Nier (PS3): $9.99 [Sold Out]

Two Worlds 2 (PS3): $9.99 [Note: You can grab the PSN GOTY/Complete version for same price.]

Child of Eden (PS3): $9.99

I did not include the X-Box 360 version links for the games as I do not see the same promotional deal for the x-box 360 version of the games. Least not just yet. Didn't want to be guiding anyone stray and end up dragging my fluffy wolf tail in the dirt. :D The price for the 360 versions are higher than the promotional PS3 deals at the moment.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Brother Daz']Well the pirate DLC pack is normally $30. You're better off buying the psn version IMO[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I wish they had a GOTY edition or a complete edition I just like having physical copies

But nonetheless I will get it from psn since us the complete agin. Is the game itself any good?

[quote name='showtimefolks']My dear cags what's the word on two worlds 2? I heard many different things and it's on sale on psn for $10 bucks goty or complete edition.[/QUOTE]

As others may have already mentioned, just buy the GOTY edition on PSN for $9.99 if you're interested. Sure, you won't get to trade it in/ gift to a friend afterwards but you'll get all the DLC included.

I'm in for Nier and still on the fence about White Knight Chronicles II.

[quote name='showtimefolks']Thanks. I wish they had a GOTY edition or a complete edition I just like having physical copies

But nonetheless I will get it from psn since us the complete agin. Is the game itself any good?[/QUOTE]

The GOTY edition does have a physical copy: http://www.amazon.com/Two-Worlds-II-Edition-Playstation-3/dp/B006GVLNV2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1344608030&sr=8-1&keywords=two+worlds+2+velvet+edition+ps3

I'm all for physical copies myself, but with a $44.00 difference in price I picked up the digital version.

Picked Nier and El Shaddai, Thanks.

Not sure why I keep buying games... my backlog continues to grow and I never get around to playing the darn games...

with all the nier talk, fyi for sidequests, i don't want to throw out spoilers, but there is a point in the game where early uncompleted sidequests cannot be returned to
just to keep in mind

Neir is actually not as bad as the youtube videos make it out to be. You actually have to play the thing to get the real enjoyment out of it. As soon as I had popped that sucker into my PS3 it didn't leave until I completed it. The story was so good. I had bought it when it was first released and I enjoyed my $60 worth for sure!

Edit:

Xbox 360 - Max Payne 3 38.95 free 2 day shipping
Xbox 360 - GTA IV Complete 19.99 free 2 day shipping
Xbox 360 - El Shaddai 12.99 free 2 day shipping
xbox 360 - Resident Evil 5: Gold 15.99 free 2 day shipping

[quote name='Rsmobile']I thought Nier was mediocre as hell myself. Tepid gameplay and a plot that ruined its own creativity with heavy handed melodrama so unsubtle that I was laughing at the game's many forced sad moments.

Will never understand the appeal of the game.[/QUOTE]

Totally agree. I though nier was terrible. Horrible graphics, boring story & dull combat. The sidequests are terrible btw. I don't get why its CAG semi popular either. Just my opinion though.

I'm a sucker for cheap RPGs... My backlog of games will mean this probably won't get played until 2013 but I had to pick one up at that price.

And for those who're interested in Child of Eden. Be careful. I played too close to my tv (I think) because I got VERY motion sick while playing.

The sidequests in Nier are awful tedious nonsense. Most people I've seen who even like the game tell you to skip them. There are a few you MUST do on the first run through the game as NG+ only picks up at the second half but that's only if you want to waste your time. All the collectibles are in the sidequests you can still do after.

Not that I recommend this game at all but at least play it smart.

Picked up Nier, Child of Eden, and El Shaddai.

Glad I'll finally be getting Nier and Child of Eden, been waiting for them to hit $10 on PS3 for at least a year.
I didn't like El Shaddais gameplay at all from the demo, but the art is so inspired that I'm willing to give it a shot at $10.

In for El Shaddai. Been on the fence with it, but 10 bucks w free 2day shipping is a great deal.

I was tempted by Nier, but the gameplay looks so clunky. Good music or not, clunky gameplay in a 3rd person action game just kills it for me.

