[DEAD] Prototype (Xbox 360) - $19.99

seems like we need a consolidated "Amazon Matches GS Game Days Sale" thread..

I picked this up for $20 though too, at Target. I can say that inFamous wins over this any day (if you've got a PS3). Prototype was just too clumsy and all over the place..still a good game, gonna get back into one day..

It's a great game, I'd pick it up myself if I hadn't already done most of what there is to do in it on a friend's copy and/or didn't have such a huge backlog as it is.

[quote name='token2k6']seems like we need a consolidated "Amazon Matches GS Game Days Sale" thread..

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, no kidding. I stumbled upon some Amazon prices by accident yesterday, didn't realize they were matching some of them.

As someone that played through inFAMOUS twice, I can tell you that Prototype is a game that stands up well on its own merits.

inFAMOUS may be the better game, but, based on what I've played so far, Prototype is shaping up to be a surprisingly close second. Definitely worth a look for those that are curious.

Loved Infamous so I ordered the PS3 version from Gamestop.com the other day for the same price. Normally I'd rather order it from Amazon, but the $20 off $80 deal from yesterday made that the better deal. Still, this is nice as it qualifies for free shipping over $25 and is tax free.

It was definitely overshadowed (and rightly so) by Infamous, but Prototype was a very fun game and well worth the $20 in my opinion.

[quote name='Geello']Prototype is the first game I've beaten in one sitting in a long, long time.
Go for it![/QUOTE]

how long is the game?

[quote name='trunks982']how long is the game?[/QUOTE]

i beat it in like 15 hours with minimal screwing around. still got a ton of events to complete and junk to collect, and i'm inclined to try playing on Hard. i personally thought the whole game was awesome as hell. went in not expecting too much and was impressed by every aspect. i can't imagine inFAMOUS being better, but i look forward to finding out for myself.

Showing $29.00 even now for 360, guess it was short-lived. Luckily I've seen many copies at Gamestops around town, so I'll keep it in mind and see if another deal comes up.

bread's done
Back