(DEAD) "Oreimo" Limited Edition DVD Set: SOLD OUT!!!

JoePianist

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Update 12/5: According to Aniplex's official "Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai" Facebook page, all online vendors are now SOLD OUT of the "Oreimo" Limited Edition DVD sets. However, there's still one used copy available on Amazon.com HERE for a relatively reasonable "Out of Print" price of $94. If you missed out and wanted to get a copy, grab it before it's gone!

For reviews of this DVD set, check out Fandom Post's review HERE and Anime News Network HERE

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='XxFuRy2Xx']I understand that anime is expensive to create, I just think their marketing tactics are terrible.

Even if they are niche titles that only otaku like, they have otaku throughout the planet to cater to, made even easier because of the Internet. The more niche they make the product the harder it will be for them to make money, as even hardened Japanese otaku have limited funds.[/QUOTE]

I think you keep missing the point, haha. They don't have the whole planet. It's all about Japan. It's always been about Japan. Everything else is ancillary. Most of their money is made from Japan, and this money funds the production of anime. Without the anime-buying audience in Japan, anime wouldn't be getting made.

[quote name='Razzuel']Yesssssssss...join ussssssssss.

Yeah, the LE might have the same fate. And speaking of the LE, it's pretty cool looking:

ItemDescription
[/QUOTE]
Ugh. I want Madoka, but it is way too expensive. It'll be over $200 for a 13 (-ish, I can't actually remember if it was 13 or 12 or something) episode series.

[quote name='ChibiJosh']Ugh. I want Madoka, but it is way too expensive. It'll be over $200 for a 13 (-ish, I can't actually remember if it was 13 or 12 or something) episode series.[/QUOTE]

Hey it's gonna be around $760 for the entire 26 episode Fate/Zero series on Blu-Ray. That's even worse... lol xD

[quote name='G-Nitro']Hey it's gonna be around $760 for the entire 26 episode Fate/Zero series on Blu-Ray. That's even worse... lol xD[/QUOTE]

[quote name='elessar123']Makes $600 for Shana the Third seem cheap in comparison![/QUOTE]
Neither of those are American releases, are they? If they aren't American releases they don't count.

Also, if your importing Japanese releases for that price, you have a problem.

[quote name='G-Nitro']Hey it's gonna be around $760 for the entire 26 episode Fate/Zero series on Blu-Ray. That's even worse... lol xD[/QUOTE]I may buy that since Fate/Zero rocks. :p

[quote name='ChibiJosh']Neither of those are American releases, are they? If they aren't American releases they don't count.

Also, if your importing Japanese releases for that price, you have a problem.[/QUOTE]
Fate/Zero is. Not sure about Shana. Even then, $600 for Shana's third season? Hell no. Especially not after JCStaff ruined the second one.

[quote name='Tsukento']Fate/Zero is. Not sure about Shana. Even then, $600 for Shana's third season? Hell no. Especially not after JCStaff ruined the second one.[/QUOTE]

No, it isn't. Fate/Zero is an import. It's not licensed for a North American release as of now.

[quote name='Razzuel']No, it isn't. Fate/Zero is an import. It's not licensed for a North American release as of now.[/QUOTE]

I disagree. Just because Aniplex of America wants to call it an import, it is a physical release being brought over by them for release in the U.S. Complete with English translation notes.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']I may buy that since Fate/Zero rocks. :p[/QUOTE]
That's funny coming from someone always complaining about money.

[quote name='G-Nitro']I disagree. Just because Aniplex of America wants to call it an import, it is a physical release being brought over by them for release in the U.S. Complete with English translation notes.[/QUOTE]

It's not being released in the US; they're not bringing anything over. They're just allowing Right Stuf to act as a proxy for importers. The translation notes are just an added bonus and incentive to get importers to import it from Right Stuf instead of other Japanese online retailers.

It is in no way licensed for release in the US; this is a proxy service.

[quote name='elessar123']Shana is licenced, but they haven't even reprinted S1. Don't think they ever released S2 at all here.[/QUOTE]

Funimation has all three seasons of Shana, the OVA, and the movie. With the exception of season three, since it's currently airing, the reason the others haven't been released yet is because of Geneon. It's the same reason Lain, Index, Black Lagoon, and Hellsing Ultimate haven't been released yet.

[quote name='Razzuel']It's not being released in the US; they're not bringing anything over. They're just allowing Right Stuf to act as a proxy for importers. The translation notes are just an added bonus and incentive to get importers to import it from Right Stuf instead of other Japanese online retailers.

It is in no way licensed for release in the US; this is a proxy service.[/QUOTE]
Aniplex of America IS the license holder of the series, since they own it. What they're simply doing is having RightStuf be the exclusive distributor and doing a simultaneous release with Japan. The only difference we have compared to others is that there's no separate, American company releasing it; it's the company behind the anime itself. Because of this, it means it's the exact same product Japan's getting. They're basically cutting out any possibility of a middle-man to release the series.

They did the same exact thing with the Kenshin Blu-rays.

