[Dead] Nintendogs: Chihuahua (DS) $15 at Amazon (Target)

Before I order this, does Amazon honor their prices? Because I have a feeling it's a momentary glitch they have it at $14.99 and I want to capitalize on their lowered defenses.

20.65 after tax can get it for this price at Best buy after all rebates

29.99 Then use the 5 buck off gift card = 24.99 then you get a 5 buck card = 19.99 + tax

Also target always cancelled their price mistakes

[quote name='Requiem']Before I order this, does Amazon honor their prices? Because I have a feeling it's a momentary glitch they have it at $14.99 and I want to capitalize on their lowered defenses.[/QUOTE]

From what I have seen, they don't honor their prices.

[quote name='slidecage']20.65 after tax can get it for this price at Best buy after all rebates

29.99 Then use the 5 buck off gift card = 24.99 then you get a 5 buck card = 19.99 + tax

Also target always cancelled their price mistakes[/QUOTE]

The 5 dollar gift card can't be used in the same transaction, so it's only 24.99 for Nintendogs.

[quote name='slidecage']20.65 after tax can get it for this price at Best buy after all rebates

Also target always cancelled their price mistakes[/QUOTE]

Hmmm, what is this, now? you get a gift card when you buy Nintendogs? How do you get the other $5 discount??

I might consider getting one of the other versions, if I can get a deal... I don't know. I have heard you can unlock all the available breeds in any of the games, it's just that each one starts with 6 different breeds... is that true, anyone know?? If so, I guess I'll just stick with my Chihuahua version!

Ash

Good luck, I doubt it'll work out, but you can try. I got mine for less than that by trading in 3 games ($13, no shipping!)

it says free standard shipping when you add it, but then you can't get the free shipping. Not that I expect this deal to go through. Additionally, I also don't have a DS.

I wish I had a sears nearby though...I would pricematch the hell out of it on the 22nd.

[quote name='Arkay Firestar']
I wish I had a sears nearby though...I would pricematch the hell out of it on the 22nd.[/QUOTE]

This is a good idea... I will try to PM it at both Sears and Circuit City (they also accept website price matches).

Well, I wasn't planning on getting chihuahua version but it does have german shepard breed so I guess its not that bad.

WTF, on the product page it says free shipping but when I look at the order summary it says it charged $4.49 for shipping.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']Well, I wasn't planning on getting chihuahua version but it does have german shepard breed so I guess its not that bad.

WTF, on the product page it says free shipping but when I look at the order summary it says it charged $4.49 for shipping.[/QUOTE]

All versions can eventually unlock all dogs...the three versions just determine what dogs you start with.

Roufuss, if you manage to PM, could you PLEASE consider buying an extra copy? Thanks. I have nothing near me that PMs.

[quote name='Arkay Firestar']
Roufuss, if you manage to PM, could you PLEASE consider buying an extra copy? Thanks. I have nothing near me that PMs.[/QUOTE]

I can try, but I have a feeling it will be so YMMV, through the skin of my teeth type thing that I will only manage to get one.

I will definately try though... Shrike thinks I don't have a chance in hell of even getting one copy :p

[quote name='Roufuss']I can try, but I have a feeling it will be so YMMV, through the skin of my teeth type thing that I will only manage to get one.

I will definately try though... Shrike thinks I don't have a chance in hell of even getting one copy :p[/QUOTE]

Excuse me for being a realist. :roll:

Here is the reason Amazon gives about not receiving Free shipping:
Please note that some items are not eligible for FREE Super Saver Shipping. These include toys, video games and accessories, baby items, Target items, and certain heavy or oversize items that incur a shipping surcharge.
I'll pass on this because of the high shipping charge.

[quote name='shrike4242']Excuse me for being a realist. :roll:[/QUOTE]

Optimism will do you wonders :D

I am the great master of YMMV deals, I will not lose on the biggest score yet!!

If they PM one, they have to do 2. There's no reason they couldn't. Good luck. Circuit City and SEARS are the best bets, with SEARS edging CC out, because unless you get lucky, CC's policy is to call and check. SEARS is more...how do you say...oblivious.

This deal would make me buy a DS.

