(DEAD) Prometheus ticket for preordering it on Amazon

[quote name='slidecage']Love how this site now ALLOWS all of this FRAUD talk[/QUOTE]

Um, who's talking about fraud here? *facepalm* :roll:

[quote name='ssjmichael']Um, who's talking about fraud here? *facepalm* :roll:[/QUOTE]

He's implying that ordering this just to cancel it after using the free ticket is fraud (Which I'm not entirely sure it is, as Amazon doesn't prohibit it in the fine text).

For a person who called somebody a bottom feeder in another thread for asking for a price correction, it strikes me as strange that you don't have a problem with what most of the people in this thread are doing.

[quote name='JasonTerminator']He's implying that ordering this just to cancel it after using the free ticket is fraud (Which I'm not entirely sure it is, as Amazon doesn't prohibit it in the fine text).

For a person who called somebody a bottom feeder in another thread for asking for a price correction, it strikes me as strange that you don't have a problem with what most of the people in this thread are doing.[/QUOTE]

There's a huge difference between knowingly getting money out of Amazon based on an obvious error, and doing this offer which is not fraudulent at all. Not a single person here that I can see has said they're ordering this just to cancel. Point me to all the people saying this, I'll wait.

No, if you actually read what people are saying you'll see just about everyone who mentions cancelling says (or implies) that they'll do that only if they don't like the movie. Now please explain to me how that can be considered fraud? Do you think it makes any logical sense to keep a Blu-ray order for a movie you didn't like? I hope someone with a Sherlock avatar would realize how incredibly silly that would be.

And for the record, Amazon has no sort of punishment whatesoever for this. It isn't taking advantage of anything if someone has seen the movie and cancels the BD after. Hell, even if they cancelled right away. No fraud is transpiring, nor has anyone discussed fraud or even immoral/unethical behavior from what I've read. The only thing I see is slidecage living up to his signature.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ssjmichael']There's a huge difference between knowingly getting money out of Amazon based on an obvious error, and doing this offer which is not fraudulent at all. Not a single person here that I can see has said they're ordering this just to cancel. Point me to all the people saying this, I'll wait.

No, if you actually read what people are saying you'll see just about everyone who mentions cancelling says (or implies) that they'll do that only if they don't like the movie. Now please explain to me how that can be considered fraud? Do you think it makes any logical sense to keep a Blu-ray order for a movie you didn't like? I hope someone with a Sherlock avatar would realize how incredibly silly that would be.

And for the record, Amazon has no sort of punishment whatesoever for this. It isn't taking advantage of anything if someone has seen the movie and cancels the BD after. Hell, even if they cancelled right away. No fraud is transpiring, nor has anyone discussed fraud or even immoral/unethical behavior from what I've read. The only thing I see is slidecage living up to his signature.[/QUOTE]

You're right, it was people in the MIB thread that were talking about cancelling before they even saw the movie.

I didn't say it was fraud, I was attempting to clarify slidecage's argument, but again looking at the rest of the thread, I see that nobody has mentioned cancelling that early like in the MIB thread, making slidecage's statement pretty stupid.

Personally I think it's a great deal. I just wish they would make a way for me to use these coupons when ordering tickets online. I hate waiting at the box office, and potentially having a movie sell out. Hopefully they'll offer it for other movies I'm not so adamant about seeing in IMAX so I'm not as concerned about sellouts.

[quote name='ssjmichael']There's a huge difference between knowingly getting money out of Amazon based on an obvious error, and doing this offer which is not fraudulent at all. Not a single person here that I can see has said they're ordering this just to cancel. Point me to all the people saying this, I'll wait.

