(DEAD) Pre-order Indiana Jones Blu-ray Collection @ Amazon $69.99

i have never seen any of the indiana jones films. i know i know. its a travesty. might have to check them out finally. thanks op

[quote name='masterchief2291']i have never seen any of the indiana jones films. i know i know. its a travesty. might have to check them out finally. thanks op[/QUOTE]

are you kidding me?:hot:

Glad these are hitting Blu. Ditched my DVD set a while back when clearing out DVDs I wanted to eventually upgrade to Blu before moving.

[quote name='masterchief2291']i have never seen any of the indiana jones films. i know i know. its a travesty. might have to check them out finally. thanks op[/QUOTE]

I've only seen the newest one, which might explain why I didn't hate it as much as everyone else did.

Since lucas is one of the writers I hear in this new version on the first movie there will be 2 changes

1. They are going to make the guy with the sword in the village square "shoot first"
2. The new line will be (dubbed in)Jar Jars(dubbed in), why did it have to be (dubbed in)Jar Jars(dubbed in)*

*dubbed in voice done by Justin Beiber

[quote name='Astroranagun']are you kidding me?:hot:[/QUOTE]
I've got a bad feeling about this.... lol.

Anyways Crystal Skulls should not be in this collection....given the fact that a new indy is going to be made. The trilogy should be left on it's own.

I am surprised lucasfilm isn't going back and re composite the effects for the trilogy.

[quote name='Gameboy415']Awesome news! :D
Here's hoping they release a Young Indy box-set at some point too![/QUOTE]

Do you mean on Blu? The "complete series" is already on DVD in three volumes... or do you mean you want all of the episodes sold in one package? They could do that, but it'd probably just end up being a $120 set with the three volumes packaged together.

I really don't feel like paying for the Young Indiana Jones Chronicles until they release all of the episodes in their original uncut versions (with some super old Indy interludes!) instead of the hacked, slashed and pasted together abominations Lucasfilm dubs "feature films" that ended up on disc.

...and if you are talking about putting Young Indy on Blu... it's probably not going to happen since it's 4:3 and was shot on 16mm film. An HD release would look (at least a fair amount) better than the DVD transfer, but not enough for most fans to pay the extra cash... and average consumers seem to complain when things get released in their proper aspect ratio on Blu-ray if it happens to be 4:3.

[quote name='ITDEFX']....Anyways Crystal Skulls should not be in this collection....given the fact that a new indy is going to be made. The trilogy should be left on it's own...[/QUOTE]

^THIS...I really wish the trilogy would be released as a standalone blu-ray set.

I'm not going to bite since they are making a new one, so I'll wait for the "ultimate set" or whatever.

Glad to see they're hitting blu, but that price is too rich for my blood. I already have Crystal Skull on blu anyway, so I'll hope for individual releases & wait for price drops.

Meh I'm in the for pre-order but waiting for the inevitable DeepDiscount sale that drops it by another $20-30 bucks. That this set includes The Crystal Skull should drop it by another $20 :cry:

I didn't think Crystal Skull was that bad. I like it about as much as Temple of Doom.

I want all 4 movies and have no problem with them being packed together.

[quote name='ITDEFX']I've got a bad feeling about this.... lol.

Anyways Crystal Skulls should not be in this collection....given the fact that a new indy is going to be made. The trilogy should be left on it's own.

I am surprised lucasfilm isn't going back and re composite the effects for the trilogy.[/QUOTE]

nah, he just need to go into indiana jones ride to meet indy :booty:

The only one I can re-watch is Last Crusade, the others are decent, the last one was a travesty, in my opinion.

[quote name='ITDEFX']
.[/QUOTE]

I completely agree, but of course I'm going to buy this set day 1 no matter what. I love this films so much, which makes me a sucker who will waste money on them.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-list...&ie=UTF8&qid=1330665936&sr=1-1&condition=used
Oh hooray, if I hurry I can sell my current copy for about $3, which will probably leave me with $1.50 cash after packaging, shipping, handling, and selling charges.

[quote name='Busyman']Wayyyy too high[/QUOTE]

It's not going to be $74.99. The point of pre-ordering on Amazon is that you will have the lowest price locked in on the release date. If it ends up being cheaper somewhere else, you cancel it.

If it's not cheap enough anywhere on day one, than wait for the inevitable sale price like Lord of the Rings, Lord of the Rings Extended, Back to the Future, Jurassic Park, Star Wars, Godfather, Batman Quadrology, Harry Potter, Alien, Bourne, Ultimate Matrix Collection, Xmen Trilogy, Dirty Harry boxset, Ninja Turtles etc etc etc. It doesn't take long for these popular big-budget blockbuster catalogue blu-ray boxsets to drop in price.

