DEAD now $300 -Toshiba HD-A2 HD DVD player $200 shipped @ Crutchfield

dastly75

CAGiversary!
Feedback
9 (100%)
Dead- price raised to $300

Says it is temporarily out of stock but will ship later, still lets you order. Great deal if you don't mind waiting for it to come in stock and ship. Your credit card will not be billed for this item until it ships, first come first serve. According to my email confirmation, my order is expected to ship June 26th. 2 week wait not bad.

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-GG4MiWjdub6/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?g=279850&I=052HDA2&pfxid=k3787

Use code [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]PA145 for free shipping if you use your AMEX card(may work with other cards)

Get 5 FREE HD-DVD movies if purchased by the end of July : http://pix.crutchfield.com/offers/000HDDVD2.PDF

Thanks to FW jmpage2 for the deal

Just for your information, AVS has a thread listing out BR and HDDVD exclusives for the summer: Here
[/FONT]

That's an incredible deal. I just ordered one.
I was so jealous because there was one store in Texas that accidentally had them priced at $199 last week, but after several (fatwallet) people got one, the store realized their mistake.
This is a great unit, and that price can't be beat. My current old DVD player has been acting flaky. When you can get a HD-DVD player for the price of a quality up-converting standard DVD player (like the Oppo for instance), why wouldn't you do it? In fact, this week I almost bought the Oppo for $50 more!
My TV does 1080i over DVI, so this unit is fine for me. It will be a while before I need 1080p anyway.

[quote name='chodax']I would get this besides the fact that HD DVD is a failure[/QUOTE]

Oh, here we go again!

Please let's not turn this into a who's better than the other debate.

This is an incredible deal. Thanks OP!

Kevin

[quote name='chodax']I would get this besides the fact that HD DVD is a failure[/quote]

It's only 199.99 shipped... you get 5 free dvd's w/ purchase... it upconverts... buy it and enjoy it for a few years and then move it to the bedroom. Right?

[quote name='InvaderZim']It's only 199.99 shipped... you get 5 free dvd's w/ purchase... it upconverts... buy it and enjoy it for a few years and then move it to the bedroom. Right?[/QUOTE]

Buy it, get the 5 free dvds, sell on each one Ebay for $15 or so=kick ass SD upconverting DVD player with HDMI out that you can enjoy HD DVDs if you so choose for net of $125....Both Netflix and Blockbuster.com rent HD DVDs....If you just rent them, the threat of buying into a "dead" system is significantly minimized to almost nothing

[quote name='pinoy530']Boo, looks like it was a price mistake. I expect to see a cancellation email in the morning.[/quote]

It looks like my order went through... I received the 3rd email this morning. States something like awaiting inventory from manuf. or something.

I read last month that Toshiba was going to take an extra $100 of all HD players for 'Fathers Day'. I wonder if Crutchfield took the extra $100 off the already $200 discount (that already included the $100 off). Something else weird is that the very bottom of one of the pages at Crutchfield has it down as a $100 mail in rebate. Maybe somebody working 'weekend' screwed something up.

MINE HAS SHIPPED! Wow!
Got the email this morning with a fedex tracking number. My credit card was charged the $199 plus $11 shipping.

It's been confirmed by some folks on other forums (fatwallet) that this was a price mistake. In fact, Crutchfield has it now listed at $399.

The next best prices online right now are BuyDig at $269 and Amazon at $299.

I guess the real big news from this post is if you were considering buying that $200 Xbox 360 attachment, you should instead consider buying this unit. Even if you have to pay a smidge more, its still a far better investment for the CAG...

I saw this deal over at AVSforum, and jumped on it. Mine arrived via FedEx today, so anyone who got in on the deal should be getting their's soon. Big ups to Crutchfield for honoring the price mistake.

Can't wait to hook it up, but I still need to wait for a HDMI cable & HD-DVDs to get here.

bread's done
Back