[quote name='Tsukento']Aniplex of America IS the license holder of the series, since they own it. What they're simply doing is having RightStuf be the exclusive distributor and doing a simultaneous release with Japan. The only difference we have compared to others is that there's no separate, American company releasing it; it's the company behind the anime itself. Because of this, it means it's the exact same product Japan's getting. They're basically cutting out any possibility of a middle-man to release the series.

They did the same exact thing with the Kenshin Blu-rays.[/QUOTE]

Sigh, Fate/Zero is different from the Kenshin Blu-rays, the Read or Die Blu-ray, and the Baccano Blu-ray. What Fate/Zero is like is The Garden of Sinners. Yes, Aniplex of America is a subsidiary of Aniplex located in California, but Fate/Zero and The Garden of Sinners haven't been licensed for a proper US release. These are imports being sold through a proxy. Sure, if there is a proper release later, it will most likely be by Aniplex through Aniplex of America, but that's beside the point.

Sure, Fate/Zero holds more in common with the Kenshin Blu-rays, since they are exactly the same as the Japanese versions, unlike the Read or Die Blu-ray and the Baccano Blu-ray, but what is different is that Fate/Zero is being facilitated through Right Stuf for import — it's not a domestic release.

I don't know how to explain it any better. Sorry. If you're not satisfied with that, maybe you should ask Shawne Kleckner why it's being labeled as an import and not a domestic release.

Oh, and Aniplex of America isn't the license holder; that would mean that they licensed it from someone. I wouldn't say they're the owners either, since they're a subsidiary of Aniplex, but since Aniplex owns both Fate/Zero and Aniplex of America, they can choose to domestically release it through Aniplex of America if they desire.

[quote name='Razzuel']I think you keep missing the point, haha. They don't have the whole planet. It's all about Japan. It's always been about Japan. Everything else is ancillary. Most of their money is made from Japan, and this money funds the production of anime. Without the anime-buying audience in Japan, anime wouldn't be getting made.[/QUOTE]You see, that's a big problem. Especially considering Japan's population is shinking, meaning the group of people they feel they can profit from will only continue to get smaller and smaller.

Ultimately, we will never agree on this issue. I just think they need to make some serious adjustments to properly marketing their product, while you two think it's perfectly fine.

[quote name='XxFuRy2Xx']Ultimately, we will never agree on this issue. I just think they need to make some serious adjustments to properly marketing their product, while you two think it's perfectly fine.[/QUOTE]

I don't think it's perfectly fine. I just don't think there's another way, unless you somehow convince the entire world at the same time to like anime.

Well, I hope Fate/Zero comes in a cheaper collection, because I do want to see it. (And I was disappointed that I couldn't watch it at AnimeUSA because their video rooms were fucked up, but that's a whole different issue...)

[quote name='XxFuRy2Xx']You see, that's a big problem. Especially considering Japan's population is shinking, meaning the group of people they feel they can profit from will only continue to get smaller and smaller.

Ultimately, we will never agree on this issue. I just think they need to make some serious adjustments to properly marketing their product, while you two think it's perfectly fine.[/QUOTE]

I don't think it's fine at all, but you can't instantaneously change the way the anime industry works in Japan. Things are improving, but it's still far from ideal; the Japanese anime companies have only recently warmed up to streaming. There is a chance that they will continue to stay as insular as they are now, but only time will tell how things may be a few years from now.

[quote name='TheLongshot']Well, I hope Fate/Zero comes in a cheaper collection, because I do want to see it. (And I was disappointed that I couldn't watch it at AnimeUSA because their video rooms were fucked up, but that's a whole different issue...)[/QUOTE]

It's actually being streamed for free on Crunchyroll and Nico Nico Douga. Although with Nico Nico Douga, an episode is no longer free after one week, and since everything is in Japanese, I don't know how to rectify that off the top of my head. So if you want to watch it, watch it on Crunchyroll.

[quote name='elessar123']I don't think it's perfectly fine. I just don't think there's another way, unless you somehow convince the entire world at the same time to like anime.[/QUOTE]I say we just send Razzuel door to door. I'm sure he can get the job done! Hell, he has plenty of experience from Kurau. :bouncy:

[quote name='Razzuel']I don't think it's fine at all, but you can't instantaneously change the way the anime industry works in Japan. Things are improving, but it's still far from ideal; the Japanese anime companies have only recently warmed up to streaming. There is a chance that they will continue to stay as insular as they are now, but only time will tell how things may be a few years from now.[/QUOTE]I certainly hope change comes. I really enjoyed Oreimo, but didn't want to pay a premium price for something I don't consider a premium product. If they could at least have put it on blu-ray then I might have been more receptive.

[quote name='roger watersmelon']Right Stuf cancelled my order :whistle2:(

I guess that makes the cost of the limited edition versions of Madoka that much easier to stomach.[/QUOTE]

Huh? Why did they cancel your order for Oreimo? Was there some kind of error in the "Stock Remaining" counter and they ran out of copies?

