(DEAD, now $20.11) Final Fantasy XIII faceplate $4.85 @ Amazon.com

takotchi

CAGiversary!
Final Fantasy XIII Xbox 360 faceplate (350 plates left)

Earlier this summer, the price for this went down, down, down, to about $7 if camelcamelcamel and my memory are correct. Then it shot up to $49.99. Now it's all the way down to $4.85.

I know most people with the older model Xbox 360 that uses these faceplates have probably had theirs succumb to the RROD, but for $5 it's a nice collectible, I guess.

Last edited by a moderator:
I got one of these free from a friend when it came out, but since I upgraded to a 360 S it was sitting on a shelf for trade. I traded it to a friends sister for a movie poster, but the poster came damaged so I was hesitant to send the faceplate and she understood why. I felt bad about it, but since it would cost $2-3 just to send the faceplate to her, for another $2-3 she gets a brand new one in 2-3 days and I get to keep mine. Seems like a no brainer there.

[quote name='Brother Daz']I wish faceplates would be designed horizontally. I never use my system sitting up vertical.[/QUOTE]

There are some that are and I totally agree with you.
I have never had my 360 Vertical since I owned it.

Lol, i remember how hard some of the people at the FF13 Midnight release were begging to get one of these faceplates (Since they were seperate from the console bundle).

Either way, would be awesome if i wasnt upgrading to a Slim in a week :p

[quote name='CaptainJoel']Thanks, OP! My ME1 faceplate was beginning to get a bit old.[/QUOTE]

Thanks OP grabbed a couple.

[quote name='flybrione']There are some that are and I totally agree with you.
I have never had my 360 Vertical since I owned it.[/QUOTE]
I used to, until my son tipped it over with a disc in it. Needless to say, I dont play much black ops anymore.

[quote name='Brother Daz']I wish faceplates would be designed horizontally. I never use my system sitting up vertical.[/QUOTE]

1055.jpg

My personal fave. Though with how much I shelled out to get it, I don't think I could ever put it on my white elite...

I agree that there needed to be more horizontal ones though. Way too many vertical ones.

[quote name='HORSEBORSE']FF13 the game, sucks. if it were FF7 faceplate THEN its a deal.[/QUOTE]
Subjective brah. For the price it's been going for this is a hell of deal. Though I have no interest in ever playing Dead Island because it's not interesting at all to me; there is no way, if it was for some reason $30 some time soon, I would not consider it a deal.

[quote name='ZxT Vendetta']
1055.jpg

My personal fave. Though with how much I shelled out to get it, I don't think I could ever put it on my white elite...

I agree that there needed to be more horizontal ones though. Way too many vertical ones.[/QUOTE]

OMG DO WANT! that is awesome looking man. I'm guessing its from Japan and cost you a pretty penny? I love TOV, and thats a snazzy looking faceplate. Wish i had one like that. I think theres a last remnant one or something that looks really good too.

I guess i may pick one up for my old non HDMI one that i got repaired back from microsoft a while back. I have a fatty black one that im about to replace with the gears of war slim in a bit too

[quote name='The Holy Pretzle']Subjective brah. For the price it's been going for this is a hell of deal. Though I have no interest in ever playing Dead Island because it's not interesting at all to me; there is no way, if it was for some reason $30 some time soon, I would not consider it a deal.[/QUOTE]

Not really that great of a deal. If you check completed Ebay auctions for the last few weeks, very few if any have broken the $5-$7 mark factory sealed and lots of them haven't sold at all. I still remember when they were going for serious money on the resale market before everyone figured out that they were pretty common and associated with a game in the FF series that generally isn't considered among the best.

I've got one system with a Viva Pinata one and another system with the sumo guy from the Tropicana Twister instant win game.

fuck. I had shit to do and figured id get this tonight when i got home so i could look for other stuff to buy with it.. and now its at 20 bucks. Not even remotely worth it at that price. Friggin sucks, i should have got it when i had the chance, damnit

now im bummed

[quote name='Kenshindono']OMG DO WANT! that is awesome looking man. I'm guessing its from Japan and cost you a pretty penny? I love TOV, and thats a snazzy looking faceplate. Wish i had one like that. I think theres a last remnant one or something that looks really good too.

I guess i may pick one up for my old non HDMI one that i got repaired back from microsoft a while back. I have a fatty black one that im about to replace with the gears of war slim in a bit too[/QUOTE]

18.jpg

This one. And I have it as well. ;)

18.jpg

This one. And I have it as well. ;)[/QUOTE]

ya, thats the one.. I fucking hate you ZTX =P I think that was a JP exclusive wasn't it? Want that too, just not quite as cool as the vesperia one ;P

@ the 10 dollar one up now by a 3rd party.. meh never ordered from them not sure how reliable they are or if i want to shell out 10 bucks for the FF one. Its not that great, and im not a fan of FFXIII. 5 bucks was an impulse buy for it

I want this, but over $20 for a faceplate doesn't seem worth it to me. Now throw in all the collector's edition stuff that Europe got minus the game, then I'd be all over that.

Been thinking about importing the collector's edition, but want the PS3 version instead. This faceplate would go great with my silver one and my Deathsmiles one.

that SUCKS. would have been the perfect addition to my cart for free shipping on the nba 2k11 for $19.99 deal. too bad i missed it. heck, i'd rather have the faceplate than the game, tbh (the nba game. loved FFXIII).

i already have a mass effect console (skins & faceplate - looks very nice), so i'd have to take that off. that's not happening, and if i needed a replacement or secondary 360, it would make sense to get a slim. soooo.... it maybe best i didn't impulse buy this, after all.

1055.jpg

I agree that there needed to be more horizontal ones though. Way too many vertical ones.[/QUOTE]
thanks for posting that, bud. that is officially my favorite faceplate that i've seen. only horizontal one i've seen, which makes it that much better. wow that's nice.

did you have to buy a console to get that, or just the faceplacte? did they have other TOV ones? i have a black elite, but as you said, i wouldn't have the nerve to put it on my console anyway. that will always be worth some 'scrilla', lol!

[quote name='twztid13']thanks for posting that, bud. that is officially my favorite faceplate that i've seen. only horizontal one i've seen, which makes it that much better. wow that's nice.

did you have to buy a console to get that, or just the faceplacte? did they have other TOV ones? i have a black elite, but as you said, i wouldn't have the nerve to put it on my console anyway. that will always be worth some 'scrilla', lol![/QUOTE]

You had to buy the ToV Bundle in Japan to get it. However dv8mad was able to get the box it came in (it came in a big ass box, had the script in Japanese, faceplate, copy of the JP game). I think the same day he listed that on his Tradelist, I bought it from him. Prior to that I searched everywhere to try and get one with no luck. I have not seen one listed on ebay in a very long time.

This is what the bundle looked like (minus the console of course). ;)

picture.php

Bought it for $9.95 from OrnateTech, with Prime shipping. Seems like a fine price to me - I've been wanting this for a while.

[quote name='Kenshindono']fuck. I had shit to do and figured id get this tonight when i got home so i could look for other stuff to buy with it.. and now its at 20 bucks. Not even remotely worth it at that price. Friggin sucks, i should have got it when i had the chance, damnit

now im bummed[/QUOTE]
Think that's bad? I live in San Diego and there was this blackout throughout SD. And it happen right when I read this thread and was about to buy it. Major sucky.
18.jpg

This one. And I have it as well. ;)[/QUOTE]

Ooohhh....I love that game and that faceplate is nice.

bread's done
Back