DEAD (PS3) Mad Catz SoulCalibur V Arcade FightStick $70.91 on amazon.com

[quote name='BackInBlack']Dear god, I do not NEED this at all but ffs the Sanwa parts would cost $50 bucks alone.[/QUOTE]

lowest I've seen for TE/Sanwa all stick, yeah your right about the sanwa parts being $50!

I'm a Tekken player and I'm wondering if this is a good stick? Is it recommended? I've never owned a fight stick before.

[quote name='Francision']I'm a Tekken player and I'm wondering if this is a good stick? Is it recommended? I've never owned a fight stick before.[/QUOTE]

These sticks msrp at 160 bucks and have top notch japanese arcade parts.

As far as the button layout goes these have the hori layout which is the exact same as the new TTT2 madcatz sticks have. The viewlix layout is a little different but it all comes down to preference, you can't go wrong with such a great stick for the price. Amazon is basically getting rid of these at this price.

Great stick for a great price. I have the SCV Hori stick which i got for 99, but I'm sure it has the exact same parts inside which are Sanwa buttons and joystick. The good thing about MadCatz is the buttons are pretty large

Thanks, I'll get this then. I think I'll be fine with the layout, just gotta configure it when I boot it up in Tekken. 70 bucks sounds like a steal so I'm excited!

excellent deal, thanks CaoPi!

If this stick is in stock tomorrow im going to order one. I have to many sticks now but there is always room for one more I suppose. :D

Thanks OP.

$76.41 shipped to my house, estimated delivery is Thursday.

Even with tax, this is the best price I've seen for a TE quality stick.

I saw this on slickdeals so if you are interested in a stick you might want to jump on it soon.

Wow, I ordered it at $77, and then it drops $7 less than an hour after I place it. I just got off the phone w/ Amazon CS, and they wouldn't credit me back the $7 :( They said to place another order for it, and then they'll have UPS hold the original order which will eventually get sent back to them... I don't understand how this is convenient for either party... It's not easier to just credit me back the $7?

[quote name='antlp89']Thanks OP.

$76.41 shipped to my house, estimated delivery is Thursday.

Even with tax, this is the best price I've seen for a TE quality stick.

I saw this on slickdeals so if you are interested in a stick you might want to jump on it soon.[/QUOTE]

Had it in my cart for the following weeks, been keeping my eye on the price changes! ;)

[quote name='CaoPi']lowest I've seen for TE/Sanwa all stick, yeah your right about the sanwa parts being $50![/QUOTE]

This is the lowest I've ever seen a full size all Sanwa-based stick & I check all the time. And yes, the Sanwa parts (JLF joystick lever, 8 x OBSF-30 & 2 x OBSF-24) alone cost $55+ by themselves.

[quote name='Francision']I'm a Tekken player and I'm wondering if this is a good stick? Is it recommended? I've never owned a fight stick before.[/QUOTE]

Since you're a Tekken player, I highly recommend the Omni K-stick since it has the most popular joystick lever (Myoungshin Fanta) & buttons (Crown CWB203A) for that game assuming you can justify the price difference ($200+ vs $71 - $77 depending on tax). If you can't justify the price difference and/or money's tight then yes, the Madcatz SCV stick's very good overall for all types of fighting games especially since it has world renowned Sanwa parts (most popular Japanese-style arcade joystick lever & buttons).

http://etokki.com/Omni-Korean-Edition

[quote name='BackInBlack']These sticks msrp at 160 bucks and have top notch japanese arcade parts.

As far as the button layout goes these have the hori layout which is the exact same as the new TTT2 madcatz sticks have. The viewlix layout is a little different but it all comes down to preference, you can't go wrong with such a great stick for the price. Amazon is basically getting rid of these at this price.[/QUOTE]

Actually, this stick's layout is called the Namco Noir layout (from Namco's arcade machines) which in turn is based on the old Sega Astro City layout from back in the day. I agree, it's just personal preference although I prefer the Vewlix (not Viewlix) layout myself.

[quote name='ahchamna']Great stick for a great price. I have the SCV Hori stick which i got for 99, but I'm sure it has the exact same parts inside which are Sanwa buttons and joystick. The good thing about MadCatz is the buttons are pretty large[/QUOTE]

Yes, same exact joystick lever & buttons (so same size buttons as your Hori SCV stick).

