(DEAD) Patapon 2 $14.98 Gold Box deal at Amazon - Sunday 6/28 at 9 AM ET/6 AM PT

Josef

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
"Upcoming Deal
Sequel to IGN’s 2008 PSP Game of the Year"

Patapon was the IGN PSP GOTY for 2008, therefore Amazon will have Patapon 2 in it's Gold Box deals section on Sunday 6/28 at 9 AM Eastern Time. Price will be available then.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/goldbox/ref=cs_top_nav_gb27

I'm hoping for $9.99 or under.

Edit: Price was $14.98. Looks like I didn't miss anything by oversleeping.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll grab it for $10. I was strongly considering it at $20, so half off is good enough for me. Probably the best price it will ever be if they do it for $10.

Could be a good deal, but I refuse to buy the code-only version...if I ever pick up this game, I'll be importing myself a copy of the UMD release.

[quote name='Kush']Could be a good deal, but I refuse to buy the code-only version...if I ever pick up this game, I'll be importing myself a copy of the UMD release.[/QUOTE]

ditto. I don't care what the savings are; I'd pay extra for a hard copy.

I bite on Steam sales because they've proven their value and convinced me that they're not going anywhere. PSN purchases, on the other hand, are not something I'm convinced will be around as long as I like. I pick up games again years down the line all the time.

[quote name='Kush']Could be a good deal, but I refuse to buy the code-only version...if I ever pick up this game, I'll be importing myself a copy of the UMD release.[/QUOTE]

I'm the same way. I refuse to support this foray into digital distribution, no matter how great of a deal is offered--one of these days I'll get around to importing a UMD copy.

Yeah for digital distribution. About time consoles caught up with PCs. I am not a hardcore PC player but I enjoy being able to have many choices on my one card. Not liking digital distribution is like not liking Cruise Control on an automobile. IMO.:D

+1 for digital distribution. As long as the savings is passed down to the customer, then I'm all for it. And with PSN purchases I have redownloaded a game more than once. I say get a big memory stick or hard drive and get with it.

Has Sony been good about doing deals on PSN games? It seems to me that XBLA has a deal almost every week, not always a good one (33% off Operation: Anchorage for Fallout 3 when we all know that there is going to be a GOTY edition with all expansions later this year), but still good values most the time. I would love to get Street Fighter 2 Turbo HD Remix for PS3 if it ever goes on sale. Patapon 2 would also be a great candidate for a $9.99 sale price later too.

[quote name='doodofdoods']I expect this game to be on sale for $9.99 sometime in the near future on PSN.[/QUOTE]

Or even Target...

I agree about the $10 price point in the near future on PSN.

The poster who asked about PSN sales brings up a good point. Where the F are the sales Sony? You used to own MS in discounting games online.

On a side note, I love the fact I'm purchasing a d/l code. However, I have to wait for delivery, and Amazon has to take the hit for shipping it to me. Sony should provide the code only option, with instant delivery for the $10 price point.

Was about to pick up on this deal, but after placing the ECA deal it comes to $19.40 after shipping and taxes. I still haven't completed the first one, so I can wait on a better deal for this game down the road.

I'm not sure if they do any good sales, but their games have been pretty competitively priced. Jeanne d'Arc is going for 22.99 on PSN when it's still 30 at most GameStops.

[quote name='Dolemite1']+1 for digital distribution. As long as the savings is passed down to the customer, then I'm all for it. And with PSN purchases I have redownloaded a game more than once. I say get a big memory stick or hard drive and get with it.[/QUOTE]
Your jib...I like the cut of it. I don't know why people are so adamant of having a UMD copy of the game, besides flipping the game for a couple of bucks when you're done with it.

Earlier this month, my PSP was stolen, along with the memory card and a few inexpensive UMDs. I bought Patapon 2 when it was first released about two months ago. Instead of having to buy a second copy of Patapon 2, all I had to do was go to the Playstation Store and re-download it. That was $20 + tax which stayed in my wallet.

Last edited by a moderator:
$12.98 is good enough for me as well... While I would love for this to be a UMD, at least it comes in a box with an instruction manual to fit on my shelf of PSP games.

I don't believe there is a UMD version of patapon 2 available in the US so if you want this game you're stuck w/ the digital version, or importing from the EU.

Personally I like digital distribution, but I have to admit it's not done right at all (or at least for US customers). Publishers have lower risks, and costs when it comes to digital distribution so why are we still paying full retail price? Well the reason we're still charged full retail price is because for foreign buyers it's often a discount, and I haven't seen any official numbers, but I'm guess they make up a majority of sales w/ digital distribution.

Patapon is the only game where I didn't mind grinding so much. Patapon 2 is such an improvement that for 15 bucks it's a great deal.

Being a digital only game though I only see it going down soon.

[quote name='mikek1975']Your jib...I like the cut of it. I don't know why people are so adamant of having a UMD copy of the game, besides flipping the game for a couple of bucks when you're done with it.

Earlier this month, my PSP was stolen, along with the memory card and a few inexpensive UMDs. I bought Patapon 2 when it was first released about two months ago. Instead of having to buy a second copy of Patapon 2, all I had to do was go to the Playstation Store and re-download it. That was $20 + tax which stayed in my wallet.[/QUOTE]

He who sacrifices freedom for security deserves neither. ;)

[quote name='Vegan']He who sacrifices freedom for security deserves neither. ;)[/QUOTE]

Digital distribution of video games was exactly what Ben Franklin had in mind when he said that.

I'm holding out to be the ultra cheapass - Target carrys this, and after seeing Locoroco 2 and MANY PSP games hit $5 or less on clearance, I'll continue to wait even more (thanks to Piracy PSP games continue to sell like crap, which works for me in the way I can actually own the games for real cheap).

[quote name='Vegan']He who sacrifices freedom for security deserves neither. ;)[/QUOTE]
And he who doesn't mind spending an hour downloading a game instead of spending another $20 is smart. Didn't your boy Ben say "A penny saved is a penny earned"? 2000+ pennies saved.

bread's done
Back