(Dead) Sale @ BB Uncharted 2 GotY $20, PoP: Forgotten Sands $10, Infamous $10 & more!

xxjonoxx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
21 (100%)
ALL SALES ARE DEAD AS OF 5/15

Best Buy dropped the price on a bunch of games today, with some decent deals. The sale will last all week according to Nealocus123 here. Highlights:

:ps3: Infamous PS3 - $10
:ps3: Dead to Rights Retribution PS3 - $10 - Removed from the website, but can still be bought in-store
:ps3::360::wii: Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands PS3 360 Wii - $10
:ps3::360: Clash of the Titans PS3 360 - $10
:ds: Picross 3D DS - $10

:ps3::360::wii: Shaun White Skateboarding PS3 360 Wii - $12

:ps3: Uncharted 2: Game of the Year Edition PS3 - $20
:ps3: Ratchet & Clank: A Crack in Time PS3 - $20

:3ds: Samurai Warrior Chronicles 3DS - $25

:pc: Portal 2 PC - $30
:360: Dance Central 360 - $30

:ps3::360: Portal 2 PS3 360 - $40
:ps3::360::pc: Dragon Age 2 PS3 360 PC - $40
:ps3::360::pc: Bulletstorm PS3 360 PC - $40
:ps3::360: Need for Speed: Shift 2 Unleashed PS3 360 - $40

:ps3: Gran Turismo 5 PS3 - $50
:ps3: LittleBigPlanet 2 PS3 - $50

:ps3::360: Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood Collector's Edition PS3 360 - $55

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='sunghost']Great deal on Uncharted 2. I traded in my regular copy of it today, received a $20 giftcard and got Uncharted 2 GOTY nearly free (had to pay 99 cents tax lol). I would recommend anyone that has Uncharted 2 but doesn't have the DLC or the GOTY to do the same.[/QUOTE]

wtf? are you serious?..done and done..how fast/when does BB change their trade in value prices?

[quote name='token2k6']wtf? are you serious?..done and done..how fast/when does BB change their trade in value prices?[/QUOTE]

No idea how often they change their trade in prices, I don't usually trade in games but I couldn't pass this up. Trade in process took about 5 minutes. Saw someone say on the first page of the thread that they traded it in this weekend for $20.. so I checked the site and it hasn't been changed since then.

What made this even better for me is that I got the regular edition of Uncharted 2 for $9.98 from Target. Basically got the GOTY for $9.98 + tax (about $11).

I don't even got a PS3 yet (Waiting until after E3 for a possible price drop) but I will surely get one within 3 months. Thinking about biting on Uncharted 2 but Amazon is just a couple bucks more anyway. Maybe it will be eve lower if I wait.

[quote name='token2k6']dude, I wouldn't do it..didn't you see that article where the latest patch needed a patch? its just not good news. I bought it launch day, played for 20 mins with the guide in hand. When I learned you couldn't do some side missions perfectly b/c there was no way to get your level high enough at the time, I just gave up and haven't touched it sense. I'm sure there are a lot of die-hards out there, hell Fallout 3 was gold compared to this. I was really disappoint with NV..[/QUOTE]

I loved new vegas and found it Fallout 3 to be at least as buggy as New Vegas at launch. The patches did help a lot on the console side. Put in 60+ hours and had a great time, liked it more than Fallout 3.

[quote name='jer7583']I loved new vegas and found it Fallout 3 to be at least as buggy as New Vegas at launch. The patches did help a lot on the console side. Put in 60+ hours and had a great time, liked it more than Fallout 3.[/QUOTE]

grrr, ok, i promise I will give it another try sometime soon. I really do want it to be great! Don't get me wrong..I think the price for this deal is great if someone really wants to try it out..

Thinking bout upgrading my uncharted 2 to goty but I already got both map packs (siege or something and something) so i think i would just get skins/comic... worth it?

Anyone know if you can still redeem the Uncharted 2 DLC code? The voucher says it expired 10/12/2010. I know that it was supposedly a typo, but I'm wondering if anyone has experience redeeming them recently. Can't check cuz PSN is down :(

[quote name='sunghost']Anyone know if you can still redeem the Uncharted 2 DLC code? The voucher says it expired 10/12/2010. I know that it was supposedly a typo, but I'm wondering if anyone has experience redeeming them recently. Can't check cuz PSN is down :([/QUOTE]

I redeemed last Christmas and it worked for me. My paper also says that it expired on 10/12/2010.

I was just about to post the same exact thread! I work at Best Buy and am going to try to update their unadvertised sales every Sunday for the gaming department.

