(Dead) Sale @ BB Uncharted 2 GotY $20, PoP: Forgotten Sands $10, Infamous $10 & more!

xxjonoxx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
21 (100%)
ALL SALES ARE DEAD AS OF 5/15

Best Buy dropped the price on a bunch of games today, with some decent deals. The sale will last all week according to Nealocus123 here. Highlights:

:ps3: Infamous PS3 - $10
:ps3: Dead to Rights Retribution PS3 - $10 - Removed from the website, but can still be bought in-store
:ps3::360::wii: Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands PS3 360 Wii - $10
:ps3::360: Clash of the Titans PS3 360 - $10
:ds: Picross 3D DS - $10

:ps3::360::wii: Shaun White Skateboarding PS3 360 Wii - $12

:ps3: Uncharted 2: Game of the Year Edition PS3 - $20
:ps3: Ratchet & Clank: A Crack in Time PS3 - $20

:3ds: Samurai Warrior Chronicles 3DS - $25

:pc: Portal 2 PC - $30
:360: Dance Central 360 - $30

:ps3::360: Portal 2 PS3 360 - $40
:ps3::360::pc: Dragon Age 2 PS3 360 PC - $40
:ps3::360::pc: Bulletstorm PS3 360 PC - $40
:ps3::360: Need for Speed: Shift 2 Unleashed PS3 360 - $40

:ps3: Gran Turismo 5 PS3 - $50
:ps3: LittleBigPlanet 2 PS3 - $50

:ps3::360: Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood Collector's Edition PS3 360 - $55

Last edited by a moderator:
I bough Dead to Rights and Picross 3D. The Best Buy I went to did not have Prince of Persia. They did have Uncharted 2 with the greatest hits sticker on it... the original plastic. So I might trade in my original and get the GOTY edition.

I saw Fallout New Vegas, debated for a second or two then gave it a pass. Bethesta quality in game making is simply horrible, same reason I did not get Fallout 3. Moving on, also saw Clash of the Titans but the Best Buy employee said it's horrible, so I passed on that. I like people who give good advice over trying to make a sale. Going back there again for sure, signed up for Rewards and for Gamersclub although I doubt I will ever spend enough to get the credit.

just got back from best buy. the plastic wrap of my uncharted 2 goty had greatest hits in red but the cover itself has just the original black outline. was there a later goty edition that comes w/ the greatest hits red border on the cover itself (similar to what happened to later printings of arkham asylum goty)?

update: apparently there is an ugly greatest hits version of the goty. in that case, you guys shouldn't be waiting around for amazon to price match. just get the non greatest hits version from best buy.

Really tempted to get Picross 3D & Dead to Rights 3.

Picross for the DS is probably in my top 3 games for the handheld, but I don't know how the sequel compares.

I also remember watching videos / reading reviews of the original D2R games for ps2 & xbox, and always thought they looked like a zanier Max Payne, which looked fun. Retribution looks more like a peek-a-boo TPS like Gears of War, than the shoot-dive fest that was Max Payne, at least when I watched the GT review.

Anyone want to weigh in on either game?

[quote name='xRemnant']I bough Dead to Rights and Picross 3D. The Best Buy I went to did not have Prince of Persia. They did have Uncharted 2 with the greatest hits sticker on it... the original plastic. So I might trade in my original and get the GOTY edition.

I saw Fallout New Vegas, debated for a second or two then gave it a pass. Bethesta quality in game making is simply horrible, same reason I did not get Fallout 3. Moving on, also saw Clash of the Titans but the Best Buy employee said it's horrible, so I passed on that. I like people who give good advice over trying to make a sale. Going back there again for sure, signed up for Rewards and for Gamersclub although I doubt I will ever spend enough to get the credit.[/QUOTE]

Bethesda didn't make it, and why on earth would you have to "debate" buying a game by a company you think makes horrible games? Lol, you're kinda bad at this.

[quote name='sunghost']No idea how often they change their trade in prices, I don't usually trade in games but I couldn't pass this up. Trade in process took about 5 minutes.[/QUOTE]

How did the trade-in process work at your store? My store recently added a register in the game section. A logical place to be able to trade in a game, I thought. Sure enough, as I approached the counter, I saw a sign nearby promoting the game trade-in program. I told the blueshirt I wanted to trade in a game. "You have to go to Geek Squad for that."

Really? I have to wait behind 3 parties each having 20 minute conversations about PC issues to conduct business that should take 3 minutes?

Seems like Best Buy's trade-in program is actually just a means of promoting Amazon's trade-in program.

[quote name='xRemnant']II saw Fallout New Vegas, debated for a second or two then gave it a pass. Bethesta quality in game making is simply horrible, same reason I did not get Fallout 3.[/QUOTE]
FO3 and FNV were made by different developers.

[quote name='gantt']How did the trade-in process work at your store? My store recently added a register in the game section. A logical place to be able to trade in a game, I thought. Sure enough, as I approached the counter, I saw a sign nearby promoting the game trade-in program. I told the blueshirt I wanted to trade in a game. "You have to go to Geek Squad for that."

