Dead rising 2 zombrex edition 39.99 @ amazon Ps3 Only

:bomb: Now I'm doubly pissed, I dumped my mint/complete copy a while ago to BB for $30. Then I picked it back up from FYE last month for $50.

Even though I had cheap credit from Front Mission Evolved and Kane & Lynch 2 that I flipped to them for $30 something each it still felt like getting bent over and done without lube to get charged $50.:cry:

Had this dropped just 2-3 weeks sooner I would've likely just grabbed it from Amazon to use up my promo credits they gave me for NorAm's rejected games.:bomb:

Last edited by a moderator:
I ordered last week at $46.99 with prime. Still didn't come in, so I tried to get a refund of $7.00. She said she couldn't but made a new order with 1 day shipping for free, will return one for a refund, so I got this for free. A credit of $7.00 would have been easier, but you know amazon, always pleasing the customer. Either way, good deal.

[quote name='kudu91']I ordered last week at $46.99 with prime. Still didn't come in, so I tried to get a refund of $7.00. She said she couldn't but made a new order with 1 day shipping for free, will return one for a refund, so I got this for free. A credit of $7.00 would have been easier, but you know amazon, always pleasing the customer. Either way, good deal.[/QUOTE]
Heh, somebody failed elementary school.

I think what she was saying was that the overnight shipping is free, not the game.

You're gonna have to return the first order (they will pay for shipping) or they'll charge you.

At least that's the way I read it.

[quote name='confoosious']I think what she was saying was that the overnight shipping is free, not the game.

You're gonna have to return the first order (they will pay for shipping) or they'll charge you.

At least that's the way I read it.[/QUOTE]

They already charged me for the first order and this order is free, not just the shipping.

How is this game? Is it fun. Worth buying. Interested in it, but reading reviews it looks like it is a mixed bag.

[quote name='kudu91']They already charged me for the first order and this order is free, not just the shipping.[/QUOTE]
Good luck with that. I ordered some games just before Christmas that I wanted to give as Christmas presents. I ordered with enough time for them to arrive before then, but as the date was getting closer and closer I got worried and contacted them.

They sent me out a second shipment and overnighted it, then told me to return the ones they had already sent. When they got the package back I didn't receive any credit/refund, even though that second package was 'free'.

So....good luck...not gonna happen.

[quote name='kudu91']They already charged me for the first order and this order is free, not just the shipping.[/QUOTE]

I just said: "
You're gonna have to return the first order (they will pay for shipping) or they'll charge you. "

oh, :(
Well, if that happens, I'll be contacting them for my $7.00. As a college student, I have no money... well little money... well like $100 after subtracting money for the 3ds, Uncharted 3, KZ3 and MVC3

dear lord, they're not gonna charge you the $7!

The second shipment is completely free cause they told you it was.

But what you have to do is return the first shipment so you don't get charged for the first one.

[quote name='Npat12']How is this game? Is it fun. Worth buying. Interested in it, but reading reviews it looks like it is a mixed bag.[/QUOTE]

i vote no, it makes you want to have fun zombie slaying, but there is a constant countdown that forces you to progress.

This thread went from being a thread about a cool deal to a thread about someone not understanding the basics of returning purchased items. I lol'd. :applause:

[quote name='kudu91']oh, :(
Well, if that happens, I'll be contacting them for my $7.00. As a college student, I have no money... well little money... well like $100 after subtracting money for the 3ds, Uncharted 3, KZ3 and MVC3[/QUOTE]

maybe stop buying so many games and systems at full price and put that money towards furthering your education

[quote name='ssjmichael']maybe stop buying so many games and systems at full price and put that money towards furthering your education[/QUOTE]

I get scholarships. My last 2 years, this is my 4th semester have been paid off in full. I've gotten refund checks from the extra money that I spend on books and other school stuff and then finally games. I have a 3.3 gpa right now.

Or just stop playing so much games altogether. Reaching out and making job contacts when you're in college is like the difference between a kid that works in banking when he graduates to working in retail until he's 30 or beyond.

P.S. A 3.2 GPA is the national average.

I realize this is completely off topic, but I could not possibly agree more with Stele. I wish I had made more contacts with business folks in college. I got a decent job paying right away, but the job itself was awful. Took me 4 years of a job I hated to finally get to where I am. 4 years of my life wasted.

Moral of the story is tot ake advanced classes, as many internships as you can, and make as many contacts/friends in the business community as you can.

How does the PS3 version compare to the 360 one? If it runs a little more stable and has faster load times I would consider getting rid of the 360 version for it. Anyone?

At the risk of turning this into a "when i was your age" threads, I say fuck the advanced classes. If you're gonna go into a specialized field, then ok, do it. But if you're just gonna be a run of the mill businessman, then concentrate on making friends and contacts.