To clear up any misconceptions these are not mother's day only sales, the "sale" games will stay that price until next Sunday, and the "clearance" games will stay that price until they are sold (or sometimes drop even lower). Here are some games you missed, please add them to the OP.

Due to how busy my particular store was today because of Mother's Day, I didn't have a ton of time to get the individual prices, but I'll be updating this list tomorrow too.

Yellow = Clearance & YMMV
Red = Sale & Nationwide

iconxbox360.gif
Xbox 360
iconxbox360.gif

Band Hero - $14.99
Bulletstorm - $39.99
Clash of the Titans - $9.99
Dark Void - $9.99
DJ Hero 2 (Game Only) - $34.99
DJ Hero (Game Only) - $27.99
Fairytale Fights - $9.99

Fallout: New Vegas - $19.99
Portal 2 - $39.99
Shaun White Snowboarding - $11.99
Shift 2 - $39.99
Top Spin 4 - $39.99

iconps3.gif
Playstation 3
iconps3.gif

Top Spin 4 - $39.99
Portal 2 - $39.99
Little Big Planet 2 - $49.99
Gran Turismo 5 - $49.99
Fallout: New Vegas - $19.99

Dead to Rights: Retribution - $9.99
Backbreaker - $13.99

Game of the Year Edition Includes:

3 Downloadable Content packs that include 19 skins, 4 maps, and one new game mode.
3 boosters for use in online multiplayer modes including "Currency Multiplier," "Golden Guns," and early access to "Revenge."
4 Uncharted: Eye of Indra animated motion comics.
2 multiplayer skins of characters featured in the Eye of Indra motion comic series.
4 PlayStation Network Avatar Packs including 18 premium Uncharted avatars.
Pinball Heroes--Uncharted PSP game.
ok, so yeah, maybe i will get it just for some skins, lol.

Thanks OP. Picked up U2 and PoP for the PS3. Both store pickups at different stores dangit, but it will save on the shipping and I will be by both stores soon. Had to add a card to bump me over $30 to use my RZ cert. Again thanks OP and also Nealocus, your post didn't help me personally but keep the info coming.

not sure i would spend even $10 on prince of persia, you can rent it and beat it in a weekend. very short game and not much replay value. uncharted 2 for $20 is great tho

[quote name='hle078']not sure i would spend even $10 on prince of persia, you can rent it and beat it in a weekend. very short game and not much replay value. uncharted 2 for $20 is great tho[/QUOTE]

Yeah it can be finished in an afternoon.. Shouldn't take more than a day. Not a bad deal for that price though if you want it for your collection. I got it for $10 a while ago from Best Buy, also came with the exclusive skin.

[quote name='hle078']not sure i would spend even $10 on prince of persia, you can rent it and beat it in a weekend. very short game and not much replay value. uncharted 2 for $20 is great tho[/QUOTE]

u mean goty ver.?

I was going to pick up Samurai Warriors 3D. Apparently the Bestbuy worker found one in stock on their system but we couldn't find the copy anywhere... I hope Amazon price matches.

i hated 2008 PoP due to annoying puzzles. does forgotten sand have similar puzzles? i played 3 PoPs on xbox and i don't remember being as frustrated as 2008 PoP did.

[quote name='XenoNinjaX']i hated 2008 PoP due to annoying puzzles. does forgotten sand have similar puzzles? i played 3 PoPs on xbox and i don't remember being as frustrated as 2008 PoP did.[/QUOTE]

Forgotten Sands is much more like the original trilogy. I didn't like PoP 2008, and didn't find Forgotten Sands puzzles frustrating at all. The only issue I had with it (I own the PS3 version) were a couple of glitches.

[quote name='XenoNinjaX']i hated 2008 PoP due to annoying puzzles. does forgotten sand have similar puzzles? i played 3 PoPs on xbox and i don't remember being as frustrated as 2008 PoP did.[/QUOTE]

Forget the puzzles, you will want to break the game because of the water you have to freeze and unfreeze.

[quote name='imacgod']So we trying to price match this with Amazon? Would be nice...

I guess I'm the only one interested in Assassin's Creed Brotherhood Collector's Ediition at $55. Or at least caught my eye. Probably can wait out longer. Definitely saw stacks of these at Best Buy's over the past week. Originally at a ridiculous $100.[/QUOTE]
Nope, I'm the same. I submitted price matches to Amazon, so hopefully they listen. Though I want it even lower than $55 =(

[quote name='Nealocus123']I was just about to post the same exact thread! I work at Best Buy and am going to try to update their unadvertised sales every Sunday for the gaming department.