Really? I have to wait behind 3 parties each having 20 minute conversations about PC issues to conduct business that should take 3 minutes?

Seems like Best Buy's trade-in program is actually just a means of promoting Amazon's trade-in program.

FO3 and FNV were made by different developers.[/QUOTE]

I had to go to the customer service desk to trade it in. Took a couple minutes for the guy to log in and give me the price or whatever, then I had to show my ID, give them my email address (not sure if optional) and sign paper that clarified that they now have ownership to the game. No one was in line at the desk when I arrived at the store so I didn't need to wait to get service, but I suppose I would have had to if there had been a line since it was the same desk used for returns/in store pickup/etc.

[quote name='sunghost']I had to go to the customer service desk to trade it in. Took a couple minutes for the guy to log in and give me the price or whatever, then I had to show my ID, give them my email address (not sure if optional) and sign paper that clarified that they now have ownership to the game. No one was in line at the desk when I arrived at the store so I didn't need to wait to get service, but I suppose I would have had to if there had been a line since it was the same desk used for returns/in store pickup/etc.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. Customer Service would be acceptable; the line moves pretty quickly. Geek Squad is not. Maybe the blueshirt I spoke with was just clueless.

[quote name='NuclearPorkchop']Really tempted to get Picross 3D & Dead to Rights 3.

Picross for the DS is probably in my top 3 games for the handheld, but I don't know how the sequel compares.

Anyone want to weigh in on either game?[/QUOTE]

I also loved the original Picross DS, and Picross 3D is fantastic, easily worth $10 if you like this style of puzzler. It doesn't reach nearly as difficult as the DS version; AFAIK, you don't get to the point where you have to sort of project forward and hypothesize about potential tick marks. But it's still really engaging, and just the feel of spinning a puzzle around to chip away at a sculpture is very relaxing. I play it on a DSi XL and, as I mentioned earlier in the thread, it's the perfect "Sunday morning, play with a cup of coffee in your other hand" game. Highly recommended. The MSRP is only $20 normally, but $10 is even better.

[quote name='lunker']I also loved the original Picross DS, and Picross 3D is fantastic, easily worth $10 if you like this style of puzzler. It doesn't reach nearly as difficult as the DS version; AFAIK, you don't get to the point where you have to sort of project forward and hypothesize about potential tick marks.[/QUOTE]

There are 2-3 puzzles where you have to hypothesize. Otherwise it's pretty straightforward and relaxing, like you say. Easily in my top 5 DS games of all time, and I have at least 100 DS games.

Hmm looks like I will grab a $10 Picross 3D and a New Vegas after work then go and order the Samurai Warriors 3DS when I get home with ship to store (since it's not at my store). I figured Ssmurai Warriors wont be dropping that much anyway for a good while.

Thanks OP.

[quote name='FlyingMonkey9']BB has TIV of 30 for F1 2010...think I will trade it in towards Shift 2 which is on sale for 39.99...[/QUOTE]

:ps3: F1 2010 is Amazon's Trade of the Day with a value of $32 if you are into that sort of thing

if anybody is interested in in Ratchet and Clank C.I.T it is also available at Sears for $18.00 the ones ant my store were the non greatest hits version Little Big Planet was also available for the same price original packaging

Nice. Ordered. Will return/not pick up my BB pickup order. Amazon also has Picross 3D for $9.99. No, I will not rest until everyone with a DS has this game.

Just a quick question, is all the extra stuff with the Uncharted 2 GOTY Edition on the disc itseld or a seperate DLC voucher?

Thanks

[quote name='jgiovanni']Just a quick question, is all the extra stuff with the Uncharted 2 GOTY Edition on the disc itseld or a seperate DLC voucher?[/QUOTE]
A separate voucher with 1 code for all the DLCs.

Also, most of the DLCs are for multiplayer only.

[quote name='eau']A separate voucher with 1 code for all the DLCs.

Also, most of the DLCs are for multiplayer only.[/QUOTE]

Excellent, just what I wanted to hear, I'll purchase from amazon with my credit, and resend back for $20.25 without the voucher.

Nice - traded Uncharted (no manual used from BBV) for a New UC2 GOTY for .99. Can't beat that deal...

Had to stand behind some poor people going through Geek Squad for computer fixes - I wonder if BB gives you a jar of Vaseline when you drop your machine off? LOL.

Awesome on the Ami price match on UC2! Grabbed one! I doubt we'll see the game hit anything lower than $20. Now, if only they matched the PoP deal, but they have no stock left, so I doubt it... Guess I'll head OUTSIDE and check the local BB...

[quote name='jgiovanni']Excellent, just what I wanted to hear, I'll purchase from amazon with my credit, and resend back for $20.25 without the voucher.[/QUOTE]

Genius plan. I may have to do the same as my vanilla copy is still sitting on my shelf.. SEALED. :lol:

[quote name='jgiovanni']Excellent, just what I wanted to hear, I'll purchase from amazon with my credit, and resend back for $20.25 without the voucher.[/QUOTE]

I... wow... thank you. Jesus amazon, I love you but I hate to see you do this to yourself!