There's a saying that used to be thrown around at school: A students make the best professors, B students make the best something and... C students make the most money.

There's a lot of truth to that.

[quote name='confoosious']There's a saying that used to be thrown around at school: A students make the best professors, B students make the best something and... C students make the most money.

There's a lot of truth to that.[/QUOTE]
Things like that are only true in certain contexts. If you were getting Cs in class because you were networking professionally and was developing amazing interpersonal skills or doing something else productive business wise, then that makes sense. If you were getting Cs because you shut yourself in your dorm playing WOW or just drinking yourself retarded or you're just plain retarded, then not so true. All in all, most people learn little to nothing in college (mostly due to the selection of majors imo because if you're an engineer or some kind of core science/math major, you'll bound to take away something).

http://www.businessinsider.com/its-official-college-students-learn-next-to-nothing-2011-1

Thanks for the advice guys. But for the record, I only play games on weekends. I have a huge backlog that I get to on breaks.

Edit: I'm also applying to the school of Business, I want to be an accountant. I've already started networking and everything.
But once again, thanks.

lol, this will be my last comment in my thread I swear, but I am a Big 4 accountant...worst choice of my life.

[quote name='Stele']Things like that are only true in certain contexts. If you were getting Cs in class because you were networking professionally and was developing amazing interpersonal skills or doing something else productive business wise, then that makes sense. If you were getting Cs because you shut yourself in your dorm playing WOW or just drinking yourself retarded or you're just plain retarded, then not so true. All in all, most people learn little to nothing in college (mostly due to the selection of majors imo because if you're an engineer or some kind of core science/math major, you'll bound to take away something).

http://www.businessinsider.com/its-official-college-students-learn-next-to-nothing-2011-1[/QUOTE]

well yeah. I mean, if you're a dumbass and can only get Cs no matter how much you study and you don't make any friends or learn anything in school but memorize all the CoD maps, you're screwed anyway and should start praticing, "Do you want fries with that?" :lol:

[quote name='Npat12']How is this game? Is it fun. Worth buying. Interested in it, but reading reviews it looks like it is a mixed bag.[/QUOTE]

I love this game :) but everyone has there own opinions why not download the demo?

After checking out Amazon's inventory, they only have 80 in stock for the PS3.

On the other hand....they have a measly 5 left in stock for the 360 and and they are selling them for $70.57! I wonder if these could actually be the last of the batch that Amazon has or will have?

I'd love to get the Zombrex Edition, and it's tempting at this price. I also think they may go lower, but looking at their inventory, I kind of think it won't...considering the stock and price of the 360 version.

[quote name='kudu91']... sorry, I usually get my stuff on time. This is new territory for me.[/QUOTE]
But when did you order last week? If it was Thursday or Friday, then your earliest projected delivery date with Prime 2 day shipping would be MONDAY(aka TODAY:shock:).

They use UPS for Prime shipping, so the two day shipping only counts BUSINESS days(aka Monday-Friday ONLY) as UPS DOES NOT DELIVER ON SATURDAYS OR SUNDAYS(unless you pay an additional charge). Comprende?

Once you understand this, then you're less likely to piss and moan about them being 'zomg late with my all important package'.:roll: Besides which, if you have a backlog of games to begin with is it REALLY that important that you get your shit THAT fast?

I've noticed you do a lot of bitching about stuff you've never seen, don't you?

The syringe is the best part of the package. And there are no actual capsules.

[quote name='artrus']i vote no, it makes you want to have fun zombie slaying, but there is a constant countdown that forces you to progress.[/QUOTE]
Which is the reason I didn't sweat missing the 1st one since I don't have an Xbox 360. It is also the reason I will probably never pick up the sequel for PS3 unless it drops in the $10-15 range.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']But when did you order last week? If it was Thursday or Friday, then your earliest projected delivery date with Prime 2 day shipping would be MONDAY(aka TODAY:shock:).

They use UPS for Prime shipping, so the two day shipping only counts BUSINESS days(aka Monday-Friday ONLY) as UPS DOES NOT DELIVER ON SATURDAYS OR SUNDAYS(unless you pay an additional charge). Comprende?

Once you understand this, then you're less likely to piss and moan about them being 'zomg late with my all important package'.:roll: Besides which, if you have a backlog of games to begin with is it REALLY that important that you get your shit THAT fast?[/QUOTE]

I ordered last Tuesday the 25th.

[quote name='VaultDweller']damn the stuff it comes with sucks, who the heck would want a syringe and some capsules llol[/QUOTE]

i like the steelbook case a lot :)

[quote name='kudu91']I ordered last Tuesday the 25th.[/QUOTE]
Hmmmm. That sucks then. But I noticed that USPS/UPS/etc have been delaying packages with each round of winter storms, so if your shipment had to go through that dreck then that might also be the reason for the delay.

bread's done
Back