Heh heh, well I was going to ask about Nier in terms of is it worth the $10 and has it ever been cheaper; but after reading through the thread, the answer to the first question seems to be a definite YES :razz: and since I haven't seen any mention regarding the second question, I'll assume it to be no. This is one of those games where I've pretty much been in the mindset of "if I see it for really cheap, I'll get it since from what I've read and seen it peaks my interest a bit"...but after all the hype here, I damn near want to play it as soon as I get it. :lol:

As far as the PoP Trilogy issues, I have the game and so far I've only played Sands of Time and based on that one I can say that the graphics aren't that great - I mean they're upscaled like pretty much all of the HD compilations for last generation titles so things look a little sharper and smoother; but for the most part it's still just the same crappy graphics and they kinda look crappier with the features that are actually enhanced by the upscaling being such a contrast. Also, the sound was pretty bad as people have noted. For me, the music wasn't that bad; but the voice balance was fucking awful. If the voices actually came out of my center speaker, then it was fine; but if they came out of my front or rear speakers, then I could rarely ever make out what the character was saying and it doesn't matter how loud I turn up my speakers because the music and effects volume will still drown out the voices. And the worst part is that a lot of the in-game (i.e. non-cut scene) speaking will come out of the front or rear speakers because rarely are you facing whoever is talking to you and half the time when you are, it still doesn't come out of center. :whistle2:x

So overall, I would only recommend the PoP trilogy if you haven't played the PS2/Xbox games and don't own them. You'd be lucky to find copies of all 3 that are CIB and in good condition for this cheap. I got it for either $14 or $15 awhile back since the only one I had beaten was Sands of Time on PS2 a long time ago; but like I said, I wasn't all that impressed with it on the trilogy disc.

Although I already have a massive backlog, I can't really ignore Nier at $10. Child of Eden and El Shaddai look nice, but I don't see myself prioritizing them anywhere on the backlog.

Newegg has been on fire lately. Hope it keeps up!

Decided to pick up El Shaddai, can't go wrong with $10 (already have all the others). Funny thing is the fact the platinum is rare on El Shaddai is what made it more tempting.

This thread talked me into Nier too. I had already picked up Child of Eden and El Shaddai.

Was going to bite on PoP too, since they have better controller support and higher res movies than my PC version, but decided to pass on due to user's mention of audio issues.

Nier was a pretty forgettable game overall. Its not as bad as the naysayers make it out to be, but nowhere near as good as the people who praise it want you to believe. For $10, its worth a buy tho. As many have said, it has a great soundtrack.

Just dropping by to give some extra love to Nier. I rarely play through entire games anymore, but this game really held my attention.

Which version of Nier is the best PS3 or 360? If the PS3 is the best version I will likely buy it giving all the good thins I have heard. But, I am not going to lie the videos, images, and dialogue have me worried.

I have no business buying games with so many coming out in the next few months that I want right away, but damn...I've been interested in El Shaddai forever.

[quote name='Awcrap']I'm currently playing the third Prince of Persia game, and the audio for the music definitely needs fixing. It's not terrible but noticeable. The game is worth the price from this sale though.

As for Two Worlds, I just purchased the Game of the Year edition for the same $10 price from the PS Store. Just a heads up as you'll get all the dlc for the same price.

What's the general opinion for the other games, preferably Nier and WKCII?[/QUOTE]

i was excited for WKC till i played i for a few hours. Feels like it's extremely deep, but they barely explain anything so I felt quite lost at first. I gave up on it after a few hours; it didn't engage me enough to want to spend the time to understand it's complexities. Combat seemed interesting; you basically had a customizable grid of commands (including custom combos) to select from, and a bazillion moves to select from (bought with experience)... but... done in a way that felt overwhelming, to me at least. Like the exact opposite of FFXIII, which held your hand too long, this just kicked you into the pit of cryptic.

must. resist. el shaddai and child of eden. must. must. backlog too large. no need. poor. must resist. will breaking...

Just went ahead and ordered Child of Eden (since it's the main game I wanted Sunday and have been waiting to drop for the longest time so I figured just get out the way first).

I've never played a PoP game before and I am considering getting the trilogy. Is the collection really as bad as everyone says or are people just complaining to be complaining? I can live with freezes and whatnot (currently playing Fez and it has froze multiple times) as long as the games are good and playable.

[quote name='Kilvas09']Already got everything in the sale, but I'll throw out a NieR recommendation.

The score is absolutely the best part of the game and you're gonna want the soundtrack(and the tribute/Piano albums) after you play the game for a few hours. SO DAMN GOOD!

The characters and story are well above the run of the mill story telling found in most JRPGs. Even some of the side quests had me emotionally invested. I cried on more than one occasion.:cry:

Combat is mixed in with bullet hell and is quite fun. The voice acting is very well done.

