(Dead) Origin Sale 60% off $16 KoA/BF3/ME3 (PC only)

I was in such a rush to buy my $12.50 (after bday coupon and tax) copies of BF3 and ME3 that I didn't do my due diligence and check for Syndicate to be very (insanely) low-priced, too. Fortunately, I just checked and it appears not to be on this list. Whew. ;)

Syndicate is still 60 bucks on Origin. Look for it on Amazon or Gamersgate if you want it for cheap, I think their base prices are 30. GG just had it for like 6 bucks a couple weeks ago.

So after some back and forth communication with EA I finally was able to purchase Battlefield 3 for $13.60 (using a 15% off coupon). Great deal!

I really want to bite on ME3. But ME2 was lackluster for me. I just didn't feel any incentive to replay it like I did ME1.

I did notice ME3 has loads of guns though. Im a sucker for alot of guns. Are they unique sounding and feeling?

[quote name='Cpt.Jeff']I really want to bite on ME3. But ME2 was lackluster for me. I just didn't feel any incentive to replay it like I did ME1.

[/QUOTE]

My friend, don't even touch Mass Effect 3 in this case. Stay away. Stay far far away.

Iw as playing the demo of KOA and it locked up. Kinda not feeling it after that (and I have a solid PC).

Tempted to just wait for $10 or less due to epic backlog proportions.

ME3 is totally worth that price. While the ending is flaccid, the entire game is pretty awesome minus that bit.

Don't buy ME3. The multiplayer portion is broken on PC for a large number of users (myself included, and I bought it during this sale).

It randomly disconnects you from EA servers.

[quote name='TheKbob']Iw as playing the demo of KOA and it locked up. Kinda not feeling it after that (and I have a solid PC).

Tempted to just wait for $10 or less due to epic backlog proportions.

ME3 is totally worth that price. While the ending is flaccid, the entire game is pretty awesome minus that bit.[/QUOTE]

I thought ME3 was amazing, as well, except for the last few minutes....
Namely it's all going great, UNTIL the last few minutes of the game - after you beam aboard that ship and first confront The Illusive Man. From there, the game goes to Hell...

Of course, I have yet to touch it, since the Extended Cut Endings came out. I should check those out, some time...

[quote name='MysterD']Ummm...so why the heck is EA Origin handing out 15% off codes...? :eek:[/QUOTE]

They are not giving away codes. You have to ask them. Sometimes they give them to you though, I guess to keep customers happy.

They screwed up a coupon recently for a lot of people. Was supposed to be 25 percent but it didn't work for a lot of people. So they offered two 15 percent coupons (that don't stack) as replacements. I imagine they're giving away the 15 percenters is tied to that.

[quote name='MysterD']Ummm...so why the heck is EA Origin handing out 15% off codes...? :eek:[/QUOTE]

I don't know why but as long as I been dealing with there customer service (1 year +) if they can't fix my problem they have always offered me one.

I literally tried around 10+ times to get the Steam Mirror's Edge added to my Origin account and everytime they said they couldn't do it and at the end of every customer service spiel they gave me a 15% off coupon.

[quote name='TheKbob']
ME3 is totally worth that price. While the ending is flaccid, the entire game is pretty awesome minus that bit.[/QUOTE]

The entire game is not "pretty awesome" unless you are into third person shooters. It's Gears of War 3 spiced up with conversation but with worse gameplay, visuals and combat. ME3 is not an RPG.

[quote name='stupidproz1']I don't know why but as long as I been dealing with there customer service (1 year +) if they can't fix my problem they have always offered me one.

I literally tried around 10+ times to get the Steam Mirror's Edge added to my Origin account and everytime they said they couldn't do it and at the end of every customer service spiel they gave me a 15% off coupon.[/QUOTE]

I can't even get a hold of them - the chat never works for me, it just sits there.

[quote name='anidais']Great deal on Battlefield 3. Was going to buy it but got a "Payment Authorization Failed" error after checkout. I've never been able to buy from Origin due to this. Don't have any problems with any other online stores or services. :whistle2:([/QUOTE]

Were you using Paypal? I tried using Paypal and my order didn't go through. The sale is over so I missed BF3.

[quote name='HornyPony']The entire game is not "pretty awesome" unless you are into third person shooters. It's Gears of War 3 spiced up with conversation but with worse gameplay, visuals and combat. ME3 is not an RPG.[/QUOTE]

Actually, yea, I do. And while ME1 had great RPG elements, the function of performing actions was stilted (not a fan of the KotoR way of doing RPG business).

It's actually Mass Effect 3 with the same great gameplay, visuals, and combat as ME2. Which is extremely popular. And I doubt anyone is poking in on the ME series at the third iteration, so while your opinion is valid, as it is your own, sharing negativity such as this is kinda moot.

But thanks for stopping by.

[quote name='rothgar']Were you using Paypal? I tried using Paypal and my order didn't go through. The sale is over so I missed BF3.[/QUOTE]
The sale prices still shows for me. The end time for the sale is today at 10am Pacific time, so you have about 2 hours left to order.

[quote name='usagi']The sale prices still shows for me. The end time for the sale is today at 10am Pacific time, so you have about 2 hours left to order.[/QUOTE]

It's now showing as $39.99 for me. Weird...

[quote name='TheKbob']Actually, yea, I do. And while ME1 had great RPG elements, the function of performing actions was stilted (not a fan of the KotoR way of doing RPG business).

It's actually Mass Effect 3 with the same great gameplay, visuals, and combat as ME2. Which is extremely popular. And I doubt anyone is poking in on the ME series at the third iteration, so while your opinion is valid, as it is your own, sharing negativity such as this is kinda moot.

But thanks for stopping by.[/QUOTE]

Mass Effect 2 and Mass Effect have terrible writing. The writers clearly had no idea where the series was going after the events of Mass Effect. Look at the plot of Mass Effect 2. BioWare opted out to turn it into an action/adventure game with dialogue.

But of course, if you are playing this for combat, it's a pretty solid third person shooter.

[quote name='HornyPony']Mass Effect 2 and Mass Effect have terrible writing. The writers clearly had no idea where the series was going after the events of Mass Effect. Look at the plot of Mass Effect 2. BioWare opted out to turn it into an action/adventure game with dialogue.

But of course, if you are playing this for combat, it's a pretty solid third person shooter.[/QUOTE]
both mass effects had amazing storylines and a plot. idk what you're talking about, you probably cant even write a decent paragraph.

[quote name='henrylin22']both mass effects had amazing storylines and a plot. idk what you're talking about, you probably cant even write a decent paragraph.[/QUOTE]
That's an ad hominem! You can't do that!

(Yeah, I looked it up. So what? You wanna fight about it?)

[quote name='henrylin22']both mass effects had amazing storylines and a plot. idk what you're talking about, you probably cant even write a decent paragraph.[/QUOTE]

lol

bread's done
Back