Same thing happened last year with Lost PLanet 2, it was on sale for $19.99 with a TIV of close to $30 I believe.

Assassin's Creed Brotherhood Collector's Edition also PM'd to $55 on Amazon. A pass for me though. I can hold out, I think.

Still waiting for a Dance Central PM, but I guess that's not happening :(

just upgraded my uncharted 2 to goty, but i already had drakes fortune and siege pack, but now i have avatars, comics and skins... lol ;)?

also i would have got a new dead to rights but i thought they were sold out. i have a new one from amazon for 12ish so i guess it doesn't make a difference really ;)
i heard clash of titans was horrible. Pop forgotten sands was awesome for a rental but there really wasn't much more to do after the plat. 3d picross is an awesome game too, but i don't really pay for that type of stuff :)

Are these prices good in every store yet? My best buy is full of fucking idiots (and I mean fucking dumbasses) and I am leaving to go there in 40 minutes from work.

wow, looking at the posts/amazon uc 2 goty pricematch, i feel i overpaid with just my tax ;) even just paying tax is too much for a true cag

Isn't there a @gamer coupon for the Turtle Beach - EarForce X11 Gaming Headset in the May magazine? If so does that coupon stack with the current sale price of $42.99?

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Are these prices good in every store yet? My best buy is full of fucking idiots (and I mean fucking dumbasses) and I am leaving to go there in 40 minutes from work.[/QUOTE]

Should be. Went yesterday and saw select items with the discount. Though, I only went in to get U2. If you have a problem where it's not listed at the sale price, just price match their site.

Just processed my U2 GOTY upgrade today. Have to mail in the disk as my local store doesn't do the trade-ins. Already have gift card credit at Best Buy anyhow, so easy for me to trade one credit for another.

[quote name='omster']Yay, Amazon price match of Picross 3D! It has naturally already been purchased by me.[/QUOTE]

Dammit, they need to do it for New Vegas now!

[quote name='Beatofficer']Dammit, they need to do it for New Vegas now![/QUOTE]

And Ben 10!
sadly, not kidding.

Picked up "Uncharted 2 GOTY" for $21.39 after tax.

It's always good when there's game that u are looking for on sale. :)

TY cheapy!

Got Fallout, could not find Picross for the life of me but I am buying a webcam with store pickup for tomorrow. I will add it to the cart and see what happens.

Apparently they already did. It's sold out now. Same with all the Best Buys around me.

*extremely irritated by this*

[quote name='FromChaos']Apparently they already did. It's sold out now. Same with all the Best Buys around me.

*extremely irritated by this*[/QUOTE]

Well that sucks, I was hoping to get it.:cry:

[quote name='skateraXVIII']Hoping Amazon price matches UC2.[/QUOTE]

They did match it, but it sold out really quickly. I missed out on Amazon, but fortunately BB, still has it.

Nice find! I was gonna get PoP and DtR for PS3 BUT....all of the stores in south Seattle are out of stock :cry:. I cant even have them ship them to my house or any stores in my area. That is how you lose loyal customers, Best Buy.

BTW, whatever happened to Best Buy? They used to have outstanding customer service. My pops would spend hundreds of dollars on random gadgets back in the days in Best Buy every other month. Lately, they've been having horrible customer service. I cant even come inside a store without being insulted in some way by their ignorance. I asked a guy once where the turtle beaches are and he responded by saying, "we phased out on those bean bags a while back." :drool:

I looked at over 5 BB for POP and found none. How is this even possible when i searched the first day of the sale? I hate it how online it says available for in store pickup and when you click add cart it says unavailable....

[quote name='Wavedash007'].... I hate it how online it says available for in store pickup and when you click add cart it says unavailable....[/QUOTE]

I second that :applause:

Just ordered Picross 3D for in store pickup and a new sweet ass webcam to replace my old one that just crapped out on me. Can anyone tell me what I need to bring if I did a paypal order for my items?

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Just ordered Picross 3D for in store pickup and a new sweet ass webcam to replace my old one that just crapped out on me. Can anyone tell me what I need to bring if I did a paypal order for my items?[/QUOTE]

Photo ID and the order number should be fine.

[quote name='Velo214']call or check for real. online said my store had no more DtR but i went and they had bout 4 left. just fyi ymmv[/QUOTE]

My BB is the same when it comes in stock items. A lot of the times it says available but they always seem to have the items in the back. I hate looking at the game section and seeing major gaps of games not in stock because of lazy employees.

[quote name='Bumslie']My BB is the same when it comes in stock items. A lot of the times it says available but they always seem to have the items in the back. I hate looking at the game section and seeing major gaps of games not in stock because of lazy employees.[/QUOTE]

Yeah our online website is atrocious, I constantly have people coming in for items that said available however we had none in store.

bread's done
Back