Dead Rising 2 Zombrex Edition (PS3/360) - $39.99 at GS (OOS currently, check locally)

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Last edited by a moderator:
Now the REAL question i want to know isss....................Is this game worth my $40 hard earn bucks? or should i wait for a lower price drop?:cool::cool:

If you waited this long and dont really want the CE (or maybe even if you do) I would wait for a further drop. It is a great fun game, dont get me wrong, but you can wait if you dont want to overpay and have other games to play.

[quote name='wrencrest']If you waited this long and dont really want the CE (or maybe even if you do) I would wait for a further drop. It is a great fun game, dont get me wrong, but you can wait if you dont want to overpay and have other games to play.[/QUOTE]

Thank you sir....maybe i will wait. As i just started playing vanquish yesterday and got marvel 3 coming in soon....so yeah lol, Ill wait:drool::drool:

[quote name='ssjmichael']Gamestop has lowered the price for the Dead Rising 2 Collector's edition (i.e. Zombrex edition) to $39.99. That's a great price, but sadly it's currently unavailable. This is more of a heads-up post to monitor it, or possibly get a pricematch at BB (if you're lucky)

http://www.gamestop.com/browse/search.aspx?dsNav=Ntk:TitleKeyword|dead+rising+2+collector|1|[/QUOTE]

Did you do this because of the Dead Space 2 thread? I do appreciate the notice, but if we keep posting deals that MIGHT be available then this thread is going to be cluttered with all sorts of heads-up posts and other "kinda-sorta" deals. Plus, at least from my experience, CEs coming back in stock are something of a rare event. on the GS site.

No, I noticed it in the CAG tracker and posted it. I figured some would have missed it otherwise and it might be possible to get a pricematch at Best Buy, or maybe even at a Gamestop store. I doubt 2 or 3 heads-up threads will really clutter anything here. If no one is interested in it, it'll get buried, no harm no foul. If it doesn't get buried then perhaps it was worth posting for some people here..

Just walked in yesterday for deathsmiles and checked price for dead rising. It was still ringing up full price I checked today again and manager confirmed it the 39.99 Thanks op

[quote name='DaCannon']Just walked in yesterday for deathsmiles and checked price for dead rising. It was still ringing up full price I checked today again and manager confirmed it the 39.99 Thanks op[/QUOTE]
Definately $40 in store? I keep looking up in store price and it says $50

EDIT: I just called my store locally and they also said it was $40 in store. Good.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm, $40 + tax + gas + time = not much cheaper than what's on Amazon currently, unless you have GS credit. I might just bite the one on Amazon instead. Now if Amazon matches this than that would be an instant win.

[quote name='nhatkthanh']Hmm, $40 + tax + gas + time = not much cheaper than what's on Amazon currently, unless you have GS credit. I might just bite the one on Amazon instead. Now if Amazon matches this than that would be an instant win.[/QUOTE]
Do they PM Gamestop new prices often? I ask because I was wanting to submit a PM for Blazblue CS, but I didn't know if they did it too much.

[quote name='EYEL1NER']Do they PM Gamestop new prices often? I ask because I was wanting to submit a PM for Blazblue CS, but I didn't know if they did it too much.[/QUOTE]

Well they seem to match Newegg and GS in the past, so I think they would if more people report them and that they have a large stock that they need to move. Though currently it seem to be around 100 left in stock, at least for the PS3 version.

so glad i didnt jump on BB deal! just called 4 stores, all have non-guttted copies!! doing in-store pickup for one tomorrow. I have a feeling us CAGs will destroy this..the layman may never know its this price..

[quote name='token2k6']so glad i didnt jump on BB deal! just called 4 stores, all have non-guttted copies!! doing in-store pickup for one tomorrow. I have a feeling us CAGs will destroy this..the layman may never know its this price..[/QUOTE]
Same here, ungutted, brand new. I got to finally burn the last of my "free" GS credit.