And for the record, Amazon has no sort of punishment whatesoever for this. It isn't taking advantage of anything if someone has seen the movie and cancels the BD after. Hell, even if they cancelled right away. No fraud is transpiring, nor has anyone discussed fraud or even immoral/unethical behavior from what I've read. The only thing I see is slidecage living up to his signature.[/QUOTE]

that is like saying..

o i go out to a place to eat and pay the bill but if i Dont like the food im going to demand my money back.

and how can you say its not fraud it says

Order the movie and get a free ticket

It does not say

Here come claim a free ticket for no reason at all on us... BUT whatever floats your boat just saying this would never been allowed to even been talked about years ago

The talk of fraud on this deal is silly. Maybe it is a bad move to preorder, get the free ticket, and then cancel the order, but there is nothing in Amazon's terms that makes it fraud. If people abuse it though they'll probably stop deals like this, but still it isn't fraud.

I preordered and I'll most likely keep my order, but I don't look down on anyone that goes to the movie, thinks it sucks, and cancels their order. Honestly, I don't even care if they don't even plan on keeping their preorder, the terms of the deal allow it. Who am I to make judgements on why people are doing what they're doing. It's a movie ticket who cares.

I don't want to dedicate money to something that might suck. However, I am really hyped up to see it.

I never received my code so I started a chat with Amazon to find out what happened. They seem to be trying to state the promo didn't exist and that the promo was 30% off the pre-order. Does anyone have a screen shot of the promo?

Interestingly the chat was disconnected after I forwarded numerous link detailing the promotion. I have never experienced anything like this with Amazon and am really disappointed.

[quote name='TheCarsForever']I never received my code so I started a chat with Amazon to find out what happened. They seem to be trying to state the promo didn't exist and that the promo was 30% off the pre-order. Does anyone have a screen shot of the promo?[/QUOTE]The link's dead, though this is what they had in their email to me with the promo code:

Shrike's Amazon.com promo code email said:
Your recent order XXX-XXXXXXX-XXXXXXX entitles you to a promotional code.

Your promotional code: XXXXXX-XXXXXXX
Promotion details:

Congratulations! Because of your recent purchase from Amazon.com, you are receiving a reward code which you can redeem for a certificate valid for up to $10.00 to see Prometheus between June 8, 2012 and August 31, 2012 at participating theaters.

To redeem your reward code, please go to https://www.activaterewards.com/prometheus follow the instructions to enter your reward code and other required information and print your certificate. Certificate is valid for one admission (up to $10.00). Reward code expires August 31, 2012. Certificate expires August 31, 2012 or until “Prometheus” is no longer in theaters (whichever comes first).

[quote name='TheCarsForever']I never received my code so I started a chat with Amazon to find out what happened. They seem to be trying to state the promo didn't exist and that the promo was 30% off the pre-order. Does anyone have a screen shot of the promo?[/QUOTE]

It was only for the first 5000 pre-orders. When did you order it?

h1spT.png

[quote name='beerme']It was only for the first 5000 pre-orders. When did you order it?[/QUOTE]

I ordered it on the 2nd and saw the same promotional page you copied. After the chat was dropped, I sent an e-mail detailing in a few sentences what the promotion was, copied exact text from the terms and noted that others received their code but I have not. I then received the following response:
"While this website might be offering a discount, merchandise, gift cards, or other items from Amazon.com as a reward for participating in a promotion, the site is not officially affiliated with Amazon.com and we do not endorse this promotion."
Somehow purchasing an item from Amazon was a website that they did not endorse or is officially affiliated with Amazon. I clicked the NO link to "Did I solve your problem?" in the e-mail and was given the option for a call. I was called almost immediately and the CSR noted that he could not find the promotion but that he 'trusts' me. He then gave me a $10.00 account credit. I noted a family member with the same issue and when I gave the order number so he credited her account as well.

This was VERY frustrating and WAY more effort than I ever expected to go through for a promotional freebie. I have been very happy with Amazon over the years, but was shocked at their inability to help a customer who did nothing but follow the rules of a promotion.

Hope this helps someone else out.

