Dead Rising General Game/Demo Discussion Thread #2

[quote name='daphatty']The original disccusion grew to twice the maximum size Cheapy has established so here you go guys. An all new thread.

And as a courtesy, here's a link to the original.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=103202

- DaPhatty[/QUOTE]

I thought the 500 post count was just a limitation of the old boards, so it didn't eat up so much bandwidth... I remember the new software or servers or whatever don't have to do that.

I played through Dead Rising six times back to back. At roughly 7 hours per playthrough (six hours game time plus loading screens and cinemas) I spent way too much time on this game in a two week period. I have taken a break, and when my Minnesota Vikings complete their Superbowl run in Madden, I'm headed back to the mall.

Good fucking times.

[quote name='Roufuss']I thought the 500 post count was just a limitation of the old boards, so it didn't eat up so much bandwidth... I remember the new software or servers or whatever don't have to do that.[/QUOTE]

Actually, I never questioned the reason behind the practice. I know that the OTT thread was a major catalyst for the limit being imposed in the first place and that practice is still ongoing today. At any rate, regardless of how robust the current server might be, smaller threads = faster performance for everyone.

yes, and if you do, SAVE IMMEDIATELY, after everything is done.

dont want to give away tomuch but it sucks alot if you do not save for yourself

[quote name='2Fast']So...uh...what do I do when the special ops come in? Just try and survive until my chopper comes?[/QUOTE]

Pretty much that's all you can do. If you want you can kill the special forces troops, they give 5,000 PP with each kill, making it a fairly fast way to level up. I would recommend you use either a small chainsaw or a katana to fight them. You should also save before you try this as well, depending on your level it can be quite difficult to engage three at once.

People say the katana is so great, but it's crap compared to the mannequin torso. I'd maybe even take that over a small chainsaw, since it seems to last longer.

[quote name='Knewlio']People say the katana is so great, but it's crap compared to the mannequin torso. I'd maybe even take that over a small chainsaw, since it seems to last longer.[/QUOTE]

If you get the three small chainsaw books, that thing lasts forever. (Lasts a good 4-5k kills).

I love this game, but I'm taking a break from it. I just got the Zombie Genocider achievement and the corresponding BEST UNLOCK EVER, but Disgaea 2 came out, so I'm playing that and Dark Star One right now.

I've heard so much awesome stuff about this so I had to buy it full price today at EB.

The thing that really made me buy it:

The Mega Man Suit!

I re-bought an Xbox 360 today, along with Dead Rising. I've already downloaded the Lost Planet E3 demo, too. Now we just need Konami to jump on the Microsoft bandwagon - hopefully Symphony of the Night is just the beginning.

Awesome game, but it seems like I get to a boss battle too soon??. I need to read the instruction book on how best to use guns - they suck compared to the lawnmower and shopping cart.

[quote name='Knewlio']People say the katana is so great, but it's crap compared to the mannequin torso. I'd maybe even take that over a small chainsaw, since it seems to last longer.[/QUOTE]

There's three books in the mall that, when you have all three, make the mini chainsaw last through at least 4000 zombies :shock: I can go through a whole playthrough on two (at most) alone.

Dead Rising is definitly one of those games that grew on me. At first I hated it, but the more I played, the better the game got.

i just borrowed this game from a friend and got about half an hour into it and realized it doesnt auto save when i die... so i am about to start NEW in a few minutes

[quote name='coolz481']I re-bought an Xbox 360 today, along with Dead Rising. I've already downloaded the Lost Planet E3 demo, too. Now we just need Konami to jump on the Microsoft bandwagon - hopefully Symphony of the Night is just the beginning.

Awesome game, but it seems like I get to a boss battle too soon??. I need to read the instruction book on how best to use guns - they suck compared to the lawnmower and shopping cart.[/quote]

Thread Jack- Lost Planet is going to fucking rule. :bouncy:

I made a huge mistake.

I dropped the
Small Chainsaw I got from Adam

and now it sucks finding things to kill the bosses with.

But the more I play this game, the more I love it.:D

[quote name='kennistond']I made a huge mistake.

I dropped the
Small Chainsaw I got from Adam

and now it sucks finding things to kill the bosses with.

But the more I play this game, the more I love it.:D[/QUOTE]

It respawns every time you reload the area. Go back and stock up. Easily the best weapon in the game.

[quote name='GF_Eric']It respawns every time you reload the area. Go back and stock up. Easily the best weapon in the game.[/quote]

Thanks a ton.

I needed that weapon, especially against those Yellow-Coated Psychopaths.

last boss at end of overtime spoilers:

I have read theat the best way to beat him is use the double lariat over and over again, but I tried that and I don't think I even got a quarter of his life down before I died. Any tips on how to beat him?

[quote name='mr ryles']last boss at end of overtime spoilers:

I have read theat the best way to beat him is use the double lariat over and over again, but I tried that and I don't think I even got a quarter of his life down before I died. Any tips on how to beat him?
[/QUOTE]
This might take some patience but the easiest way that I beat him without even getting hit once was jumping back and forth on the tank platform. I kept moving from the top to the bottom and everytime he followed me I just threw in a jump kick and before I knew it I beat him.

guess I just have to keep dying and playing through back to him until I beat him.

I just got frustrated as I played 15-20 minutes to get to him then die in like 3 minutes and have to start from last save again and play 20 more minutes to get back to him.

[quote name='mr ryles']guess I just have to keep dying and playing through back to him until I beat him.