Well, since they don't charge you until the item ships I'm gonna just wait this one out with my order and see what happens. I'll hope for the best and if not then I'll still pick it up somewhere on release day.

How do you normally price match this at Sears? Just bring a printout of the webpage?

Also if it is their policy to price match online prices, why is it YMMV?

I just ordered one too. I'm willing to give up my lunch bag and dog paw screen cleaner to save $10 after shipping.

If they do jack the price up they let you know before they charge your card, right?

Take a printout. Yes, it is their policy to match online competitors, so they will match Amazon/Target. It is YMMV because it is likely a glitch, and when they catch it, they will email everyone who ordered to tell them they are cancelling their order.

Print it now, risk the PM on the 22nd, and see what happens.

I'm trying to find out when the black DS comes stateside...anyone know?

[quote name='Arkay Firestar']I'm trying to find out when the black DS comes stateside...anyone know?[/QUOTE]

There's nothing official.

And NOA doesn't honor NOJ's warrenty. So just wait it out. It's only a matter of time.

[quote name='Arkay Firestar']Take a printout. Yes, it is their policy to match online competitors, so they will match Amazon/Target. It is YMMV because it is likely a glitch, and when they catch it, they will email everyone who ordered to tell them they are cancelling their order.

Print it now, risk the PM on the 22nd, and see what happens.

I'm trying to find out when the black DS comes stateside...anyone know?[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info. I'll give it a try at Sears tomorrow.

"I'm trying to find out when the black DS comes stateside...anyone know?"

Yeah unfortunately nothing official, not even a rumor.

But on the nintendogs.com website, there is a vid of a girl playing with a pink DS.
In the FAQ, they ask, "Where did Brielle get her pink DS"

Nintendo's answer was that it was a special limited one and if we would like it to come to the US we could let them know through their Nintendo forum.

So my guess is Nintendo might be listening to our requests, but we have to register through their message boards.

[quote name='Requiem']"I'm trying to find out when the black DS comes stateside...anyone know?"

Yeah unfortunately nothing official, not even a rumor.

But on the nintendogs.com website, there is a vid of a girl playing with a pink DS.
In the FAQ, they ask, "Where did Brielle get her pink DS"

Nintendo's answer was that it was a special limited one and if we would like it to come to the US we could let them know through their Nintendo forum.

So my guess is Nintendo might be listening to our requests, but we have to register through their message boards.[/QUOTE]

There's a Nintendogs mall tour.

One given out per visit.

http://forums.nintendo.com/nintendo/board/message?board.id=ds&message.id=1673014#M1673014

Will they pricematch this if it says "Not Yet Released"?

I'll print it now, and print again on the release if it's still there.

Got in on it and took a printout to get it in store if the PM works at Sears. No one around me price matches online prices, but I'll give Sears a try. Never tried it there before.

Sears does not Price Match Online stores, unless they have a brick & mortar store in the area.

Amazon - No
Target - Yes (unless it is a web-only deal)

I've worked there four years, I know these things :)

If you find a lower price on an identical branded item with the same features currently available for sale at another local retail store Sears will match that price Plus, give you 10% of the difference. Just tell your sales associate at the time of, or within 30 days after, your purchase.

If you find a lower price (including shipping, handling and delivery) on an identical branded item with the same features currently available for sale and delivery in your area from a local retail store's online site, Sears will match that total price Plus, give you 10% of the difference. Just print the ordering page, including shipping, handling and delivery, and bring it to your Sears store at the time of, or within 30 days after, your purchase.

They WILL PM this because it is through Target, and Target has B&M stores. Just hope the associate does NOT follow procedures and call it in. The biggest PM I ever got (though it was legit) was DOA Ultimate when it was 29.99 (BB) at CC for 27.xx after the 10 percent additional taken off, since it was marked 49.99 there. The girl was some asian chick who had no idea what she was doing...she took one look at a blurry print, in which you could BARELY make out the cover of the game, and then proceeded to give me the 20+ dollar discount.

Its all about who you snag.

[quote name='mingglf']awesome price for a game that received perfect review scores from Japan's toughest critics =)[/QUOTE]

since it matters if the critic is from "japan" or not..

bread's done
Back