[quote name='pinoyunggoy']Oh Geez, do I really need another fight stick... Added to cart, debating whether to pull the trigger. Fantastic price![/QUOTE]

I'm not a big fan of this layout but at this price, I had to jump on it too. I guess this will be for guests when they come over (I don't feel comfy with others using my Hori VLX's). Love the 3 different shades of the translucent case! Only mods I'll probably end up doing are changing out the 8-main buttons for some matching translucent Sanwa buttons & the balltop. FWIW, this stick's based off of the Madcatz TE-S stick line which has an improved PCB (for reliability compared to the 1st gen. TE line up although I never had issues with all of my 1st gen. TE's) & locks the Start/Select buttons in addition to locking the turbo settings.

Last edited by a moderator:
My friends got one of these sticks, and i absolutely loved it, he paid the full price. He is goign to pretty annoyed when he finds out the price I got it for.
stick

[quote name='Nucking Futs!']This is the lowest I've ever seen a full size all Sanwa-based stick & I check all the time. And yes, the Sanwa parts (JLF joystick lever, 8 x OBSF-30 & 2 x OBSF-24) alone cost $55+ by themselves.

Since you're a Tekken player, I highly recommend the Omni K-stick since it has the most popular joystick lever (Myoungshin Fanta) & buttons (Crown CWB203A) for that game assuming you can justify the price difference ($200+ vs $71 - $77 depending on tax). If you can't justify the price difference and/or money's tight then yes, the Madcatz SCV stick's very good overall for all types of fighting games especially since it has world renowned Sanwa parts (most popular Japanese-style arcade joystick lever & buttons).

http://etokki.com/Omni-Korean-Edition

Actually, this stick's layout is called the Namco Noir layout (from Namco's arcade machines) which in turn is based on the old Sega Astro City layout from back in the day. I agree, it's just personal preference although I prefer the Vewlix (not Viewlix) layout myself.

Yes, same exact joystick lever & buttons (so same size buttons as your Hori SCV stick).

I'm not a big fan of this layout but at this price, I had to jump on it too. I guess this will be for guests when they come over (I don't feel comfy with others using my Hori VLX's). Love the 3 different shades of the translucent case! Only mods I'll probably end up doing are changing out the 8-main buttons for some matching translucent Sanwa buttons & the balltop. FWIW, this stick's based off of the Madcatz TE-S stick line which has an improved PCB (for reliability compared to the 1st gen. TE line up) & locks the Start/Select buttons in addition to locking the turbo settings.[/QUOTE]

You've convinced me to buy it, especially after I watched some YouTube reviews. It also helped that I remembered I had $15 amazon credit, so I got it for $60.xx after tax!

[quote name='pinoyunggoy']You've convinced me to buy it, especially after I watched some YouTube reviews. It also helped that I remembered I had $15 amazon credit, so I got it for $60.xx after tax![/QUOTE]

Glad I could help although I wasn't trying to persuade you one way or another, LOL! Just spitting out facts & my humble opinion. This is one of the rare times where I prefer a Madcatz stick over a Hori stick (for the same themed stick, in this case the SCV sticks) since the slight wrist rest angle feels much more comfy compared to the same area on the Hori version.

BTW, here are upclose pics of it & the nice artwork on the retail box (scroll down in both links for more pics):

http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.ph...-no-image-quoting.75228/page-449#post-6366072

http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.ph...station-3-xbox-360.148132/page-4#post-6366617

Last edited by a moderator:
Yay! Ordered it before the deal expired. Got it for $76+ w/tax. Not a bad deal and I'm so excited since this will be my first arcade stick. Thanks OP!

For once, i'm glad i didn't see a deal until after it died. Have a TE stick that works perfectly, have a serviceable backup stick, and none of my friends play fighters on joysticks, meaning i'd have no way to rationalize buying this at all... and i'd have still done it for $70.

Almost pulled the trigger on this, congrats to those that got one. It's pretty great.

Let me know when the 360 one drops like this!

bread's done
Back