To clear up any misconceptions these are not mother's day only sales, the "sale" games will stay that price until next Sunday, and the "clearance" games will stay that price until they are sold (or sometimes drop even lower). Here are some games you missed, please add them to the OP.

Due to how busy my particular store was today because of Mother's Day, I didn't have a ton of time to get the individual prices, but I'll be updating this list tomorrow too.
[/QUOTE]

Thank you Nealocus, I updated the OP with your new info. If you have any new info in the coming days I will gladly update the OP with anything you have.

I went to my BB today to get Uncharted 2. Of course it was sold out.

The associate told me that the price was just the regular price, and was not a "sale" and will always be $20 from here on out.

Thanks to whomever mentioned the trade in values on Uncharted 2.

Took my original version in for a $20 gift card, walked over and bought the GOTY version with the gift card.

I have some if not most of the DLC, but why not?

[quote name='sgtscrotes310']
25 bucks off of portal 2 any system[/QUOTE]

If you read the Kmart sticky thread, you will see that the coupon is a fake.

Mods' edit (05/02/11):
The $25 "coupon" floating around on the Internet for Portal 2 is a complete fake. Don't post it on here, or you'll end up taking a vacation from the site.

Mods were deleting all references to this "coupon" last week because (to be blunt) it looks like a fake. Please post a link to a legitimate website (and not just the picture of the "coupon"), otherwise this post will probably (and should) disappear.

EDIT: Removed the link in the quoted text

That's a bogus coupon. I'd advise editing your post to remove it. Here's the mod's take on it from the K-mart thread:

Mods' edit (05/02/11):
The $25 "coupon" floating around on the Internet for Portal 2 is a complete fake. Don't post it on here, or you'll end up taking a vacation from the site.

Couldn't pass up on Uncharted 2 for $19.99. Was anticipating for a deal on this game after I completed the first game.

Why can't all the greatest hits/GOTY editions just have a nice sticker on the top part of the seal instead of the ugly red box like Uncharted 1. :cry:

Tried to order it online but there was a problem with my rewards card. I called best buy, everything went really well and didn't ask for anything, but they gave me a $15 certificate.

UNCHARTED 2 GOTY FOR $5!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just came from Best Buy and picked up the Ratchet & Clank(PS3) game people keep talking about. No Prince of Persia in the surrounding area.

Thanks OP!

[quote name='Velo214']Thinking bout upgrading my uncharted 2 to goty but I already got both map packs (siege or something and something) so i think i would just get skins/comic... worth it?[/QUOTE]
You could always just sell the DLC voucher(s) on eBay to further lessen your cost for the GOTY edition and if it's seperate vouchers for each item then just keep the ones you wanna keep.;)

I did the same thing as a few of you, I brought in Uncharted 2 regular and a copy of New Vegas I got at Gamestop that wasn't in the best condition during B2G1. I got a $40 GC and used it on Uncharted 2 GotY and New Vegas with slipcover. Also bought Picross 3D as my first DS game for my new 3DS!

I think I might actually return the New Vegas though, since I hear that game is terrible on consoles and probably just get it on PC for $5 in the future.

Really want Amazon to price match Uncharted 2 since shipping and tax kills this for me. I have no clue how to submit a PM to Amazon tho. =/

[quote name='gtkilla']Really want Amazon to price match Uncharted 2 since shipping and tax kills this for me. I have no clue how to submit a PM to Amazon tho. =/[/QUOTE]

Bring up Amazon's page for Uncharted 2 (http://www.amazon.com/dp/B002I0F5I2), and scroll all the way to the bottom. There'll be a light blue box with the heading "Feedback". The link you want is "tell us about a lower price".

Am I the only one half tempted to buy Clash of the Titans just for shits and giggles? It reviewed horribly and is supposed to be utter crap. Yet, for $10 I hear it calling my name so I can laugh at how bad it is.

Did not find any POP in any of the Best Buys near me. I did manage to pick up picross 3d though. Also Nier for the PS3 is $9.99 in case anyone has not mentioned that yet. I guess i will get POP shipped if i cannot find it in the next best buy i go to.

[quote name='wrencrest']Am I the only one half tempted to buy Clash of the Titans just for shits and giggles? It reviewed horribly and is supposed to be utter crap. Yet, for $10 I hear it calling my name so I can laugh at how bad it is.[/QUOTE]

That's the inner voice of a cheap gamer, lol.

bread's done
Back