[quote name='redfusion']Sweet, three movies and a coaster.[/QUOTE]

Temple of Doom will keep the water-rings off my coffee table as well.

Dear Paramount,

Can you release this box set only without that farce 4th film? Thanks!

Signed,

99% Of The People Interested In Indiana Jones On Blu-Ray

So this will include the trilogy as well as the 'what if' fantasy piece that was released a few years back, correct?

Skulls was not the best obviously, but it doesn't bother me that it is included. The only thing that bothers me is the price. $40 and I'd get it.

just a heads up this showed up in my gold box yesterday for 71.94 for those that are looking to save some more cash on it. I believe when you pre order like this it will take the 5% off the final price when the item ships.

[quote name='gossamer']Skulls was not the best obviously, but it doesn't bother me that it is included. The only thing that bothers me is the price. $40 and I'd get it.[/QUOTE]

I couldn't agree more. I won't bite until this is $49.99 or less (preferably $39.99), and also while Skulls wasn't even close to any of the three previous films in quality, it was entertaining and made me feel like I did when I was a kid watching Temple of Doom in the movie theater. Nostalgia is a good thing, and it's a shame they waited so long to make a 4th film.

Now any other movies they make are just a "cash in" on the name.

What bothers me about Skull being included isn't the fact that is included, it's that I already own it on blu. This is way too much, I'll wait a month after it releases for it to drop to $50.

[quote name='timesplitt']the original Indiana Jones had melting faces[/QUOTE]

The newest Indiana Jones had quicksand, inter-dimensional beings, Tarzan Shia Labuf, killer fire ants, a refrigerator stronger than a nuclear bomb, but unfortunately no Short-Round.

At least it was on par or maybe even a little better than Cowboys & Aliens.

Oh yeah, now I remember why I'm here. This blu-ray set dropped from $74.99 to $69.99. Here's hoping it goes lower.

$49.99 would be reasonably decent for day 1 early adopters. :) I won't hold my breath though.

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']The newest Indiana Jones had quicksand, inter-dimensional beings, Tarzan Shia Labuf, killer fire ants, a refrigerator stronger than a nuclear bomb, but unfortunately no Short-Round.

At least it was on par or maybe even a little better than Cowboys & Aliens.

Oh yeah, now I remember why I'm here. This blu-ray set dropped from $74.99 to $69.99. Here's hoping it goes lower.

$49.99 would be reasonably decent for day 1 early adopters. :) I won't hold my breath though.[/QUOTE]

Sadly i'm a sucker for Indy and i will be buying this set day 1 even if it goes back up to $75. :roll:

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']At least it was on par or maybe even a little better than Cowboys & Aliens. [/QUOTE]

What the? No way, Cowboys & Aliens may not be perfect, but it's a much better film.

Sorry to bump a dead thread, though it looks like we have a release date finally from an email Amazon just sent me.

September 18th.

[quote name='shrike4242']Sorry to bump a dead thread, though it looks like we have a release date finally from an email Amazon just sent me.

September 18th.[/QUOTE]
Damn, now the price is up to $89.99

Too bad they are forcing people to buy the 4th one. Release a box with the original three... I'm in. They can keep that piece of dung 4th one as far as I care.

$49.99 is the sweet spot. The 4th movie is terrible like everyone else has been saying. What's sad is Spielberg didn't even want to do aliens (inter-dimensional beings) but gave in anyway. At 3:02 here he says George called up and said he didn't want to do aliens, Spielberg was happy, then George told him they're extradimensional beings instead. Also goes through a list of awful titles they considered.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rE7fzr6lQ-s&feature=youtu.be#t=3m2s

[quote name='ba747']The price on Amazon dropped to $68.99 today. [/QUOTE]

Yup, but it went up to $75 for me because of taxes (stupid Texas now adding taxes to my Amazon purchases). I think they're still worth that price but I'm going to hold off until Black Friday. I think we might see it for $49.99 then.

It looks liek this will come in a book-style packaging, similar to the ones released for Star Wars and the Alien Anthology. I personally really like it as it saves on space and I'm not worried about the discs scratching or anything.

0009736146764_300X300.jpg

[quote name='ssjmichael']It looks liek this will come in a book-style packaging, similar to the ones released for Star Wars and the Alien Anthology. I personally really like it as it saves on space and I'm not worried about the discs scratching or anything.

0009736146764_300X300.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Same. Saves space which is a priority for me, and allows for a lot of artwork.

bread's done
Back