[quote name='TheCarsForever']I ordered it on the 2nd and saw the same promotional page you copied. After the chat was dropped, I sent an e-mail detailing in a few sentences what the promotion was, copied exact text from the terms and noted that others received their code but I have not. I then received the following response:
"While this website might be offering a discount, merchandise, gift cards, or other items from Amazon.com as a reward for participating in a promotion, the site is not officially affiliated with Amazon.com and we do not endorse this promotion."
Somehow purchasing an item from Amazon was a website that they did not endorse or is officially affiliated with Amazon. I clicked the NO link to "Did I solve your problem?" in the e-mail and was given the option for a call. I was called almost immediately and the CSR noted that he could not find the promotion but that he 'trusts' me. He then gave me a $10.00 account credit. I noted a family member with the same issue and when I gave the order number so he credited her account as well.

This was VERY frustrating and WAY more effort than I ever expected to go through for a promotional freebie. I have been very happy with Amazon over the years, but was shocked at their inability to help a customer who did nothing but follow the rules of a promotion.

Hope this helps someone else out.[/QUOTE]

The offer was only for the first 5000 orders, which you may or may not have been in, but they gave you the money anyway, and you're "shocked at their inability to help" you?

[quote name='JasonTerminator']The offer was only for the first 5000 orders, which you may or may not have been in, but they gave you the money anyway, and you're "shocked at their inability to help" you?[/QUOTE]

The problem is that the initial CSRs were far from helpful and it required a sizable amount of effort to get to someone that would even acknowledge the promotion even existed. The first chat CSR told me the promo didn't exist, the second told me that if it did exist it wasn't an Amazon promo and when I provided numerous links to demonstrate it was the chat was terminated. Then I got an e-mail that said the promo "is not officially affiliated with Amazon.com and we do not endorse this promotion."

It wasn't until I got a phone call that anyone seemed to even believe me that the promo ever existed. Before I could say more than hello on the call, the CSR stated he was "embarassed" by what was said in the two chats and e-mails. He seemed genuinely surprised I had to go through this much effort to determine the status of a promotion. He then offered to provide the credit and provided a similar credit for a family member in the same situation.

If I had been told sorry but you were after the 5,000 even though the promo page was still up I wouldn't have had any issue. I initiated the chat expecting to hear that or to discover the code had been sent but I didn't get it for some reason. Instead I was given the run around and felt like I was an imposition for wanting to know the status of a promotion Amazon offered. I expect more from companies I do business with and my experience is that Amazon usually takes care of its customers much better than what I went through today.

Ive been watching the Alien Anthology the past few days, was gonna go at midnight IMAX but I will probably fall asleep by the end and I want to watch all the bonus features first also

didn't receive mine even though I ordered it within the first 30 minutes of going live. I sent a really nasty letter asking "if I wasn't in the 5,000 amazon surely would have informed me of this correct, or where they just going to do a quick bait and switch on customers who ordered?"

It's really shitty they limit these. I'm afraid to try my Men In Black ticket now.....=/

[quote name='blitzbllmstr']didn't receive mine even though I ordered it within the first 30 minutes of going live. I sent a really nasty letter asking "if I wasn't in the 5,000 amazon surely would have informed me of this correct, or where they just going to do a quick bait and switch on customers who ordered?"

It's really shitty they limit these. I'm afraid to try my Men In Black ticket now.....=/[/QUOTE]If you've already redeemed your MIB 3 code and have the voucher from Hollywood Movie Money, it's valid and will work.

I have 4 of the codes from other Blurays I have bought and I was wondering if anyone has been able to use theirs towards buying gift cards from amazon?

[quote name='outcastjon']I have 4 of the codes from other Blurays I have bought and I was wondering if anyone has been able to use theirs towards buying gift cards from amazon?[/QUOTE]

Please, play in traffic.

[quote name='blitzbllmstr']didn't receive mine even though I ordered it within the first 30 minutes of going live. I sent a really nasty letter asking "if I wasn't in the 5,000 amazon surely would have informed me of this correct, or where they just going to do a quick bait and switch on customers who ordered?"