Walked into Gamestop last night just browsing and saw this for $39.99. Couldn't resist at that price, so I picked it up.

So tempted to get this. It seems like a pretty cool SE, so that makes me want it, but then again, I never even beat the first one. Damn save system...

[quote name='ssjmichael']I didn't see it, but based on this trailer I'd say it looks pretty terrible. I actually think they were aiming for terrible, but got a steaming pike of turds instead

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AhznmWzFPP0[/QUOTE]

Lol... Thats really the trailer?! Its so bad its awesome. I am going to pick up a copy in a little while.

Went in store, but they have it marked at $50. They tried to throw in the collector's edition of the guide for free if I bought it....but the guide was marked at $0.01 already...dumbass employee.

So I went and got one today at Gamestop. Apparently, the only copy they had left was a gutted one, so I'm like, well screw it, it's not like I'm not going to open it. Next thing I know, the dumbass employee folds the brochure in half over the rest of the content because she couldn't get it in. Now thre's a bunch of creases on the damn brochure. Needless to say, I'm not too happy. I told her she could leave it out and I'll just take it like that, but she just smiled and put the brochure in like that anyways. I was about to just walk out with my money, but I couldn't resist getting it.

[quote name='dominator']So I went and got one today at Gamestop. Apparently, the only copy they had left was a gutted one, so I'm like, well screw it, it's not like I'm not going to open it. Next thing I know, the dumbass employee folds the brochure in half over the rest of the content because she couldn't get it in. Now thre's a bunch of creases on the damn brochure. Needless to say, I'm not too happy. I told her she could leave it out and I'll just take it like that, but she just smiled and put the brochure in like that anyways. I was about to just walk out with my money, but I couldn't resist getting it.[/QUOTE]

How exactly do you think it fit in the box to begin with?

[quote name='dominator']So I went and got one today at Gamestop. Apparently, the only copy they had left was a gutted one, so I'm like, well screw it, it's not like I'm not going to open it. Next thing I know, the dumbass employee folds the brochure in half over the rest of the content because she couldn't get it in. Now thre's a bunch of creases on the damn brochure. Needless to say, I'm not too happy. I told her she could leave it out and I'll just take it like that, but she just smiled and put the brochure in like that anyways. I was about to just walk out with my money, but I couldn't resist getting it.[/QUOTE]

i got mine sealed and the brochure was bent to crap 2 i think thats just the way it is

[quote name='PDJ']Went in store, but they have it marked at $50. They tried to throw in the collector's edition of the guide for free if I bought it....but the guide was marked at $0.01 already...dumbass employee.[/QUOTE]

Was stickered with a $39.99 sale tag in my local GS. You might want to have them try to ring it up.

Hey I bought my zombrex Friday but didn't get a chance to post anything because I had work but anyway, the store I went to had the zombrex on the top shelf with a sticker/stand that said the price was $79.99 so I asked the clerk to check the price, he looked it up on his computer and it came up as $49.99 I said the hell with it $10 more is ok for a game like that plus it was one of the last copies they had left, so when he actually rang it in he was surprised to find that it was indeed ringing up at $39.99

Im a sucker for CE games so I swalloed my hate for Gamestop and went in to pick this up. The only one they had left was opened with stickers on the box and the steel book. I wasnt going to buy it then the guy offered to throw in a free CE guide, so I bought it. I took it to another Gamestop 2 miles down the road to exchange it for a sealed copy only to have the lady tell me I couldnt because it was open, even though the acutal game was still sealed. After arguing for several minutes about how Gamestop sold it to me opened she agreeded to exchange it but only if she opened the new one first.

I agreed only becasue I was going to open it anyway and this way I got one with no stickers but this is really why I hate Gamestop. The way they sell opened stuff as new then dont honor the refund exchange policy for new stuff is just wrong.

[quote name='junkie88']The way they sell opened stuff as new then dont honor the refund exchange policy for new stuff is just wrong.[/QUOTE]

Agreed

bread's done
Back