Dead Rising Zombrex Edition $19.99 @ Newegg (360 or PS3)

[quote name='morrodox']I loathed the first, though I wanted desperately to like it. Can you tell me if the sequel has any of the following?

1. Old f**ker constantly harassing you on cell phone and if you move into a new area it disconnects and he calls back to bitch you out.

2. Zombies taking 2-4 hits to kill, paired alongside living human psychopaths who can be pumped full of 100+ bullets and not f**king die.

3. Retarded human survivors who would probably get themselves killed just walking around even if there weren't a zombie apocalypse happening.

4. The need to restart the game multiple times so you can take more pictures and level up so you'll be strong enough to get through parts of the game you wouldn't be able to on a single playthrough. (Absolutely miserable design decision IMO.)

5. One save point. Count 'em. One. Count 'em twice to be sure. ONE.

If DR2 has zero of these issues, I would consider trying it. But holy crap did DR1 ever piss me off.[/QUOTE]

Basically most of this stuff is back but they made pretty much all of it better. They took all the complaints about how BS alot of the stuff was in 1 and made it better in 2.

Been waiting for this to go down to $20...on Amazon for the past week its been up and down through $24.19 but thank god I actually waited for this day!! :bouncy:

Got it for PS3 despite reservations, mostly about the ticking clock. But at that price, it's impossible to resist. Thanks OP.

Got one, thanks OP. I got the vanilla version for $20 at BB but it's still unopened so I can just sell that instead.

For $20 this is a great deal. I bought this close to release and played it & sold it.

Anyone with a PS3 want to Co-Op this with me? Been wanting to pick it up again to finish the trophy set.

dammit i just got this off of amazon for 28 a few days ago...does anyone know if amazon would pm the difference if i talk to customer service or would it just be a waste of my time?

[quote name='Skooba81']dammit i just got this off of amazon for 28 a few days ago...does anyone know if amazon would pm the difference if i talk to customer service or would it just be a waste of my time?[/QUOTE]

They usually don't since it's not in their policy and I don't recommend you do but you can.

[quote name='morrodox']I loathed the first, though I wanted desperately to like it. Can you tell me if the sequel has any of the following?

1. Old f**ker constantly harassing you on cell phone and if you move into a new area it disconnects and he calls back to bitch you out.

2. Zombies taking 2-4 hits to kill, paired alongside living human psychopaths who can be pumped full of 100+ bullets and not f**king die.

3. Retarded human survivors who would probably get themselves killed just walking around even if there weren't a zombie apocalypse happening.

4. The need to restart the game multiple times so you can take more pictures and level up so you'll be strong enough to get through parts of the game you wouldn't be able to on a single playthrough. (Absolutely miserable design decision IMO.)

5. One save point. Count 'em. One. Count 'em twice to be sure. ONE.

If DR2 has zero of these issues, I would consider trying it. But holy crap did DR1 ever piss me off.[/QUOTE]
1. No
2. Yes and no. Combo weapons make the game easier.
3. Survivor AI is much, much better. I've never had a survivor die in DR2.
4. You can beat everything in one playthrough. (Alright, I had a Youtube link but it wants to auto-embed and I don't think that's necessary. No one's really watching a 50 part Dead Rising playthrough anyway) It's not necessarily easy, but if you really need to be level 50 to beat everything Hello Kitty Island Adventure may be more your speed.
5. Do you know you can save in the bathrooms?

I was actually THIS close to biting on it at Amazon for 25... boy am I glad I waited. I got the 360 one and called customer service to see if maybe they could apply the $10 promo to my order because it hadn't been fully processed yet... IT WORKED! All I gave her was the name on the order and two minutes later.. BAM! :bouncy: Man, awesome customer :applause: service, and thanks for the post OP! For $10 this was a steal!;)

[quote name='cheapnpoor']Should I wait for the new version Off The Record, read that made many improvements.[/QUOTE]

Based on earlier posts OTR isn't canon; it's a "what-if?" type of game. IMO it seems little more than a "mod" would be in the PC world.

Here's a good quote from the other DR2 ZE from Saix_XIII:

[quote name='Saix_XIII']For those wondering about Off The Record. Here is what is currently known about it. You play as Frank West telling the story of "If I was there this is what I would have done". There are other areas, weapons, and gameplay elements (the camera is back) as well.

The issue with this is it's non-cannon, it's a what-if scenario. As such I am only mildly interested in it. On top of that I feel that Capcom knew they were going to do this from the start "let's give people a new character, which of course they're going to ask 'where's Frank!?! we want Frank back' so to appease them we'll make a new version and charge them $40 for it. Thus selling two games, one with some changes to the same people and then some". This has become Capcoms MO recently.[/QUOTE]

Wouldn't be surprised if there's a Dead Rising 2 "Complete" edition in the future with both the original and Off the Record included

[quote name='xDerekRx']Basically most of this stuff is back but they made pretty much all of it better. They took all the complaints about how BS alot of the stuff was in 1 and made it better in 2.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, to you and dmdragon both. Since there are still remnants of some of these issues I think I'd better pass. Don't want to take a chance when there are too many other games I'd rather play which I know for sure I'll like.

i closed to pick up this LE version but i waits for better update Dead Rising 2: Off the Record. Still the same game but little extra :)

I put this in my cart, hesitated, and then checked the market for the standalone versions. Seems about the same, maybe a bit less. I'm not really all that interested in the CE stuff (though I suppose I'll know definitively how I feel about them when I receive it), and I have a bit of a backlog, but I grabbed one anyway. I could always sell off/trade off the goodies, making my purchase for just the game even cheaper!

so yea, in for one on the 360!

Thanks OP, ordered a 360 version. Now I have a reason to use the DR2 CE guide I've had sitting on my shelf for the past few months! :razz:

I also like the idea that I can make back some of what I paid selling the unwanted stuff; I'll definitely be looking into that. :D

Thanks op! I just picked 2 up (one for me and one for my bf lol)
I have this on 360, I just wanted the collector's for a while. Can't beat this deal!

Had a blast with the game. I'm picking up the 360 version and trading my old one in using the current BB deal to get a trade in of almost $19. Nice find.

I never finished the first one due to the stupid STUPID time limits which also plague this one, but $20 for a CE? Could not resist.

Sold out.

The time limits in this game were much much more lenient. Depending on your route, you had ample time to run around.

[quote name='cheapnpoor']Ive never played Dead Rising 1, is it necessary to know the background story before jumping into DR2???[/QUOTE]
no

[quote name='kouleefoh']Thank god it went out of stock as i check out. Almost suffered from another impulse buy.[/QUOTE]

LOL If someone didn't tell you, you're great. I'm going to do it, you're great. I can totally relate with the impulse buying. :applause:

Getting so broke buying all these CE's but couldn't pass up for $20 so picked up a PS3 version thanks op!

[quote name='kouleefoh']Thank god it went out of stock as i check out. Almost suffered from another impulse buy.[/QUOTE]

same thing happened to me, and I'm just as grateful

Just wonder if newegg ships these in boxes or in padded envelopes? I think the CE has an outer cardboard box that's gonna get smashed if shipped in a padded envelope.

Thanks a lot for posting this OP ordered mine early this morning already got the tracking number.

[quote name='asot']Thanks a lot for posting this OP ordered mine early this morning already got the tracking number.[/QUOTE]

just got tracking number myself. very impress with there how fast neweggs shipping process is

kinda pissed at myself for missing this, my brother has been wanting me to pick up a copy to co-op online with him. here's to hopefully finding a cheap deal on the standard version come black friday

bread's done
Back