(DEAD) Punch-Out!! (Wii) $40 at Amazon

Justin42

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Edit-- price back to $49.99 as of 5/22.

[IMG-R=5137]7131[/IMG-R]Little Mac for a little price. Amazon is offering next week's Punch-Out!! for $39.99.

:wii: Punch-Out!! $39.99

Had noticed this game was in my Gold Box Quick Picks deals at $46.99 and it suddenly just dropped to $37.99, so I checked and Amazon's dropped the price to $39.99. Not sure if it's an MSRP drop or if Amazon made a mistake or if this is just a nice sale to drum up support after Excitebots had a dismal launch.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's in my Quick Picks for $37.99. I guess I need to sign up for the ECA membership now. I was planning to pick up the game at Best Buy with the $10 gift card coupon...

Wow! Good for Nintendo for dropping the free order price instead of sinking money into advertising. By moving up the most ordered items list it creates advertising and happy customers.

[quote name='masked lemon']If I choose the free 5 -9 day shipping, does that start on the release date for the game, or when I place the order?[/QUOTE]

They can't ship you the game if they don't have it. The earliest it will get to you is on release date(in the majority of cases) so 5-9 days from that Tuesday is when you will likely receive it

Hmm I was all set to go to Best Buy next week and get it with a $10 gift card, but now I can get it for $14 off after ECA. Good deal.

Yeah... the $10 I would save would just be spent on 1 day shipping... Hopefully there will be similar deals at B&M stores.

Even though Amazon still has their preorder gurantee I didn't want to chance it since I had both the 5% Gold Box and 10% ECA discount, so I called and they adjusted the price before hand. My order total is now $33.99 with Prime 2 Day shipping... can't beat that :).. Thanks OP

Just in case anyone is interested, I believe Target will be selling it next week bundled with a nunchuk for $54. I imagine with tax that's about $60, which would be the same price as getting it on Amazon.

You know. Just in case anyone wanted to know.

[quote name='spree4567']Excitebots sold 13K copies in April, which is awful. I can't believe it sold that poorly and yet other far worse games sell better. Although it didn't help that Nintendo didn't market it at all.

http://www.destructoid.com/excitebots-sells-a-pathetic-13-000-copies-in-us-132217.phtml[/QUOTE]

It also didn't help that it's just a re-skinned version of Excite Truck which is a great game, but not worth buying in a kid-friendly "bots" version.

[quote name='bojay1997']It also didn't help that it's just a re-skinned version of Excite Truck which is a great game, but not worth buying in a kid-friendly "bots" version.[/QUOTE]

I've never played Excite Truck so can't comment on a comparison, but Excite Bots, for one thing, has great online play. I didn't think Excite Trucks had online play? I love the betting idea too - bet on your online races. Awesome. It's a really great game. Definitely should check it out.

[quote name='spree4567']Excitebots sold 13K copies in April, which is awful. I can't believe it sold that poorly and yet other far worse games sell better. Although it didn't help that Nintendo didn't market it at all.

http://www.destructoid.com/excitebots-sells-a-pathetic-13-000-copies-in-us-132217.phtml[/QUOTE]

I initially thought it was just another shovelware 3rd party game capitalizing on the excite name. Now that I know it is supposed to be part of the Excite Series, I will probably get it.

[quote name='crunchewy']I've never played Excite Truck so can't comment on a comparison, but Excite Bots, for one thing, has great online play. I didn't think Excite Trucks had online play? I love the betting idea too - bet on your online races. Awesome. It's a really great game. Definitely should check it out.[/QUOTE]

I can't speak to the online racing because I don't know other people that actually own it, but I was incredibly disappointed in this game when I picked it up last week after being a huge Excite Truck fan. The whole concept of weird mechanical animal or bug like vehicles is just completely dumb. It offers very little new to the Excite Truck gameplay and some of the environments are clearly rehashed from the first game. As such, I wouldn't recommend this game to anyone other than maybe an eight year old boy.

Thanks for the heads up OP, one quick phone call and my order has been adjusted to $34.99 since I used a $5 off code on my previous order.

