[DEAD] Save Up to 55% on Select Bandai Ent. Titles @ DeepDiscount.com

WTK

CAGiversary!
dvd-bandaianime55-hero.jpg

Save Up to 55% on Select Bandai Ent. Titles | Expires 10/12/10 @ Noon CST

Select Titles Include the Following:

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice find, but I'm still waiting for my Gurren Lagann from their last sale. I know I was cheap and went free shipping, but I've never had anything take this long. Not even my magazines from Japan take over 2 weeks to get here....

Geez, I bought Cowboy Bebop & Outlaw Star complete collections like 7 years ago for $25 each. I can't believe they are still the same price...

Is Escaflowne any good? What's the difference/which is better between Anime/Super Legends versions?

[quote name='Kazaganthi']Is Escaflowne any good? What's the difference/which is better between Anime/Super Legends versions?[/QUOTE]

Escaflowne is fantastic, and everybody should be buying it. The only difference between the two is the packaging - get the cheaper one.

F@ck!!!, just when I thought I was in the clear. Wicked prices on Banda sets, I have most everything that I need from Bandai (excepting a freaking Anime legends collection for Code Geass R2) but Lucky Star and Ghost Slayer Ayashi are tempting for those prices

[quote name='wormraper']F@ck!!!, just when I thought I was in the clear. Wicked prices on Banda sets, I have most everything that I need from Bandai (excepting a freaking Anime legends collection for Code Geass R2) but Lucky Star and Ghost Slayer Ayashi are tempting for those prices[/QUOTE]

Ayashi is like watching paint dry. Lucky Star is probably a safer choice.

[quote name='Dragonsbane']Anyone have an opinion on the dub of kanaggi? I watched it orgionally in sub, but I like a dub when im not in the mood to read.[/QUOTE]

Kannagi wasn't released with a dub. Sub-only.

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']Ayashi is like watching paint dry. Lucky Star is probably a safer choice.[/QUOTE]

yeah, that's what I was thinking, however I'm not sure if Lucky star has much replay value so I think I'll pass. Like I said the only thing I need of Bandai now is the Code Geass R2 Anime legends set when it comes out (though I'm tempted to see Haruhi since I've never seen any of it)

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']Escaflowne is fantastic, and everybody should be buying it. The only difference between the two is the packaging - get the cheaper one.[/QUOTE]

I looked it up on Wiki, Sci-Fi Fantasy maybe like Outlaw Star? Hope I like it. It's expensive on Amazon, and RighStuf is $30, so I ordered it here. Thank you for recommendation!

[quote name='wormraper']yeah, that's what I was thinking, however I'm not sure if Lucky star has much replay value so I think I'll pass. Like I said the only thing I need of Bandai now is the Code Geass R2 Anime legends set when it comes out (though I'm tempted to see Haruhi since I've never seen any of it)[/QUOTE]

I rewatch Lucky Star all the time. Restarted it again actually, so imo it has great replay value.

[quote name='G-Nitro']I rewatch Lucky Star all the time. Restarted it again actually, so imo it has great replay value.[/QUOTE]
I rewatch Lucky Star often as well. Restarting it again when I finish rewatching School Rumble.

That's also a great price on Eureka Seven, another easy rec (although I can't rec the movie since I haven't seen it yet).

[quote name='G-Nitro']I rewatch Lucky Star all the time. Restarted it again actually, so imo it has great replay value.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, it's the only series that I've completely rewatched, and lately I've been itching to watch it again now that I've got the collection on DVD.

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']Kannagi wasn't released with a dub. Sub-only.[/QUOTE]

Interesting, I never expected that. Ah well.....I still like the show alot......decisions decisions

Outlaw Star is a rollercoaster of emotions... it starts out very promising, dips severely in quality in the middle of the series, picks up again near the end, and then goes batshit insane for the last 3 or so episodes.

If you're looking for something like Cowboy Bebop, look elsewhere... I'm not sure there is anything that really compares, though.

*not that I'm saying don't get the series... it's worth watching, it's just really really uneven in quality*

[quote name='zenintrude']Outlaw Star is a rollercoaster of emotions... it starts out very promising, dips severely in quality in the middle of the series, picks up again near the end, and then goes batshit insane for the last 3 or so episodes.

If you're looking for something like Cowboy Bebop, look elsewhere... I'm not sure there is anything that really compares, though.

*not that I'm saying don't get the series... it's worth watching, it's just really really uneven in quality*[/QUOTE]

You left out the part with spaceships that have arms and handguns and axes.........

Hmm, that might be a good enough enough price to make me finally pick up the Melancholy Of Haruhi Suzmiya Season 2 set.

[quote name='zenintrude']Outlaw Star is a rollercoaster of emotions... it starts out very promising, dips severely in quality in the middle of the series, picks up again near the end, and then goes batshit insane for the last 3 or so episodes.

*not that I'm saying don't get the series... it's worth watching, it's just really really uneven in quality*[/QUOTE]

Outlaw Star is worth the price of admission for the cactus episode alone. :lol:

Is this DeepDiscount.com place reliable? It's getting mixed reviews on ResellerRatings, has anyone here had any bad experiences with them?

[quote name='BitLooter']Is this DeepDiscount.com place reliable? It's getting mixed reviews on ResellerRatings, has anyone here had any bad experiences with them?[/QUOTE]

DeepDiscount has been around forever and I have ordered from the many times. I have had no major problems, I got a wrong dvd once but that got corrected immediatly and painlessly, two cravats, 1. Free shipping can take some time depending on the time of day, I have gotten items any where from 3 days to 5 weeks (back-ordered item) and if you live in Illinois as I do you have to pay tax. But never had a problem with never getting an item, a item being lost ect. and their customer service has always been prompt and friendly with me.

[quote name='BitLooter']Is this DeepDiscount.com place reliable? It's getting mixed reviews on ResellerRatings, has anyone here had any bad experiences with them?[/QUOTE]

Absolute safe to order from. They used to be a bigger deal around here with I believe twice a year dvd sales tied with great regular prices. I've never had issues with them.

Thanks, I feel much better about ordering from them now. I guess it's true what they say; the satisfied customer tells his friends, but the vaguely annoyed customer bitches about it to the entire internet.

Well, I will never order from Deep Discount again. Still haven't received Gurren Lagann from the last sale, and they won't reply back to any inquiries.

Wait for Rightstuf sales and buy from a company who cares about customer service.

It appears that DD hasn't adjusted the sales price yet. Take advantage while you can for an additional 20% off.

EDIT: It's dead now. The BEI titles are back to its regular prices.

fallsale-20off2010-BLUclick-hero.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I ordered Cowboy Bebop from DeepDiscount and the discs came defective (some kind of manufacturing error where the discs had bubbles and skipped like crazy when played, not really their fault), so I sent them back and I'm currently waiting for them to send back working DVDs.

bread's done
Back