It's really shitty they limit these. I'm afraid to try my Men In Black ticket now.....=/[/QUOTE]

did you check your e-mail that you have linked to your amazon account

i used my ticket today watched it in 3D i didn't like it the 3D Sucked @SS did Anyone watch it yet if you did did you like the movie and did you watch it 2D or 3D

lol yes I checked my email not my first rodeo lol, but yeah got a response from my email. According to Amazon the promotion expired at 11:59 PM PST on June 1st.....uh huh....they gave me a 10.00 credo as a one time "convenience" also known as "hey this guy has over $500+ of pre orders on the site give him whatever he wants"

used the code for MIB 3 yesterday not an issue so...

Saw the movie tonight in IMAX 3D. I actually really liked the movie, but the 3D is basically non existent. The ticket was like $18 so even with the $10 off coupon it was pricey. First IMAX movie though so that was cool.

Does anyone know if the ticket you print out is only good at one specific theater or can you go see Prometheus anywhere? what I mean is that I printed out my ticket awhile ago, but I remember the website asking me to select a local nearby theater before printing out my ticket. I chose a local amc theater. Does that mean the ticket is locked down to go only to that amc, or can I just use it anywhere? Like a regal theater.

[quote name='ClevelandBrowns']Saw the movie tonight in IMAX 3D. I actually really liked the movie, but the 3D is basically non existent. The ticket was like $18 so even with the $10 off coupon it was pricey. First IMAX movie though so that was cool.[/QUOTE]

Real IMAX or fake theater IMAX?
I don't think many theater goers know the difference is why I ask.

[quote name='slidecage']that is like saying..

o i go out to a place to eat and pay the bill but if i Dont like the food im going to demand my money back.
[/QUOTE]
i was at a resturant, ordered food, ate half of it, hated it and they gave me the option for different food when i complained. so i got an extra meal for free.

[quote name='starmask2k3']i used my ticket today watched it in 3D i didn't like it the 3D Sucked @SS did Anyone watch it yet if you did did you like the movie and did you watch it 2D or 3D[/QUOTE]

Saw it in 2D and loved it. Not a fan of 3D, I haven't watched a movie with it since Avatar.

I used mine to see it in 3D. I don't usually watch movies in 3D, can't remember the last one I did, but I had a feeling I might enjoy this in 3D and I did. It's the the more subtle type of 3D that, IMO added to the movie. It had none of the gimmicky stuff flying at your face 3D.

Saw it, 3d didnt really add anthing, I didnt think it subtracted from the experience though. Probably not my favorite Ridley Scott movie either.

[quote name='XzMrHitDatHoezX']So was the ending to prometheus suppose to be the prequel to aliens?[/QUOTE]

No.
Prometheus took place on an entirely different planet as Alien. There are a bunch of theories as to the connection. If you look at Alien, which took place in 2122, that team found petrified space jockey remains. Petrification takes thousands of years. And in Alien the SJ they found had its chest exploded. Therefore, the prevailing theory is that the SJs found the Alien planet thousands of years ago (the planet in Alien), and found out the special properties of the Alien DNA and refined it into a weapon (the black ooze in Prometheus), the derelict ship and the SJ with its chest exploded was just an unfortunate victim of the dangeous effort to capture the Alien.
So then at the end of Prometheus, with the "Alien" coming out, it just links the two movies, that yes in fact, the Space Jockeys were playing with Alien DNA.

You can tell in Prometheus they had already discovered the Alien that we all know by the mural on the wall. Looking closely in the room with the big head, when the team looks at the mural behind it, you can make out a black alien as part of the painting.

So as a result, the end of Prometheus is in fact, not the prequel to Alien, just a link to the old movie. Said another way, the Sequel to Prometheus is not Alien. The Sequel is going to be the story of taking the ship to the Space Jockeys home world and causing a ruckus.

[quote name='cod4rulez4']
The Sequel is going to be the story of taking the ship to the Space Jockeys home world and causing a ruckus.
[/QUOTE]

and i can't wait. haters gonna hate, but i really liked prometheus and would love to see noomi rapace and the head of michael fassbender breakin' shit on the engineer homeworld.

[quote name='whoknows']
I doubt that would be very successful, considering they couldn't even take down one. They'll land and die
[/QUOTE]

That would be a better movie.

bread's done
Back