Dead Rising 2 (PC) for $9.99 + free shipping at NewEgg.

Just throwing this out there, but this game has some compatibility issues with the wireless 360 controller. It will work fine with a wired one, but getting it to recognize a wireless one is a pain in the ass. Other than that, the port is fine, just mentioning it since it should support wireless natively.

There was an update to fix this issue, nevermind.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's very good for fans of the first one. Companion AI is now so good you generally don't even have to double back for them. My only problem is that now a lot of the boss fights are too much over the top and not enough quality pattern learning and matching. A few you simply cannot beat without arming survivors with guns or and having them spray or otherwise cheesing if you don't have enough power upgrades to stagger the boss when you hit him with a crafted weapon.

Still, when they work, they work. Great game.

[quote name='distgfx']Just throwing this out there, but this game has some compatibility issues with the wireless 360 controller. It will work fine with a wired one, but getting it to recognize a wireless one is a pain in the ass. Other than that, the port is fine, just mentioning it since it should support wireless natively.[/QUOTE]

They released a patch a couple months back that fixed all the issues, even rumble works now.

Great game, a steal at 10 bucks

[quote name='RollingSkull']It's very good for fans of the first one. Companion AI is now so good you generally don't even have to double back for them. My only problem is that now a lot of the boss fights are too much over the top and not enough quality pattern learning and matching. A few you simply cannot beat without arming survivors with guns or and having them spray or otherwise cheesing if you don't have enough power upgrades to stagger the boss when you hit him with a crafted weapon.

Still, when they work, they work. Great game.[/QUOTE

The phycopaths were kinda hard ( the guy in the pig mask was the hardest, good thing my lmg/knife glove combo owned him ) but just level up and get the knife gloves. Those things are so overpowered and you can get the bowie knife and the boxing gloves right by the safe house. i also liked that survivors were able to keep up with you and that they had unlimited ammo when holding a gun. Great game !

[quote name='Epimetheus'](Obligatory question)

Does the retail version activate on Steam?[/QUOTE]

Nope. It's not on the Steam CD-Key list. Which is a bummer.

[quote name='Vegan']Does Dead Rising 2 have any DLC that never came to PC?[/QUOTE]

I don't know of any. The XBLA side stories, while 360 exclusive, are standalone titles rather than DLC.

There is a new, better version of the game coming. I would have suggested waiting for that one instead. It will fix a lot of problems the current title has and make the story about Frank West (IE the better cheeseball character).

Frank West isn't any better than Chuck. In fact, Chuck's story was a pretty entertaining one up to they did the stupid sequel hook nonsense in Case West.

Still, as fun as DR2 was, I'm not sure what they think constitutes "fixes" considering what all they changed from DR1 and what all they didn't.

[quote name='dserafin1986']They released a patch a couple months back that fixed all the issues, even rumble works now.

Great game, a steal at 10 bucks[/QUOTE]

I just booted the game up and you are correct, there was indeed an update. I'll edit my original post!

bread's done
Back