Dead Rising 2 High Stakes Edition

lol:

*One Dead Rising 2 High Stakes Edition contains the ‘Golden’ Terror Is Reality XVII admission ticket. The ‘Golden’ ticket is redeemable for Burt the Zombie, a 6’ Dead Rising 2 zombie replica

Still rather get the EU/UK collector's edition of DR2.

This is still better than the POS Zombrex edition the US gets. *rolls eyes*

[quote name='ssjmichael']lol:

*One Dead Rising 2 High Stakes Edition contains the ‘Golden’ Terror Is Reality XVII admission ticket. The ‘Golden’ ticket is redeemable for Burt the Zombie, a 6’ Dead Rising 2 zombie replica[/QUOTE]

I bought a $30 poker set and all I got was this crummy statue.

No more LE's for me. They keep rising the prices from initially $69.99 (ala Halo 3 CE), to now all LEs are $79.99 (Castlevania: Lords of Shadows LE) and this goes to $89.99. I don't count the giant $150 collector editions, those are for the biggest of fans, normal LEs should be an extra 10-15 for additional stuff.

I also got this preorder at Amazon for $48 with a $10 credit. Its easier finding savings on the regular editions than these LEs, making em that much more expensive IMO.

Edit: Halo 2's LE was $54.99 MSRP. Point is that LE were usually +10$ max, now they are +20$ or higher. Unacceptable for me personally.
(Thanks for the clarification guys)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='nightmare452']No more LE's for me. They keep rising the prices from initially $69.99 (ala Halo 2 LE), to now all LEs are $79.99 (Castlevania: Lords of Shadows LE) and this goes to $89.99. I don't count the giant $150 collector editions, those are for the biggest of fans, normal LEs should be an extra 10-15 for additional stuff.

I also got this preorder at Amazon for $48 with a $10 credit, easily finding savings on the regular editions make these LEs that much more expensive IMO.[/QUOTE]

Wasn't Halo 2 for the original Xbox, where standard games were cheaper to begin with? You had to expect there would be a price hike with CE's the same as the standard price of games have increased.

[quote name='kataztrophik']Where the hell would I put a 6 FOOT statue of a zombie in my house?![/QUOTE]

Next to your bed of course. Next to your kid's bed if you have any...:lol:

[quote name='maxim2boobles']its 6 inches[/QUOTE]

No, 6ft actually:

bac6ce76e41a1c9ed2e7cf74c2c6c0bb.jpg

[quote name='ssjmichael']No, 6ft actually:

bac6ce76e41a1c9ed2e7cf74c2c6c0bb.jpg
[/QUOTE]

So awesome.

Ugh, I wish I could get both, but the Zombrex Edition looks better. The only thing the High Stakes edition has going for it is the chance to win the 6 foot Zombie statue. Which seems highly unlikely.

It's not like any of you are gonna win the statue....

"A chance to win your very own 6’ tall Burt the Zombie!

One High Stakes edition will include a ‘Golden’ Terror is Reality XVII admission ticket redeemable for a 6’ Dead Rising 2 zombie replica!"

At least study your demo and put up a 'sexy girl' zombie up for grabs instead if fat tard zombie.

Say later on few yrs from now, will this package have a market in collectibles?

Unfortunately if it was a hot zombie chick instead of a fat dead zombie guy more people would be ordering the High Stakes Edition. Capcom needs to do their research.

Capcom is rapidly becoming the NIS of crappy overpriced "collector's editions". This is just the regular edition of the game with some swag they will ship alongside it that will likely be available separately down the road. There isn't even some outer box or other container making this a "collector's edition". What a joke.

[quote name='heyheyhey11']At least study your demo and put up a 'sexy girl' zombie up for grabs instead if fat tard zombie.

Say later on few yrs from now, will this package have a market in collectibles?[/QUOTE]

Lol, posted at the same time on the same issue.

[quote name='def PD']Still rather get the EU/UK collector's edition of DR2.

This is still better than the POS Zombrex edition the US gets. *rolls eyes*[/QUOTE]

Is it exclusive to a certain store? I checked Amazon UK and it only has a steel book, t-shirt, and regular edition. Zombrex Edition looks better then all of them.

