Dead Rising on XB360 $9.99 shipped @ Amazon

[quote name='sgr76']Damn thats tempting... I am such a zombie fiend but i hated this game with a passion. Decisions....[/QUOTE]

Sure, $10 is a good price, but if you hated it, don't buy it. It'll just sit on your shelf collecting dust.

[quote name='sgr76']Damn thats tempting... I am such a zombie fiend but i hated this game with a passion. Decisions....[/QUOTE]

Uhhhh....Why is it tempting to buy a game that you despise? :wall:

[quote name='DaShaka']Uhhhh....Why is it tempting to buy a game that you despise? :wall:[/QUOTE]

Because people on this website lack self control. The moment they see what they feel is a good price/deal they open their wallets up. They don't think - they just buy.

[quote name='crushtopher']Because people on this website lack self control. The moment they see what they feel is a good price/deal they open their wallets up. They don't think - they just buy.[/QUOTE]

This

This and Condemned are still 2 of my favorite 360 games. I really never got the hatred for the save system - you got the chance to explore new parts of the mall, build up experience, learn new routes and weapon strategies, and it was never for naught. I recommend it strongly to anyone who hasn't yet played it.

[quote name='skateraXVIII']I find it stupid that they ported it to the Wii... but never to the PS3.:whistle2:?[/QUOTE]

This x 1,000,000

I assume this is for the Platinum Hits version...

[quote name='The Carrot Cake Kid']Thought this game was hugely overrated. And as stated above it had a horrible save game method.[/QUOTE]

how the save game method horrible? thinking about picking it up

How can anybody not like this game? Sure it's hard but that's what makes the game so great, it's like the Ninja Gaiden of zombie games.

To me it's seriously one of the most underrated games on the 360 and one of my favorites. Get the Zombie Genocider achievement and you get the REAL Mega Man buster and you can kill zombies left and right with that thing.

[quote name='yahoosale14']how the save game method horrible? thinking about picking it up[/QUOTE]

This problem alone kept me from getting it. I think there are only 2 save spots in the whole game

[quote name='karkyco']This x 1,000,000

I assume this is for the Platinum Hits version...[/QUOTE]

Yea, I was hoping for a ps3 version when I didn't have my 360 a couple of years ago and what did milkcom give us ? Lost crap 1 instead. Thanks a lot for listening to your fans milkcom !

[quote name='strait edge follower']This problem alone kept me from getting it. I think there are only 2 save spots in the whole game[/QUOTE]

Nope, every restroom in the game is a save spot and there is at least 1 restroom in each area.

[quote name='Darkon_X']Nope, every restroom in the game is a save spot and there is at least 1 restroom in each area.[/QUOTE]

Really ? I could have sworn that I read that there was 2. How many restrooms are there total ? I loved that rest rooms were easy to find in dead rising 2 (recomend part 2 a lot)

[quote name='yahoosale14']how the save game method horrible? thinking about picking it up[/QUOTE]
Some people think it's horrible because there is only one save file.
Never bothered me though.

[quote name='xSiLeNcEx']im not sure id enjoy dead rising having never played it, yet i love DR2. same thing with assassins creed 1[/QUOTE]

play the demo. i wouldn't suspect the gameplay to be too different though

[quote name='ClevelandBrowns']Saving isn't the problem, it is just the timer and how A LOT of things are missable.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Even if the game had 10,000 save spots, the timer would still be an issue. I first played this game thinking you could run around and actually explore the mall but nope, not with that pesky timer. There's not even a free-roam mode after completion, just another mode with another timer. At least the story still continues regardless of missing most objectives.

[quote name='xSiLeNcEx']im not sure id enjoy dead rising having never played it, yet i love DR2. same thing with assassins creed 1[/QUOTE]

Honestly I don't see a point in returning to DR1 after playing DR2 since the two games are pretty identical and the second one fixed a lot of the problems of the first and added many more features (ala Assassin's Creed 2). Plus the story of DR2 isn't much of a continuation of the first game.

[quote name='ClevelandBrowns']Saving isn't the problem, it is just the timer and how A LOT of things are missable.[/QUOTE]

That would be an issue if it wasn't a game that's meant to played multiple times over. Admittedly, I didn't have the patience to figure out everything myself through multiple plays and just gamefaqed the completion route the second time through.:lol:

[quote name='sgr76']This[/QUOTE]

Thank you for this massively useful and overall informative post. Because of it, I will seriously consider purchasing this product.

[quote name='metallicoholic']Agreed. Even if the game had 10,000 save spots, the timer would still be an issue. I first played this game thinking you could run around and actually explore the mall but nope, not with that pesky timer. There's not even a free-roam mode after completion, just another mode with another timer. At least the story still continues regardless of missing most objectives.[/QUOTE]

Beat the second mode that you unlock (Overtime Mode) and you unlock a free-roam mode.

[quote name='metallicoholic']Agreed. Even if the game had 10,000 save spots, the timer would still be an issue. I first played this game thinking you could run around and actually explore the mall but nope, not with that pesky timer. There's not even a free-roam mode after completion, just another mode with another timer. At least the story still continues regardless of missing most objectives.

Honestly I don't see a point in returning to DR1 after playing DR2 since the two games are pretty identical and the second one fixed a lot of the problems of the first and added many more features (ala Assassin's Creed 2). Plus the story of DR2 isn't much of a continuation of the first game.[/QUOTE]

thanks, you are confirming my suspicions of those games, i think ill skip em :p

bread's done
Back