I just got frustrated as I played 15-20 minutes to get to him then die in like 3 minutes and have to start from last save again and play 20 more minutes to get back to him.[/QUOTE]

15-20 minutes? You know you can save on the ledge before you open the gate in the tunnel right? From there you're no more than 10 minutes away from the final boss fight, and that's with having to deal with the lame mini-boss battle along the way.

[quote name='captainfrizo']15-20 minutes? You know you can save on the ledge before you open the gate in the tunnel right? From there you're no more than 10 minutes away from the final boss fight, and that's with having to deal with the lame mini-boss battle along the way.[/QUOTE]

ya it starts you on that ledge after the cut scene. And after running throw all the zombies and staling the car then the boss before the final boss is about 15 minutes, but if it makes you feel better than 10 minutes. Big fucking difference.

Can anyone fill me in on how to "recharge your batteries" in your camera after the 30 pics?

I tried deleting pics but it never helps.

Go to one of the camera stores around the mall.

There's a display thing inside each store with batteries where you can recharge the camera.

[quote name='kennistond']Can anyone fill me in on how to "recharge your batteries" in your camera after the 30 pics?

I tried deleting pics but it never helps.[/QUOTE]

If you go into one of the camera stores, you can find replacement batteries. They're usually on a wall near the register.

[quote name='AlienLX']Go to one of the camera stores around the mall.

There's a display thing inside each store with batteries where you can recharge the camera.[/quote]
Thanks AlienLX

EDIT: and Jebus!

[quote name='mr ryles']guess I just have to keep dying and playing through back to him until I beat him.

I just got frustrated as I played 15-20 minutes to get to him then die in like 3 minutes and have to start from last save again and play 20 more minutes to get back to him.[/QUOTE]

I almost gave up on the final boss for that reason alone. As for how I beat him; get either above him or below him, wait until he jumps and the moment he lands hit him with the spinning clothesline. Took two from my lvl 40 guy to take him down.

For Beating the last boss, The jump kick from the lower level to the upper level of the tank is the most sure fire way to hit him without taking too much damage. If you are lucky you can land a roundhouse on him when you land, which does a bit more damage. I also got him with one somersault kick, but I wouldn't recommend that because its hard to pull that off consistently.

It's a pain, but just stick it out!

So has any CAG gotten 1000 gamerpoints on this game yet?

Im going at it my 3rd time around, haven't gotten past day 2. Atleast I'm leveling up and still having tons of fun.

I tried, I'm at 40/50 and getting Zombie Genocider just bored me to tears so I stopped playing. I went through the game nearly 20 times and almost know the whole script by heart.

Started my 3rd game, and began zombie farming, but became bored to tears after 10,000. I'm at level 33, and bosses go down quick, but starting to loose interest in the game. Time to tuck it away for awhile.

is there anyway to skip the "Bomb Collector" mission and still have the story continue?

I decided to go back and play the game, but that mission is frustrating me to no end.

[quote name='asianxcore']is there anyway to skip the "Bomb Collector" mission and still have the story continue?

I decided to go back and play the game, but that mission is frustrating me to no end.[/quote]

i dont think so. i beleive you get ending c or something if you fail to get all the bombs

[quote name='asianxcore']is there anyway to skip the "Bomb Collector" mission and still have the story continue?

I decided to go back and play the game, but that mission is frustrating me to no end.[/QUOTE]

Just take out carlito right where you enter the tunnels with either the sniper or Supped up Mini Chainsaw (he's WAY too easy this way). After you dispatch him, the rest of the mission is a cakewalk.

Thanks for the advice. I'll have to try that out sometime.

I played the mission maybe 6-8 times today. The last time I got 4/5 bombs, ran into a zombie in front of the last bomb, and died. (I had one life left).

I hope I can beat this overly annoying mission sometime soon :)

I had a lot of problems with that mission too.

Just wait for him to crash his van, and while he's stuck just stab him a couple of times with the mini chainsaws.

Makes it so much easier just having to deal with the zombies.

Best way to do the mission.

From Leisure Park, go to the parking area in the NW. Grab a Motorcycle.

Go down the ramp into the basement.

DO NOT HIT ZOMBIES. Do your best to avoid them. Using a motorcycle gets you past the barricade that randomly sprouted there and lets you dodge the best.

Go down and get the bombs. Head south and east, grabbing all 3 bombs there.

Once you're below where Paradise Plaza is, ditch your motorcycle (if it's not broke) and get in the car that's sitting there.

Collect the last two bombs. Head back for the ramp out.

Run up the ramp, and you'll complete the mission.

[quote name='Logain8955']
Once you're below where Paradise Plaza is, ditch your motorcycle (if it's not broke) and get in the car that's sitting there.
[/QUOTE]

How many cars are down there anyway? The only one I've seen so far is that truck that is right next to another truck containing a bomb.

[quote name='asianxcore']How many cars are down there anyway? The only one I've seen so far is that truck that is right next to another truck containing a bomb.[/QUOTE]

There are two vehicles in the tunnels that you can drive. The truck outside the meat processing area (the one you described), and a car at the Paradise Plaza door.

[quote name='2Fast']If I start a new 72 hour mode, will I still be able to access overtime mode whenever I want?[/quote]

anyone?

[quote name='AlienLX']You should still be able to, I've started a couple new games in 72H and OT was still there on the main menu.[/quote]

Alright, awesome! I guess I'll start a new game since I don't think I'm at a high enough level to beat the last boss. Thanks!

bread's done
Back