*DEAD* Red Dead Redemption + Undead Nightmare (360) $67.5 (PS3) $58 at Amazon

Not bad of a deal. I was lucky enough to pick up RDR for $28 during amazon's black friday lightning deal. I was then able to pick up the Undead Nightmare when it was $20 just a week or two ago at Bestbuy.

How did you find this on amazon? I can't find the link in their site without your link.

It's not on Deal of the day or game deals. I'm just curios. lol.

[quote name='anbu-black-ops']How did you find this on amazon? I can't find the link in their site without your link.

It's not on Deal of the day or game deals. I'm just curios. lol.[/QUOTE]

I saw it on amazon's video game deals just when the website updated (3.01am eastern). It seems that now the ad is gone but the link works perfectly.

Thanks for the edit CheapyD.

good deal but I'm afraid a price cut is right around the corner for RDR. It has been up there for too long. For people who have a backlog, it doesn't hurt to wait a few weeks.

[quote name='Rodster']Isn't undead nightmare DLC on both XBL and PSN for basically the same price ($20)? :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

Probably, but is not the same to own the content on disk than having it as a DLC. For me (and other people) the resell and/or trade value after playing the game is very important :)

[quote name='insix003']Not bad of a deal. I was lucky enough to pick up RDR for $28 during amazon's black friday lightning deal. I was then able to pick up the Undead Nightmare when it was $20 just a week or two ago at Bestbuy.[/QUOTE]

Target currently has the Undead Nightmare for $19.99 on sale.

[quote name='FerDK']Probably, but is not the same to own the content on disk than having it as a DLC. For me (and other people) the resell and/or trade value after playing the game is very important :)[/QUOTE]

i ordered this deal today on amazon but have a question about the dlc disk. can you install the dlc on the disk to your hard drive and play it with the regular red dead redemption disk in the tray? or do you have to put in the dlc disk if you want to play that?

I'm definitely waiting for the imminent price cut. I don't even really need Undead Nightmare. This premium pricing for the PS3 is getting annoying.

[quote name='chipper_95']i ordered this deal today on amazon but have a question about the dlc disk. can you install the dlc on the disk to your hard drive and play it with the regular red dead redemption disk in the tray? or do you have to put in the dlc disk if you want to play that?[/QUOTE]

I was actually curious about this as well. I don't feel like doing the whole "ugh, gotta swap out discs" thing again like I did with Dragon Age: Origins and Dragon Age: Awakening. That got old very quickly.

[quote name='chipper_95']i ordered this deal today on amazon but have a question about the dlc disk. can you install the dlc on the disk to your hard drive and play it with the regular red dead redemption disk in the tray? or do you have to put in the dlc disk if you want to play that?[/QUOTE]
I'm 95% sure you need the disk to play

I loved Red Dead, just starting to get into Undead Nightmare. Great deal if you haven't played either yet.

[quote name='Jabrim']Target currently has the Undead Nightmare for $19.99 on sale.[/QUOTE]

Looks like I'm going to Target for lunch! Thanks!

Reading what people on the Gamespot forums are saying:

If you already own the Red Dead Redemption game, you are better off buying the Undead Nightmare DLC from the Marketplace rather than getting the Disc version.

Apparently, your items from the Undead Nightmare Disc WILL NOT carry over to your main game in Red Dead Redemption.

It will only be possible if you buy the add-on DLC's from the Marketplace.

If you buy the Disc version of Undead Nightmare (which has all DLCs) then unfortunately you will not be able to access neither the Explosive Rifle or Tomahawk in the original Red Dead Redemption storyline.

The weapons do show up in your single player campain on the main Red Dead Redemption if you buy the DLC's off of the Marketplace.

^ That's what they're saying.

[quote name='Jcaugustine']Reading what people on the Gamespot forums are saying:

If you already own the Red Dead Redemption game, you are better off buying the Undead Nightmare DLC from the Marketplace rather than getting the Disc version.

Apparently, your items from the Undead Nightmare Disc WILL NOT carry over to your main game in Red Dead Redemption.

It will only be possible if you buy the add-on DLC's from the Marketplace.

^ That's what they're saying.[/QUOTE]

dang this is what i was worried about. and the whole having to switch the discs thing. i'm pretty lazy but i'm more concerned with simply not getting the full experience. i think i will sell the disc and just buy the dlc. its 1600 points which is 20 bucks on the marketplace so if i can sell the disc for $20 i will be happy.

Great deal on the 360 package, but I think I'm gonna wait for some kind of GotY/Complete Experience/etc package. I don't like having to switch the discs and not being able to carry items over.

[quote name='PublikDefender']lol at the blu-ray tax. get your shit together amazon. this isn't 2007.[/QUOTE]
i agree, it is ridiculous how they charge you extra

Problem with Undead Nightmare on the marketplace is that it doesn't include the other packs, like the disc does. Go to the description and it says:

Collection includes: the Undead Nightmare Pack, the Legends and Killers Pack and the Liars and Cheats Pack.

So you are getting $40 on DLC for $27, or $7 in this case. Thanks so much OP, I was looking for a Red Dead deal to buy for my friend who just got back from Afghan, and this works perfectly.

[quote name='clok1966']doesnt seem to work anymore, maybe im clicking wrong link.. $75 now.[/QUOTE]

It's still working check the OP or here
I just noticed they jacked up the price for :360: to $55.53 (original price was $47.53).

[quote name='Cheeseknight28']Problem with Undead Nightmare on the marketplace is that it doesn't include the other packs, like the disc does. Go to the description and it says:

Collection includes: the Undead Nightmare Pack, the Legends and Killers Pack and the Liars and Cheats Pack.

So you are getting $40 on DLC for $27, or $7 in this case. Thanks so much OP, I was looking for a Red Dead deal to buy for my friend who just got back from Afghan, and this works perfectly.[/QUOTE]
The Marketplace has a DLC "BUNDLE" for 1600 points ($20) that includes all 3 Packs you mentioned.

Xbox 360 Link:
http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/P...a7d99c-7764-40aa-985a-47038ed79d95?cid=search

If you already have the RDR game, then it's likely better to download the DLC to carry over items between the main game and the packs.

There are a few big reasons I won't be getting the DLC on PSN, but will be getting it via disc some time in the future.

1. The disc is going to go on sale all over the place (lower than $20) the DLC is already on sale in the bundle for $20 and I don't see it going down any time soon
2. I don't need to own RDR to play the DLC, so I can sell/lend out my RDR to someone. Or if my RDR stops working for whatever reason the DLC will still work.
3. If PSN/XBLA ever go down or the content won't work on the new systems Sony/MS release in the future (however long in the future it'll be) my disc version will still work as long as my console does.
4. Takes up less HDD space.

[quote name='allen9917']good deal but I'm afraid a price cut is right around the corner for RDR. It has been up there for too long. For people who have a backlog, it doesn't hurt to wait a few weeks.[/QUOTE]

+1

I'm waiting for a deal on RDR. Many sites are nominating it for GOTY so maybe we'll see a price drop soon.

bread's done
Back