WOW. I fucking pre-order it with my card and they took my money already even though it says otherwise in their FAQ. I NEED THAT MONEY FOR REACH. How the fuck do I cancel this order?

[quote name='Taboner']WOW. I fucking pre-order it with my card and they took my money already even though it says otherwise in their FAQ. I NEED THAT MONEY FOR REACH. How the fuck do I cancel this order?[/QUOTE]

That's what you get for pre-ordering this crap

[quote name='Taboner']WOW. I fucking pre-order it with my card and they took my money already even though it says otherwise in their FAQ. I NEED THAT MONEY FOR REACH. How the fuck do I cancel this order?[/QUOTE]

If you're so poor that a single credit card charge is going to make you broke, maybe you should stop buying overpriced games or games, period.

[quote name='bojay1997']If you're so poor that a single credit card charge is going to make you broke, maybe you should stop buying overpriced games or games, period.[/QUOTE]

Or maybe I am a high school student that works for his own games and I am buying the Halo Reach console in less than a month. Yeah. Did you think about that? Scumbag.

My question is will it be easy to flip if I buy it and don't like it. I got the Zombrex preordered at GS using the old 20% coupon and even then I might return it if they don't improve all these framerate issues I'm hearing about.

[quote name='nightmare452']No more LE's for me. They keep rising the prices from initially $69.99 (ala Halo 2 LE), to now all LEs are $79.99 (Castlevania: Lords of Shadows LE) and this goes to $89.99. I don't count the giant $150 collector editions, those are for the biggest of fans, normal LEs should be an extra 10-15 for additional stuff.

I also got this preorder at Amazon for $48 with a $10 credit, easily finding savings on the regular editions make these LEs that much more expensive IMO.[/QUOTE]

Halo 2 LE retailed for $54.99, a whopping $5 extra. These LE's just keep getting worse (and more expensive) as time goes by, especially Capcom's.

If anyone is interested, I would be willing to pay you the extra $$ for this CE, and you keep the game. Please PM me if interested! I will add extra $$ since you would have to ship to me, time and travel etc.

I love poker sets:hot:

[quote name='maxim2boobles']this is better than fallout new vegas CE. how many dumb asses paid $150 for cod:mw2 night vision goggles? this is a great CE package[/QUOTE]

i paid for it and love it. ive only felt ripped off once and that was for the damn halo wars limited edition. But i am getting the zombrex edtion for $49 :)

I like this one better than the Zombrex Edition too, but only because I like the theme pack and the Poker set is pretty cool. Can't justify getting it though since I don't play Poker at all and don't see me really getting into it, so it'd be just a glorified knickknack collecting dust on a shelf somewhere. However, if I did play Poker occasionally, would be a much better buy. And I'm not spending $30 for that theme pack when it's probably going to be on the marketplace later on with the Ninja and Sports one, for much cheaper.

I do love Dead Rising and probably would have shelled out some cash for a limited edition, but the ones offered are just not appealing enough for me to find it worthwhile. :whistle2:(

[quote name='NocturneManiac']I like this one better than the Zombrex Edition too, but only because I like the theme pack and the Poker set is pretty cool. Can't justify getting it though since I don't play Poker at all and don't see me really getting into it, so it'd be just a glorified knickknack collecting dust on a shelf somewhere. However, if I did play Poker occasionally, would be a much better buy. And I'm not spending $30 for that theme pack when it's probably going to be on the marketplace later on with the Ninja and Sports one, for much cheaper.

I do love Dead Rising and probably would have shelled out some cash for a limited edition, but the ones offered are just not appealing enough for me to find it worthwhile. :whistle2:([/QUOTE]

If you get it, ill play poker with you :applause:. but then i get to keep the set on tuesday nights:bouncy:

[quote name='ssjmichael']You'd think they'd at least include the Collector's Edition here with the Steelbook and such.[/QUOTE]
sigh, my point exactly... if they put the steelbook CE contents in this edition, it's a deal no doubt or at least a steelbook...

I'm only interested in the game, but I'm thinking of ordering this and just selling the extras on eBay. I did the same thing with Super Street Fighter IV Dojo Edition and ended up with a free game and making a few extra bucks.

The poker set does look swank, but like the poster above me, I never play.

bread's done
Back