My most anticipated game of the year for only $35, man the pricing on Wii games a lot of the times rock. I guess that's the benefit of no HD (though I love HD).

I am pumped for this game, I loved Tysons Punch-out. I was very happy to see that you can use buttons and play it old school style. I very much dislike the retarded Wii wave your arms controls and wish every game would allow you to play like a civilized person. :)

[quote name='$hady']I very much dislike the retarded Wii wave your arms controls and wish every game would allow you to play like a civilized person. :)[/QUOTE]

haha, great way of putting it. :) Although I think it's great in some games.

[quote name='$hady']I am pumped for this game, I loved Tysons Punch-out. I was very happy to see that you can use buttons and play it old school style. I very much dislike the retarded Wii wave your arms controls and wish every game would allow you to play like a civilized person. :)[/QUOTE]

So you would rather push buttons that feel like you are actually boxing ?

Ok, what ever works for you.

[quote name='$hady']I am pumped for this game, I loved Tysons Punch-out. I was very happy to see that you can use buttons and play it old school style. I very much dislike the retarded Wii wave your arms controls and wish every game would allow you to play like a civilized person. :)[/QUOTE]

Seconded. I didn't know it had that option... I guess I might actually get it now...

[quote name='fshaia']So you would rather push buttons that feel like you are actually boxing ?

Ok, what ever works for you.[/QUOTE]

When have u ever played Punch Out and thought, "This is fun. But u know what would make it MORE fun? If I could play-act the fights and punch in the air! WEEEEE!!!!!" :D

I don't see how mock boxing with my Wii will make me NOT feel like a tool. Especially if someone walked into the room while I was doing that...

"TAKE THIS, KING HIPPO!!! HYAAAAH!!!! PUNCH!!! KAPOW!!!" :roll:

[quote name='fshaia']So you would rather push buttons that feel like you are actually boxing ?

Ok, what ever works for you.[/QUOTE]

Yes, yes I would. If I want to box i'll go to the gym. If I want to swing a sword i'll go to a Star Wars convention. I can go on all day....

The only Wii game that's kinda fun using motion in is Mario Kart but i'd rather use the wavebird. I prefer buttons but my casual gaming friends rave over the motion controlled gimmick. Give us both and let us play how we want rather than pushing one set of people aside.

1. What is the ECA discount?

2. Have there been any reviews for this yet? I'm thinking I should save my money for the UFC game if this is basically just Punch-Out rehashed.

[quote name='Chris in Cali']1. What is the ECA discount?

2. Have there been any reviews for this yet? I'm thinking I should save my money for the UFC game if this is basically just Punch-Out rehashed.[/QUOTE]

1. Basically you pay $15 or $20 for a membership to the ECA and you save 10% on Amazon game purchases.
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=219382

2. I'm planning to Gamefly Punch-out and buying UFC for the same reasons you mentioned. This will be good but UFC will have alot more replay value with online and create a guy career modes.

I'm already pre-ordered, I guess the price should auto adjust in 24 hours?

"The order summary in Your Account will reflect the lowest price within 24 hours of the price change."

[quote name='jas0']I'm already pre-ordered, I guess the price should auto adjust in 24 hours?

"The order summary in Your Account will reflect the lowest price within 24 hours of the price change."[/QUOTE]

I already pre-ordered too, but didn't want to chance it so I wrote them an email just to be sure.

Been looking for the right game deal to get me to join the ECA. This one finally did it. Considering the 10% off, the 7% sales tax and the $10 off, I just covered the membership compared to buying this at Gamestop (which is where I would heve wound up on release day).

I'm sure they knew it won't be successful right out of the bat since it looks like another 3rd party cheap imitator like NitroBike and not marketable. Word of mouth will propel this to success in the long run.

Can people who ordered check their confirmation email? Mine is saying "[FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1]Shipping estimate for these items: May 26, 2009." I'm wondering if they sold out of the intial shipment and are bumping people back a week.
[/SIZE][/FONT]

bread's done
Back