I bought this game used and felt so bad that I didn't spend money on it. I returned my used copy and bought it new. Then bought the DLC, which is 100% worth buying for the music alone.[/QUOTE]

I'll completely recommend Nier as well. A great story and definitely worth beating twice to get the whole story. One caveat: The first couple of hours were some of the most boring I've ever encountered in a game. Its literally just fetch quests and whacking some sheep with a stick. Fortunately, if you stick it out until you get the book, you'll be richly rewarded, especially for this price.

If you want to play the PoP trilogy the original XBox versions are the best ones to get. The collection has a bunch of issues, PS2 were rather ugly, and the PC ports had issues with controller support from what I remember. Gamecube might be ok too but I never tried those versions.

[quote name='Dr Akula']I've never played a PoP game before and I am considering getting the trilogy. Is the collection really as bad as everyone says or are people just complaining to be complaining? I can live with freezes and whatnot (currently playing Fez and it has froze multiple times) as long as the games are good and playable.[/QUOTE]

The dialog in the first game of the trilogy is extremely quite to the point where it can be hard to understand what is being said at times. They removed the unlockable PC ports of the original two PoP games from the late 80s & early 90s. The prerendered cutscenes are extremely grainy. I never had the game freeze, but there were occasionally graphical glitches that persisted until the game was restarted. Finally, in order to fit the original 4:3 display to 16:9 they zoomed in on the screen and cropped the top & bottom off the image.

If you can live with the fact that the collection was rushed, then you'll find three well-crafted games underneath all that mess. Each game also has its own platinum trophy to unlock.

[quote name='affa']must. resist. el shaddai and child of eden. must. must. backlog too large. no need. poor. must resist. will breaking...[/QUOTE]

I lasted one hour before pulling the trigger on Child of Eden. I THINK i can resist el shaddai because I remember not liking the gameplay in the demo all that much.

[quote name='Zaku77']Nier is absolutely amazing. It is the most criminally overlooked RPG this gen. The music is flat out fucking incredible. The story is also fantastic, and very different from your standard JRPG story. The gameplay is solid, not amazing, but still very good. The voice acting is also very strong. I can't recommend NIER enough![/QUOTE]

Agreed sir! I rented this thinking nothing of it and ended up loving everything about it, it's now one of my top rpgs. Dat soundtrack btw... :applause:

Great Price on wkc2 definetly worth picking up since it's two games in one package. Picked up POP chronicles, and couldn't pass it up for that price

[quote name='placebo3369']I've had Nier for over a year and have yet to play it.[/QUOTE]

Same here, my backlog is ridiculous. But I'm sort of in the mood for a JRPG, and everybody's positive reviews here make me want to check it out.

[quote name='SEGAMew']Nier is OOS *sobs*[/QUOTE]

I cannot recommend Nier enough, I hope those who didn't get it eventually find it. Earlier this year I took Nier out of my backlog and I could not put it down, it's a really great game and prompted me to write this sig. If you own it, definitely take it out of your backlog as soon as you can. Lots of praise coming from just this thread, makes me want to play the game again and I got all 4 endings already.

Already own WKCII, PoP Trilogy, Two Worlds 2 ($10 Gamefly before I knew GOTY/velvet would come out), and Child of Eden. So I bought El Shaddai.

Man, I guess I should have placed an order for Nier. I skipped it because the reviews were pretty bad but didn't think there would be so much praise for this game in this thread. fuck.

[quote name='Vinny']Man, I guess I should have placed an order for Nier. I skipped it because the reviews were pretty bad but didn't think there would be so much praise for this game in this thread. fuck.[/QUOTE]

Never... EVER read reviews for JRPGs. Unless, of course, it's from a youtuber that is well versed in the genre or some of RPGamers reviews it's basically a waste of time. Most just end up bitching about things that are part of the freaking genre. They're laughably useless.

[quote name='Zaku77']Never... EVER read reviews for JRPGs. Unless, of course, it's from a youtuber that is well versed in the genre or some of RPGamers reviews it's basically a waste of time. Most just end up bitching about things that are part of the freaking genre. They're laughably useless.[/QUOTE]
Pretty much this. The JRPG genre is MEANT to have subpar gameplay, never seeking to actually challenge or engage the gamer. Pacing is supposed to be nonexistent, story-telling as ham-handed and hilariously bad as possible. In fact, really, at no point when playing a JRPG are you really supposed to have fun from the actual gameplay. If you did, then it simply wouldn't be a JRPG.

I will never, EVER understand the praise Nier gets. It's like Limbo in that regard

I'm so glad Nier is sold out, such an underrated game, it's great people are finally buying it and giving it a chance, even if it's only $10. The bigger the fanbase, the bigger my hopes for a sequel!

bread's done
Back