[DEAD] Pre-order Mass Effect 3 , Get BF3 for free on Origin (PC)

The Holy Pretzle

CAGiversary!
Feedback
41 (100%)
http://store.origin.com/store/ea/en_US/html/pbPage.me3

This actually isn't a bad deal at all, since I don't see many sales on the PC version of ME3, and for $20 more you can get Battlefield 3 and the other digital goodies.

EDIT: Looks like it works with the standard edition too? I got this from the examiner and I could have sworn it said Deluxe only, ah well, editing the title.

Also the PC demo is LIVE! Launch Origin and get it from there.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='bVork']Are you sure about this? I went through the Origin Facebook page and could not find them saying this at any point.[/QUOTE]

From the FB page:

"Origin Insider Deals
Pre-order Mass Effect 3 today on Origin (any platform) and get a bonus PCDD copy of Battlefield 3 ! Click to pre-order and get more details on the deal: http://$$$$$$$/yXhCKZ"

Wish would get code soon. Not going to be playing BF3 if I get the code same day as ME3.

I contacted customer support. And they verified that you could purchase the xbox version.

Here is his answer.

"Thank you for writing to Electronic Arts.

I appreciate your interest in game. I have reviewed your case regarding promotion issue. I assure you my continual co-operation in getting this resolved.

Please allow me to clarify that this offer is also available with all xbox versions of Mass Effect 3."

Looks like this deal is dead, just saw this posted on the Origin.ea facebook page from 5 hours ago:
Effective immediately, the Mass Effect 3 promotion on Origin that included a bonus copy of Battlefield 3 is ending. All customers who pre-ordered Mass Effect 3 during the promotion until now will receive a code to download their bonus copy of Battlefield 3 via email by March 8th. Going forward, customers who pre-order Mass Effect 3 from Origin will still receive the M55 Argus Assault Rifle and Origin Exclusive AT12 Raider Shotgun.

I guess I missed out on the window there, I was actually planning to pre-order it instead of waiting. Oh well, kind of poorly done on their part to cancel it that quickly after announcing it running until the launch of the game.

[quote name='BinaryTB']RE: Demo on Origin
I don't know if this is fixed yet or not, but once you install a "free" game on Origin (e.g. any free demo), it sticks around in your game library and you can't remove it. I had to contact Origin support to get them to remove the Kingdoms of Amalur demo from my library. So if you get the ME3 demo and then buy the game on Origin, it's possible you'll have it show up twice, one of them with the "free" label on the pic.

This only matters if you're care about these things. I do, they really bug me.[/QUOTE]

This. I downloaded the BF3 beta and even though I uninstalled it, it still shows up under my library.:bomb:

[quote name='moatman']Looks like this deal is dead, just saw this posted on the Origin.ea facebook page from 5 hours ago:
Effective immediately, the Mass Effect 3 promotion on Origin that included a bonus copy of Battlefield 3 is ending. All customers who pre-ordered Mass Effect 3 during the promotion until now will receive a code to download their bonus copy of Battlefield 3 via email by March 8th. Going forward, customers who pre-order Mass Effect 3 from Origin will still receive the M55 Argus Assault Rifle and Origin Exclusive AT12 Raider Shotgun.

I guess I missed out on the window there, I was actually planning to pre-order it instead of waiting. Oh well, kind of poorly done on their part to cancel it that quickly after announcing it running until the launch of the game.[/QUOTE]

I want to say I'm surprised, but with this being EA, I'm more shocked this deal ever existed in the first place.

Kinda shady it ended way sooner than planned.. Sounds like the perfect opportunity to get people into Origin's boat.

Valve's done that..hell, how many times have they outright given away games on Steam?!

The day the offer ended was the day the multiplayer demo became available to everyone. I saw it clearly said on the page, "This offer expires March 5," and I was leaning toward getting it, but since I had plenty of time, I decided to be safe and play the demo first. After trying the demo I went to the page to pre-order and the offer was gone.

You just lost a sale, EA.

Glad I got this deal before it ended. Incredible deal to be sure. Then again I don't own BF 3 on PC so it was a win-win for me.

i stalled on this deal, wanting to try the multiplayer and deciding which platform to go with.

i just did a live chat with 2 reps at origin who told me that the promo is still going and that they are having a know technical issue on their website. they told me not to worry and to just order it, that i will get the bf3 code anyway. between what the reps told me and EA posting that the deal is deal on their facebook i guess i don't know what to believe. i told the rep this and he said that the deal still doesn't expire until the march 5th and that i could wait a couple of days until they sort out their technical issue. i wasn't going to order it without the copy of bf3 so i guess i'll just wait and see.

edit: does their facebook page still say the deal is dead? i don't see that post anymore.

Last edited by a moderator:
It is from what I've learned. They couldn't handle the demand or something along those lines. Lasted only 2 days, I better get my code, I pre-ordered bit more than a month ago for the N7 Collector's Edition.

[quote name='LD_Helix']EA sound kinda desperate about trying to get people to use origin with this deal[/QUOTE]

Yeah...no.

Desperate would be giving out a full game people want for free.

To people mentioning this showing in their Origin screen:

Last I checked, you can have Origin only show your Ready to Play games, meaning that any uninstalled demos would not be showing. Sure it's not the best remedy but it's an option.

And now about the deal, if I really wanted Battlefield 3 and Mass Effect 3 I think I'd have jumped on this deal, otherwise I couldn't bring myself to pay full console retail price on a computer game.

Well, EA saved me 60+ bucks by killing this deal...so Can't complain. Both will be on sale for 25.00 or so for the July 4th sales I'm predicting...

So is this deal really dead?? Ohdaesu said he talked to 2 reps who said it wasnt... gahhh idk what to believe now since on the page it says you wont get BF3 with a preorder... but is that the technical problem they are having?

Not to bring up a dead deal but are we supposed to get an email to download Battlefield 3 tomorrow? I wonder if it will happen at midnight, since that's when Mass Effect 3 becomes playable.

bread's done
Back