[quote name='roger watersmelon']Right Stuf cancelled my order :whistle2:(

I guess that makes the cost of the limited edition versions of Madoka that much easier to stomach.[/QUOTE]

That sucks. Mine came in yesterday, and I had a split second moment of euphoria.

Apparently they oversold it, and didn't have any copies available for my order. I tried and failed to get more info out of C/S, but I wasn't expecting them to actually have any information anyway.

[quote name='roger watersmelon']Apparently they oversold it, and didn't have any copies available for my order. I tried and failed to get more info out of C/S, but I wasn't expecting them to actually have any information anyway.[/QUOTE]

Wow, that really sucks :cry: I know I'd be a little upset on hearing that they had to cancel my order AFTER the fact has been made that all online vendors are officially sold out. Hopefully, you'll be able to find a secondhand copy somewhere online for a fair price.

[quote name='JoePianist']Wow, that really sucks :cry: I know I'd be a little upset on hearing that they had to cancel my order AFTER the fact has been made that all online vendors are officially sold out. Hopefully, you'll be able to find a secondhand copy somewhere online for a fair price.[/QUOTE]

Yea, I know the feeling. I preordered a figure from rightstuf many years ago. After preorders everywhere ended, they canceled my order.

I learned my lesson and ordered my figures from HLJ/AmiAmi since.

[quote name='elessar123']Yea, I know the feeling. I preordered a figure from rightstuf many years ago. After preorders everywhere ended, they canceled my order.

I learned my lesson and ordered my figures from HLJ/AmiAmi since.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I had them cancel a figure preorder once, and I didn't even get notified. I found out by looking at my order list.

[quote name='G-Nitro']Yeah I had them cancel a figure preorder once, and I didn't even get notified. I found out by looking at my order list.[/QUOTE]

Now that you mentioned it, I think it was the same for me. I found out like a month or two later, where my history said it was canceled.

They didn't notify me that the DVD was cancelled either. I only noticed it because I contacted customer service to have them do a price match on Soul Eater vol 8.

I ordered from the Bandai store, the day this went up, and I haven't received a shipping notice yet. I've been worrying that I'll get a cancelled e-mail from them.

[quote name='ChibiJosh']I ordered from the Bandai store, the day this went up, and I haven't received a shipping notice yet. I've been worrying that I'll get a cancelled e-mail from them.[/QUOTE]

You should really try contacting them through here http://support.bandai-ent.com/...although, I really hate their "Ticket System" in order to contact them about an item because it takes a long time for them to get back with you. Still, I think it would still be worth a shot.

[quote name='ChibiJosh']I ordered from the Bandai store, the day this went up, and I haven't received a shipping notice yet. I've been worrying that I'll get a cancelled e-mail from them.[/QUOTE]

I ordered the limited edition cover art for Lucky Star volume six not too long ago, and I received my shipping notice about a week after I already received the cover art, so a shipping notice isn't that reliable. If they already charged your card, then they probably already shipped it.

So, I set up a notification on Bandai Store to be notified when this comes back in stock. I received a mail today that it was in stock and instantly placed an order tonight. My order is in "processing" and says it can no longer be canceled so it looks like it actually is available. Might be worth a shot, it's certainly cheaper than the anime corner store!

[quote name='z-money']So, I set up a notification on Bandai Store to be notified when this comes back in stock. I received a mail today that it was in stock and instantly placed an order tonight. My order is in "processing" and says it can no longer be canceled so it looks like it actually is available. Might be worth a shot, it's certainly cheaper than the anime corner store![/QUOTE]

Thanks, I made an order. It appears that there is only one in stock now.

Update: Out of stock.

[quote name='z-money']Mine got cancelled. :([/QUOTE]

Tough luck :cry:---it's even Sold Out on Amazon and Robert's Anime Corner Store (both of which were selling at an inflated $180 price tag). Where did you order from?

[quote name='JoePianist']Tough luck :cry:---it's even Sold Out on Amazon and Robert's Anime Corner Store (both of which were selling at an inflated $180 price tag). Where did you order from?[/QUOTE]

Bandai, within a couple minutes of getting an email that it was back in stock. It was in "processing" for like five days, and I emailed asking when it would ship. The response I got was a refund to my PayPal. I was pretty sad.

anyone know if aniplex is releasing or allowing a "standard" release or am i just s.o.L for not buying the LE

[quote name='sigmano9']anyone know if aniplex is releasing or allowing a "standard" release or am i just s.o.L for not buying the LE[/QUOTE]

If it's something Aniplex is releasing on it's own(like this is), the answer is usually no. Just look at what they did to the Garden of Sinners box set.

I think it might due to them not wanting to flood the market with copies of the show like Funimation does. Which drives down the price that they can charge people for it. But at the end of the day, it just makes Aniplex look like a greedy company that has no concept of pricing home video releases in the U.S.

Yea, but say they price it at $30 instead of $60. Then they'll have to sell more than twice as much to make the same amount. Would they sell twice as much at $30? I sort of doubt it.

bread's done
Back